Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Marcus Evans 12:05 - Aug 7 with 10317 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 5098 viewsMrTown

I would second that, and I would give 10 uppies if i could.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:13 - Aug 7 with 5043 viewsTractorCam

Well said.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:18 - Aug 7 with 5005 viewsNotMarcusEvans

No, I don't read this board, I'm afraid. And no need to thank me.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 4954 viewshomer_123

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:18 - Aug 7 by NotMarcusEvans

No, I don't read this board, I'm afraid. And no need to thank me.

Well, at the very least he has, literally, a vested interest but I believe you are right, it's more than that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:04 - Aug 7 with 4821 viewsActionMan

I am afraid you are massively wrong.

He should be accountable for his bad decisions. His policies led to the third division and the 9 million pound loss he's now having to make up for, not the "numbskulls". His policies and underfunding led to years of stagnation in the second tier, not the "numbskulls" - if you think that he's not behind the decline and is free from criticism just because he has to prop up his failing business, failing due to his poor decisions, leadership, often chaotic behind the scenes situation (and thats not changed by the way just because we beat Burton Albion) financially then you are wrong.

The excuses are running out from the apologists - I am sure you might be happy watching dire football in this league, or the league below God-forbid, but I personally want to see some positive change, and that doesn't mean breaking the bank, it means a leader who doesn't try to swap your first team Goalkeeper on loan for an injured second string striker from Millwall. That's why Evans is a failure here.

You claim the fans who are rightly challenging bad decisions are divisive but the Evans camp are constantly attacking everyone who dares criticize him. Fans are allowed to criticize the owner, he's been appalling, and simply propping up the club isn't good enough. Ipswich should NEVER have been in the third division. It's entirely his doing.

Prove me wrong.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 13:05]
Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:33 - Aug 7 with 4744 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:04 - Aug 7 by ActionMan

He should be accountable for his bad decisions. His policies led to the third division and the 9 million pound loss he's now having to make up for, not the "numbskulls". His policies and underfunding led to years of stagnation in the second tier, not the "numbskulls" - if you think that he's not behind the decline and is free from criticism just because he has to prop up his failing business, failing due to his poor decisions, leadership, often chaotic behind the scenes situation (and thats not changed by the way just because we beat Burton Albion) financially then you are wrong.

The excuses are running out from the apologists - I am sure you might be happy watching dire football in this league, or the league below God-forbid, but I personally want to see some positive change, and that doesn't mean breaking the bank, it means a leader who doesn't try to swap your first team Goalkeeper on loan for an injured second string striker from Millwall. That's why Evans is a failure here.

You claim the fans who are rightly challenging bad decisions are divisive but the Evans camp are constantly attacking everyone who dares criticize him. Fans are allowed to criticize the owner, he's been appalling, and simply propping up the club isn't good enough. Ipswich should NEVER have been in the third division. It's entirely his doing.

Prove me wrong.

[content removed at owner's request]

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:37 - Aug 7 with 4713 viewsbraveblue

Do you actually swallow that statement and the list of excuses?

No wonder he has an easy time.

The whole piece is carefully worded to say nothing. Don’t expect the players quoted to be signed. Multi millions every year for the academy? Interest on debt? Training ground transferred for nominal sum? £5m profit on players last summer? Murphy sale on final day? MD appointments? Manager selection?

He is a disaster.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:40 - Aug 7 with 4700 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:37 - Aug 7 by braveblue

The whole piece is carefully worded to say nothing. Don’t expect the players quoted to be signed. Multi millions every year for the academy? Interest on debt? Training ground transferred for nominal sum? £5m profit on players last summer? Murphy sale on final day? MD appointments? Manager selection?

He is a disaster.

Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 4643 viewsbraveblue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:40 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

Well thought out response.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:05 - Aug 7 with 4619 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:58 - Aug 7 by braveblue

Well thought out response.

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:06 - Aug 7 with 4610 viewsfooters

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:05 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

You're forgetting that the only money he really puts in is for transfer fees. All the other stuff just pays for itself.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:26 - Aug 7 with 4539 viewsNaylorsboots

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:37 - Aug 7 by braveblue

He is a disaster.

Completely agree. Everyone puts on their rose tinted glasses and makes out its all ok again. I have no sympathy for Evans. We have a 9 million deficit because of his poor decisions in the championship. Thats why we are where we are. Listening to his waffle if we did get up we still couldnt compete with the likes of Wigan, Millwall, Barnsley etc in signing players. How far we have fallen on his watch.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:27 - Aug 7 with 4527 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:26 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

Completely agree. Everyone puts on their rose tinted glasses and makes out its all ok again. I have no sympathy for Evans. We have a 9 million deficit because of his poor decisions in the championship. Thats why we are where we are. Listening to his waffle if we did get up we still couldnt compete with the likes of Wigan, Millwall, Barnsley etc in signing players. How far we have fallen on his watch.

How quickly folk forget the administration years.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 4522 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:06 - Aug 7 by footers

You're forgetting that the only money he really puts in is for transfer fees. All the other stuff just pays for itself.

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 4518 viewsNaylorsboots

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:27 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

How quickly folk forget the administration years.

How quickly l forget about your waffle.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:31 - Aug 7 with 4502 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:29 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

How quickly l forget about your waffle.

How quickly you forget you're supposed to be pretending you're not a previously banned poster...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:36 - Aug 7 with 4467 viewsNaylorsboots

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:31 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

How quickly you forget you're supposed to be pretending you're not a previously banned poster...

Thats your opinion. Ive never been banned. Because lve never been on here before. But how you get away with not being banned amazes me. You antagonise more people on here than anybody. You must have something on the administers of this site.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:37 - Aug 7 with 4454 viewsfooters

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:36 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

Thats your opinion. Ive never been banned. Because lve never been on here before. But how you get away with not being banned amazes me. You antagonise more people on here than anybody. You must have something on the administers of this site.

Whatever you say, Mullysplace.

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:40 - Aug 7 with 4430 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:36 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

I bet I could guess your old identity in three guesses.

Withnail
Mullyspace
Arsey

Any of those? All posters with an axe to grind against me. I mean, you've made it too obvious.

A 'new' poster, with knowledge about forum history, and within your first few posts you were having a pop. If you're going to sneak back in under Phil and Gav's nose at least play it cool. I know it's pretty exciting mixing it up with the mighty Spruce, but don't blow your load too soon. Play the long game matey, be cool.

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:44 - Aug 7 with 4408 viewsNaylorsboots

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:40 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

I bet I could guess your old identity in three guesses.

Withnail
Mullyspace
Arsey

Any of those? All posters with an axe to grind against me. I mean, you've made it too obvious.

A 'new' poster, with knowledge about forum history, and within your first few posts you were having a pop. If you're going to sneak back in under Phil and Gav's nose at least play it cool. I know it's pretty exciting mixing it up with the mighty Spruce, but don't blow your load too soon. Play the long game matey, be cool.

I totally dont get what you are on about. I genuinely have never been on here before. Ive been abroad for 8 years. I watched this site for a long time. Joined for the new season. Just dont like the tactics you and your mates employ. I see how you work. You generally are the trouble maker, but seem to get away with it. