Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... 09:10 - Aug 7 with 12297 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:26 - Aug 7 with 3574 viewsBlue_Order

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:04 - Aug 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It really is

Nothing can be worse than “...’s on fire”

Nothing at all.
‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:33 - Aug 7 with 3552 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:26 - Aug 7 by Blue_Order

Nothing at all.

Haven’t you read the OP?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:34 - Aug 7 with 3542 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:26 - Aug 7 by Blue_Order

Nothing at all.

Seconded

Up the Blue Action

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:37 - Aug 7 with 3544 viewsBloots

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 09:31 - Aug 7 by Reuser_is_God

Don’t you sit in the Alf Ramsey stand? Leave the singing to us proper fans.

....sit as far away from the away fans as possible, waving flags and singing songs with naughty words in them.

#ultras

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:39 - Aug 7 with 3525 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:37 - Aug 7 by Bloots

....sit as far away from the away fans as possible, waving flags and singing songs with naughty words in them.

#ultras

Strong Churchmans presence on this thread.

Nice to see.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:48 - Aug 7 with 3500 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:37 - Aug 7 by Bloots

#ultras

Oooh, you’re hard.

Evans out

Come on then. (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 3497 viewsBloots

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:48 - Aug 7 by Reuser_is_God

Oooh, you’re hard.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 3492 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:39 - Aug 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nice to see.

I’m glad you still call it Churchmans, apologies for referring to it as Alf Ramsey stand in my earlier post.

It always will be Churchmans.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:50 - Aug 7 with 3488 viewsReuser_is_God

Downvoted by Dolly, there’s a shock.

Evans out

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:52 - Aug 7 with 3481 viewsPJH

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:39 - Aug 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nice to see.

I stood in Churchmans between 1973 and 1980, does that count?

(I did not literally stand in there for 7 years).
Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:57 - Aug 7 with 3462 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:52 - Aug 7 by PJH

I stood in Churchmans between 1973 and 1980, does that count?

(I did not literally stand in there for 7 years).

Well thank you for ruining my "your legs must be sore" joke before it even got started.

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 10:58 - Aug 7 with 3462 viewsJohnny_Boy

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 09:53 - Aug 7 by SamWhiteUK

A football chant not being 100% accurate? Never

And there was me thinking that Finidi George actually does drive around in a big tractor.
Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:59 - Aug 7 with 3461 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah, proper fans..... on 10:49 - Aug 7 by Reuser_is_God

I’m glad you still call it Churchmans, apologies for referring to it as Alf Ramsey stand in my earlier post.

It always will be Churchmans.

Sir Alf Ramsey stand is a bit long for my liking.

When I went to get tickets in there for my mates the poor lady behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about.

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 11:04 - Aug 7 with 3454 viewsJohnny_Boy

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 09:13 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

That's terrible.

I like it when football fans show zero imagination for chants & just rework an even worse chant from another club.

Remember when Keane was here & the Section Six brigade were passionately trying to introduce songs that Old Trafford had been using for years? Shameful.
‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 12:22 - Aug 7 with 3411 viewsBlueBlood90

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 11:04 - Aug 7 by Johnny_Boy

I like it when football fans show zero imagination for chants & just rework an even worse chant from another club.

Remember when Keane was here & the Section Six brigade were passionately trying to introduce songs that Old Trafford had been using for years? Shameful.

The unoriginal chants that seem to be used by EVERY football team's fans drives me mad. I cannot stand that boring Allez chant that the bin dippers (Liverpool) robbed off Porto.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 13:48 - Aug 7 with 3391 viewsBlackboots

Ain’t nobody
like James Norwood
Makes me happy
Makes me feel this way

Rufus and Chaka Khan, ain’t nobody. Not original as Arsenal used to sing it about koscielny and I heard Newcastle sing it about Shelvey but not as tired as most of the other songs that almost every club sing.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 3364 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 09:12 - Aug 7 by BlueBadger

No.

