Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC overseas 15:37 - Aug 6 with 2891 viewsDeano69

Just got to our hotel in Jamaica, first member of staff we see asks me where we from ‘ipswich’, he replies ‘ah yes, Ipswich I know Ipswich, Kevin Lisbie!’

Then the usual Bobby Robson chat, but now he tells me he is a Chelsea fan. Still, he hates Man U so not all bad.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

ITFC overseas on 15:44 - Aug 6 with 2831 viewsGeoffSentence

I had the same in Bulgaria a couple of years ago, only with the Town player in question being Boncho not Lisbie.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ITFC overseas on 15:52 - Aug 6 with 2771 viewsMattinLondon

Just got back from visiting a donkey sanctuary. I told an overseas member of staff that I supported Ipswich and he said ‘oh, I know Ipswich...Frank Nouble.
ITFC overseas on 16:12 - Aug 6 with 2721 viewsIpswichChris

I was at Disney World in Orlando, Florida waiting in line for a photo op with Kylo Ren, when a older gentleman wearing an Imperial officer's uniform spots my Ipswich kit and exclaims "Ipswich Town! My grandfather played for Ipswich town!".

I asked who his grandfather was and he assured me it was long ago and that I would not know him.

Still, pretty cool that a member of the Empire had a grandfather play for Ipswich.
ITFC overseas on 18:06 - Aug 6 with 2543 viewsPendejo

Cab driver in Las Vegas in 81, usual where you from question followed by him telling us of his years at Bentwaters and going to watch soccer with the boys from the base.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

ITFC overseas on 21:44 - Aug 6 with 2345 viewsfloridablue

Very early 80s and my wife and I island hopped from the ferry port in Athens Greece. One of the islands we arrived at the local families were there waiting and offering cheap overnight stays at their homes. The elderly couple we went back with who could hardly speak one word of English had their son, about my age home from military service who could. Chatting with him about everything the conversation turned to football and when I mentioned ipswich he disappeared and returned with a sugar type spoon with the Ipswich Town crest on the handle. Sadly just cannot remember the story of how they came across it!
ITFC overseas on 21:58 - Aug 6 with 2295 viewsWD19

ITFC overseas on 16:12 - Aug 6 by IpswichChris

I was at Disney World in Orlando, Florida waiting in line for a photo op with Kylo Ren, when a older gentleman wearing an Imperial officer's uniform spots my Ipswich kit and exclaims "Ipswich Town! My grandfather played for Ipswich town!".

I asked who his grandfather was and he assured me it was long ago and that I would not know him.

Still, pretty cool that a member of the Empire had a grandfather play for Ipswich.

Sounds like you met Finidis grandkid.
ITFC overseas on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 2282 viewsNthsuffolkblue

ITFC overseas on 16:12 - Aug 6 by IpswichChris

I trust you insisted and found out who he was. Whether you remembered him or not, finding out who he actually was would be pretty interesting.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ITFC overseas on 22:21 - Aug 6 with 2207 viewsfloridablue

ITFC overseas on 22:00 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I trust you insisted and found out who he was. Whether you remembered him or not, finding out who he actually was would be pretty interesting.

I'm only a couple of miles away from Disney Florida and would be interested to know. I've only come across a couple of Town fans in the years I've lived here and one was the lovely wife andfamily of an ex board member who mailed me a Town shirt for helping out at their vacation home.
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC overseas on 22:33 - Aug 6 with 2176 viewsMattinLondon

My mate Mark has just returned from holiday and he got talking to
Some other brits about football. Mark told someone he supported Ipswich. ‘Why Mark? Was the reply to which he said ‘Trevor’

I’ll get my coat.
ITFC overseas on 23:52 - Aug 6 with 2054 viewsIpswichChris

ITFC overseas on 22:00 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I did try a bit, but he didn't seem keen to tell me, so I relented. This gentleman was older, in his 60s at least. If his grandfather played for Town, it must have been ages ago.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 23:53]
ITFC overseas on 23:54 - Aug 6 with 2043 viewsIpswichChris

ITFC overseas on 22:21 - Aug 6 by floridablue

I'm only a couple of miles away from Disney Florida and would be interested to know. I've only come across a couple of Town fans in the years I've lived here and one was the lovely wife andfamily of an ex board member who mailed me a Town shirt for helping out at their vacation home.

It was 2016 when I was there last. He was at the Hollywood Studios park - perhaps he is still there?
ITFC overseas on 00:01 - Aug 7 with 2032 viewsIpswichChris

Heres the photo, if anyone is interested.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 0:02]
ITFC overseas on 02:27 - Aug 7 with 1969 viewsBluespeed225

ITFC overseas on 18:06 - Aug 6 by Pendejo

Cab driver in Las Vegas in 81, usual where you from question followed by him telling us of his years at Bentwaters and going to watch soccer with the boys from the base.

i think the Bentwaters thing is common over there! A doorman in NY got talking to me , he knew David Johnson (MK 2), named pubs, landmarks in Town, etc.
ITFC overseas on 08:12 - Aug 7 with 1698 viewsWD19

ITFC overseas on 00:01 - Aug 7 by IpswichChris

Heres the photo, if anyone is interested.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 0:02]

Isn’t that borderline child abuse......making a small child, who is clearly unhappy, accompany you whilst you....wear a replica football shirt in public.
ITFC overseas on 09:08 - Aug 7 with 1604 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC overseas on 08:12 - Aug 7 by WD19

Isn’t that borderline child abuse......making a small child, who is clearly unhappy, accompany you whilst you....wear a replica football shirt in public.

Was talking to a musician at music festival in Kentucky, he asked which part of England we were from. He had fond memories of playing solo at Steamboat Tavern 30+ years ago. There were a few of us talking and another guy, from Sweden, also said he had played there.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024