Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip 18:32 - Aug 6 with 4402 viewsGrief

I am generally rubbish at Fantasy, i do it every year and watch my team every week, though i am usually beaten by people who give up in september and let their side ride.

i would love some top player tips, anyone got one for this season?
Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 18:34 - Aug 6 with 4385 viewsTractorCam

Pick penalty takers, VAR could win you a fantasy league!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 18:39 - Aug 6 with 4362 viewsgiant_stow

Too early for meaningful top tips - the single best thing you could do is cheat and follow the advice of https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ like every other sod seems to!

I'm not a top player but have come in the top 1000 one year - my tip is to try and give a player 3 matches before getting shot of him.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 18:40]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 4338 viewsjudespiveyg

I'm okay and tend to do well in small leagues (not going to pretend I'm a genius)
There are a few obvious tips such as don't go for good players but ones who'll score the most points (e.g. don't go near players like Kante or Matic)
I'd never spend big on keeper or defense, tending to look to the mid table sides who don't concede much, for example Mat Ryan of Brighton was my keeper all of last season.
Full backs are a better bet to score more points than centre backs.
Pick players who will play every week, so be careful with City midfielders or attackers.
I'd avoid trying to find value with strikers, as the highest point scorers, it's a much better bet to pick Kane or Aguero than someone a bit cheaper like Wilson who may or may not consistently score goals.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 19:27 - Aug 6 with 4259 viewsSitfcB

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 18:34 - Aug 6 by TractorCam

Who are the penalty takers?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 19:34 - Aug 6 with 4241 viewsOldsmoker

Had my best points total last season on Telegraph Fantasy Football.
I chose 4-5-1 as a formation.
Seems there are a lot of players designated as midfielders who are goalscorers eg Salah, Sterling.
My goaly+defense was Liverpool players + Walker from Man C.

** Not all FF are the same. The telegraph include FA cup games too so I was f*cked when 'pool got KO'd in rd 3.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 19:36 - Aug 6 with 4240 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If there is a club where their reserve keeper is likely to play for some reason and, especially if they have a decent defence, they are often good value. If there is a young defender who has played pre-season they are often good value. Looking at most picked often gives a clue.

A flair player from one of the promoted sides can often be good value but with Villa spending so much it will be difficult to see who they will definitely play. Because of Grealish's reputation I don't expect he is very cheap.

Remembering to star players on form and switch them, take note of whether an injury is short or long term and switch early if it is likely to be long term. Set up teams for different match days and adjust them according to team news.

I gave up some time ago because you could spend so long on it but it was a way to keep interest in the Premier League.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 20:13 - Aug 6 with 4138 viewsSuperblue95

Splash out on players who are listed as midfielders on the game but often play up front

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 10:07 - Aug 7 with 3859 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pick Full backs. Often far more effective than central defenders.

Pulisic and Barkley as Chelsea options. they have limited player sand these two have been constants through pre season

As already said-Penalty takers. Not the Palace guy Luka long surname bloke as Zaha is going and they wont win penalties anymore.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 11:00 - Aug 7 with 3797 viewsJohnny_Boy

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 19:27 - Aug 6 by SitfcB

Who are the penalty takers?

Awfully sorry to link to The S*n, but there's a pretty comprehensive list of all the set-piece takers in the Premiership this season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/dream-team/fantasy-football/6845782/fantasy-football-ti
Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 11:04 - Aug 7 with 3780 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 18:34 - Aug 6 by TractorCam

Few obvious ones - Salah, Sterling, Kane, Robertson and Trent. You ain't winning your league unless you have at least three of the above.

Look for new signings who will be cheaper.

Wilson always bangs, Maddison will bang, Milelovic will score at least 5 for Palace.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 3733 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 11:04 - Aug 7 by BiGDonnie

Few obvious ones - Salah, Sterling, Kane, Robertson and Trent. You ain't winning your league unless you have at least three of the above.

Look for new signings who will be cheaper.

Wilson always bangs, Maddison will bang, Milelovic will score at least 5 for Palace.

I don't think he will score at least 5 for palace. If Zaha leaves he will be taking far less penalties as they wont get many.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 3724 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:08 - Aug 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don't think he will score at least 5 for palace. If Zaha leaves he will be taking far less penalties as they wont get many.

Good point, I don't think he'll leave though. Arsenal won't have the cash and Spurs going for Coutinho.

COYBs

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:13 - Aug 7 with 3718 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:14 - Aug 7 with 3713 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:10 - Aug 7 by BiGDonnie

Good point, I don't think he'll leave though. Arsenal won't have the cash and Spurs going for Coutinho.

He’s going to Everton

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:30 - Aug 7 with 3686 viewsBiGDonnie

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:14 - Aug 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s going to Everton

They could finally do something this season, they've bought well and if they get Zaha Id say they'll finish above Arsenal at least.

COYBs

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:34 - Aug 7 with 3677 viewsBlueBlood90

What league do you use? Premier League, Sun etc?

I use Premierleague.com.

Prices have gone up quite a lot for all the players who did well last season (Ryan Fraser, Sadio Mane etc).

