Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. 16:55 - Aug 6 with 24136 viewshomer_123

Not surprising I guess.

Anyone think their stance might change as we veer towards Oct?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 16:56 - Aug 6 with 6525 viewswkj

Lord knows, in a way it is understandable that they wont, seems as they're not the instigators of the withdrawal.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 16:58 - Aug 6 with 6516 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 16:56 - Aug 6 by wkj

Lord knows, in a way it is understandable that they wont, seems as they're not the instigators of the withdrawal.

It would be odd to see them go back to the table at this stage. Just wondering if the 'threat' of no deal might see them waver.

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 6506 viewsmidastouch

I'm not sure pal but I think the Tories should of opted for Roy Hodgson instead of Boris Johnson as Roy has a fantastic record of leaving Europe swiftly.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:00 - Aug 6 with 6499 viewswkj

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 16:58 - Aug 6 by homer_123

It would be odd to see them go back to the table at this stage. Just wondering if the 'threat' of no deal might see them waver.

If there was a workable majority in parliament I would imagine they would be more willing, but I expect they are planning on another deadline extension

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:02 - Aug 6 with 6478 viewsblueislander

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 16:58 - Aug 6 by homer_123

As the only thing our government has said is that the back stop has to go, and this is non-negotiable for the EU there is little point in talking. There seem to be no other proposals being put forward by the UK.
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:10 - Aug 6 with 6426 viewschicoazul

I bet it won't.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 with 6415 viewsEwan_Oozami

Nope, Cummings' plan is to convince the EU that the UK is ready for a no-deal, thus harming the EU more than the UK - unfortunately what Cummings hasn't realised is the EU think this bunch of herberts in Government are a complete shower, and don't really take anything they say seriously, even if they won't say so publicly - the UK will blink first and claim it's all someone else's fault whatever happens.

That's why I think the eyewatering amounts of money the UK is spending trying to prepare for no-deal will ultimately be wasted I reckon.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 17:16]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 with 6406 viewsHerbivore

There's nothing to negotiate. The UK has said that the backstop has to go entirely, but isn't putting forward any alternative plan. That leaves literally nothing to negotiate. Until we come up with a plan, which won't happen as the plan seems to be to just blame remainers and furreners, there really isn't anything the two sides can attempt to negotiate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:14 - Aug 6 with 6396 viewsSteve_M

What basis are we offering to negotiate with them on? What end goal is the government aiming for?* The ERG position is still basically "tear up your own rules for our benefit".

*No deal is not an end point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:30 - Aug 6 with 6317 viewslinhdi

They're not refusing at all. They have, though, said they won't give way on certain key issues. If we went back and offered a Norway-style relationship for 3-5 years to give us a chance of working out how to disengage more fully, they'd start talks rightaway.
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:35 - Aug 6 with 6280 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:00 - Aug 6 by wkj

If there was a workable majority in parliament I would imagine they would be more willing, but I expect they are planning on another deadline extension

I think it more likely they will come to a point where they say what is the point of the extensions? We keep getting them, going back in for another one and make no progress before simply asking for another one.

I suspect any further extension will be on the basis we guarantee a second referendum, a general election or to accept the deal on the table. The last option can't get a majority in parliament and the other two would need one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 6228 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:30 - Aug 6 by linhdi

They're not refusing at all. They have, though, said they won't give way on certain key issues. If we went back and offered a Norway-style relationship for 3-5 years to give us a chance of working out how to disengage more fully, they'd start talks rightaway.

Suspect you are right but our position appears to be No deal or talk....

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:56 - Aug 6 with 6215 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

There's nothing to negotiate. The UK has said that the backstop has to go entirely, but isn't putting forward any alternative plan. That leaves literally nothing to negotiate. Until we come up with a plan, which won't happen as the plan seems to be to just blame remainers and furreners, there really isn't anything the two sides can attempt to negotiate.

Yep.

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:56 - Aug 6 with 6216 viewsHerbivore

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:55 - Aug 6 by homer_123

Talk about what though? The issues are the same as they've been all along and we're not offering any plan to address those issues.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:57 - Aug 6 with 6214 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:14 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

What basis are we offering to negotiate with them on? What end goal is the government aiming for?* The ERG position is still basically "tear up your own rules for our benefit".

*No deal is not an end point.

Our position appears simply to be...look we are planning for No deal so youd better talk.

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:57 - Aug 6 with 6212 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:55 - Aug 6 by homer_123

Boris' position in the media.

However, they know as well as we do our Parliament will not allow no deal and that Johnson's word is about as good as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:00 - Aug 6 with 6201 viewsSteve_M

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:57 - Aug 6 by homer_123

Our position appears simply to be...look we are planning for No deal so youd better talk.

Except it's largely superficial stuff which can only run for a short period of time - e.g. buying up lamb and freezing it - the EU has been planning for no deal for rather longer. The UK effort seems purely for domestic consumption.

The UK still seems to have failed to grasp the its economic strength relative to the EU, let alone to the USA, India, China et al.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 18:00]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:07 - Aug 6 with 6167 viewsfactual_blue

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Nope, Cummings' plan is to convince the EU that the UK is ready for a no-deal, thus harming the EU more than the UK - unfortunately what Cummings hasn't realised is the EU think this bunch of herberts in Government are a complete shower, and don't really take anything they say seriously, even if they won't say so publicly - the UK will blink first and claim it's all someone else's fault whatever happens.

That's why I think the eyewatering amounts of money the UK is spending trying to prepare for no-deal will ultimately be wasted I reckon.

cummings is an utter berk and will soon be shut out by the Civil Service.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:08 - Aug 6 with 6153 viewsBlueBadger

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:57 - Aug 6 by homer_123

I rather fear that the negotiating 'tactic' of 'give us what we want or we'll f*ck ourselves into the ground' may not be the sturdiest of positions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:12 - Aug 6 with 6135 viewsBlueBadger

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Ewan_Oozami

It's a ridiculously stupid strategy when you take into account the fact that it'll f*ck us a lot harder than it will anyone in the EU. Even Ireland.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:22 - Aug 6 with 6107 viewsjaykay

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

we have a fag packet full of negotiations, which will be done in a afternoon.
oh as we were told in here ,you keep your cards close to your chest before negotiations start. lol

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:24 - Aug 6 with 6093 viewseireblue

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:12 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

It's a ridiculously stupid strategy when you take into account the fact that it'll f*ck us a lot harder than it will anyone in the EU. Even Ireland.

Is the UK still holding its cards close to its chest?
So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:35 - Aug 6 with 6054 viewsgiant_stow

The only answer is to blockade France with our wonderful navy while threatening to invading Holland.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:41 - Aug 6 with 6027 viewshomer_123

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 17:56 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Talk about what though? The issues are the same as they've been all along and we're not offering any plan to address those issues.

That's my point Herbs. We are simply saying 'talk' and offering no substance ergo no wonder the EU are not inclined to negotiate
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 19:22]

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:44 - Aug 6 with 6006 viewsmanchego

So....the EU are refusing to renegotiate. on 18:07 - Aug 6 by factual_blue

cummings is an utter berk and will soon be shut out by the Civil Service.

Ironically he is an unelected bureaucrat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024