Better than the that Romford song doing the rounds tbf.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 7 with 3363 viewscarlisleaway

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 09:31 - Aug 7 by Reuser_is_God

Don’t you sit in the Alf Ramsey stand? Leave the singing to us proper fans.

When are the proper fans going to come out with a song of there own, rather then rely on other clubs chants.....even those cretins up the road have a variety of songs.
Co-Op lower have it !!!!
Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:26 - Aug 7 with 3351 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 7 by carlisleaway

When are the proper fans going to come out with a song of there own, rather then rely on other clubs chants.....even those cretins up the road have a variety of songs.
Co-Op lower have it !!!!

Something I have stated for ages.

'Norwood's On Fire' nicked from Freed From Desire which was nicked by other clubs
'Bontcho' nicked from No Limits which was nicked from other clubs
'Hey Daryl Murphy' nicked from Hey Baby which was nicked from other clubs

It's really not hard to make a players name fit a catchy 90's / 00's pop / rock / dance song chorus that hasn't already been sung by a hundred other clubs.

In a matter of 10 seconds - No Good / Prodigy

You can keep Messi
And we don't want Ronny
Don't need no-one
Got Norwood for free

It's crap. But it's original and took seconds. With some actual thought across hundreds of Town fans, can we really not think of something short, catchy and original?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 3344 viewsSpruceMoose

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:26 - Aug 7 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Something I have stated for ages.

'Norwood's On Fire' nicked from Freed From Desire which was nicked by other clubs
'Bontcho' nicked from No Limits which was nicked from other clubs
'Hey Daryl Murphy' nicked from Hey Baby which was nicked from other clubs

It's really not hard to make a players name fit a catchy 90's / 00's pop / rock / dance song chorus that hasn't already been sung by a hundred other clubs.

In a matter of 10 seconds - No Good / Prodigy

You can keep Messi
And we don't want Ronny
Don't need no-one
Got Norwood for free

It's crap. But it's original and took seconds. With some actual thought across hundreds of Town fans, can we really not think of something short, catchy and original?

You're right.

It is crap.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:47 - Aug 7 with 3336 viewsportmantales

Embarrassing. (n/t) on 14:20 - Aug 7 by carlisleaway

Co-Op lower have it !!!!

I cringe every time I hear 'if you dont jump you're Norwich scum ole ole',

Norwich have been singing that to us for years and it makes me shudder to think we can't come up with anything else than recycling their old rubbish!

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 15:39 - Aug 7 with 3302 viewstextbackup

For Holy I’ve been thinking the Pablo song...

holy holy holy holy
Holy holy....

Simple enough for even the drippiest of drips

Or, my fav

Holys cock is longer than my arm, my arm
Holys cock is like a rock
So big he tucks it in his sock
Tomas holy the Ipswich number 1....
La la la la la la

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 15:40 - Aug 7 with 3299 viewsFenboyBlue

There must be a chant somewhere in the Beatles "Nor(wegian) Wood". I haven't thought of it yet, just planting seeds.
‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 15:40 - Aug 7 with 3298 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 15:39 - Aug 7 by textbackup

For Holy I’ve been thinking the Pablo song...

holy holy holy holy
Holy holy....

Simple enough for even the drippiest of drips

Or, my fav

Holys cock is like a rock
So big he tucks it in his sock
Tomas holy the Ipswich number 1....
La la la la la la

I think the second one could catch on in the family sections.

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 15:45 - Aug 7 with 3295 viewsPJH

‘Norwoods on fire’ is no longer a thing folks.... on 15:40 - Aug 7 by FenboyBlue

There must be a chant somewhere in the Beatles "Nor(wegian) Wood". I haven't thought of it yet, just planting seeds.

'I sat on the penalty spot
biding my time'

does not really work.

edit-Norwegian Wood the best track on their best album in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 15:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024