Particularly the Liverpool defenders get a hell of a lot of points through assists and clean sheets, so I'd sacrifice a star studded attack and add a couple of those in.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 3673 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:34 - Aug 7 by BlueBlood90

What league do you use? Premier League, Sun etc?

I use Premierleague.com.

Prices have gone up quite a lot for all the players who did well last season (Ryan Fraser, Sadio Mane etc).

Particularly the Liverpool defenders get a hell of a lot of points through assists and clean sheets, so I'd sacrifice a star studded attack and add a couple of those in.

On the FPL site you should always spend big on defenders and goalie - they get far more points £ for point than anyone else given a clean sheet is as good as a goal for a striker

It’s no coincidence that when you look at the top teams they always have expensive defenders

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:39 - Aug 7 with 3666 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another good value is players who have transferred after the league was set up - i.e. they were not guaranteed to play at the club they were at but the new club they are likely to be a key player and do well. They are often good value.

Again, check the "most picked" option and compare to which category they fit into. Mix those who are likely to be top point scorers (the difficulty is spotting potential above simply those who did it last season) with those who are good value.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 12:46 - Aug 7 with 3654 viewsSE1blue

Always look ahead. See who the players you’re considering buying are playing against over the next 3-5 games. Don’t be afraid to lose some points making transfers (-4 or -8 points) in order to get players who have been scoring very well and will do so for a number of games in a row. Bloke who won the league I was in last year regularly ‘lost points’ before games but would make at least +15 points (effectively) on who he got in.

Have a subs bench of players who do actually get a game even if for a very average/poor team...not just a bunch of £4m fellas you’ve never heard of...i had Quaner a while back and then he came to Town lol. When there are injuries or European games or moments when a player just seems to get rested for no reason (who you’ve captained!!!!) you’ll need subs who actually get game time.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 14:16 - Aug 7 with 3527 viewsMuswellblue

In case anyone fancies it my friend runs a very good league, last year I finished third and won £150, whilst my Dad scooped £25 for manager of the month. Info can be found below:

Dear Fantasy Players,

We return!

I have good news, the new season has returned so it’s time to launch the Best League Ever 2019/20!

We had 114 players enter the league last season, and this year we want to get bigger and better.

Entry and referrals

Entry remains at £15, and players will be rewarded £5 for their referrals, a referral simply counts as someone that didn’t play in the league last year, referred by you.

If you have a referral, please still send me £15 for your own entry (don’t send me £10), and I will refund you £5 once your referral has entered the league — Make sure your referral tells me they have come through you.

New Changes

This year we will see a change in distribution for the cash prizes, with the overall top 10 players being payed out (last year it was 5).

Finishing in the top 10 of a league over 100 people is tough going, so I believe this is the right thing to do.

A second change I am implementing is on referrals.

Last year we ran a referral competition where the person who referred the most players played for free, but this year I am scrapping that, any play that finds 4 referrals play for free!

Do you know 4 people that will want to join? If you do, I will refund you your whole £15 entry, simple as that.

The Adam Rubach Cup

The Adam Rubach Cup replaces the Eddy Grainge Cup of last season, when this will commence is TBC at this stage until we know final numbers.

Cash Prizes

Cash prizes will be distributed this year for the top 10 players in the overall rankings, for each manager of the month winner, and for the winner and runner up of the Adam Rubach Cup.

As soon as the deadline passes and final numbers have been counted, I will then be able to announce exactly how every cash prize will be allocated. Can we beat last years prize pot which was over £1300?

How to pay

Please send your £15 entry fee to Luke de Pledge, Account Number 12117978, Sort Code 60-10-33.

Please make sure you put your name as the reference when sending the money — I have no idea who you are otherwise and it makes life very difficult!

Once you have sent me the money, email me, and I will send you the code to join the league.

That’s it for now

That’s it for now, I would love to get numbers over 114 and cannot do that without your help — Get yourself £5 back, or find 4 people and you play for free!

Thank you,

Luke
Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 15:17 - Aug 7 with 3473 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Fornals of West Ham. Starting him on the bench for GW1 as they're against City but has a very favourable run of fixtures following that
Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 15:37 - Aug 7 with 3438 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 15:17 - Aug 7 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Fornals of West Ham. Starting him on the bench for GW1 as they're against City but has a very favourable run of fixtures following that

Have got Haller in my team for the same reason

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 15:47 - Aug 7 with 3422 viewsElephantintheRoom

Pick wing backs in defence. Rose and Walker-Peters are certain starters - add in two more if 4-4-2 and think about a 5 man defence, all of whom are wing backs. Last years success are expensive, previous successes a bit cheaper - eg Alonso is now a bit of a steal in defence. Midfielders who take corners, penalties and free kicks are gold dust too. Don't think you have to have Kane and Abamathingy either - and pick a goalie who either plays for Liverpool or Man City.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone with a quality Premier Fantasy player tip on 16:22 - Aug 7 with 3386 viewsvilanovablue

It might be the first time to spend properly big on defence and consider 4 at the back. Buying 3 or 4 Liverpool defenders plus there keeper is a legitimate option.

You probably have to have Sterling this season. Pepe, Moise Kean and Haller are all good value.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024