Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players 16:10 - Aug 6 with 1192 viewsRadlett_blue

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/06/bristol-city-write-to-clubs-to-
An excellent idea which should be copied by all clubs. The referee can stop the game if there has been a head injury, although even this protocol can be abused. Most injuries do NOT require immediate treatment.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:28 - Aug 6 with 1099 viewsfactual_blue

I can see this lasting until an opposing team don't do kick it out when a Bristol player is injured and a goal results.

(Although you are right - in principle it's a good idea).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:35 - Aug 6 with 1052 viewsEastTownBlue

That has been the advice given to teams for years.

The expectation from players and supporters is that if a player is down the ball should be kicked out of play - provided they are not in possession at the time.
Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:36 - Aug 6 with 1044 viewsPhilTWTD

Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:28 - Aug 6 by factual_blue

I can see this lasting until an opposing team don't do kick it out when a Bristol player is injured and a goal results.

(Although you are right - in principle it's a good idea).

Which is now bound to happen on Saturday.
Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:37 - Aug 6 with 1034 viewsOldsmoker

Some players do try it on by feigning injury to try and stop an attack.
What grinds my gears is when the star forward, the one who "bends it like Beckham", gets hacked in front of goal and has to go to the sidelines because the trainer came on. No-one to take the free-kick and the attacking team is a man down so the defending team get away with it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:42 - Aug 6 with 991 viewsfactual_blue

Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:36 - Aug 6 by PhilTWTD

Which is now bound to happen on Saturday.

It's written in the stars, isn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bristol City not to kick the ball out for injured players on 16:49 - Aug 6 with 962 viewsFifeITFC

Be interesting how long Bristol stay true to their word in not kicking it out for one of their players or go mental when an opposition don't do it.

My bet it will be before October.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024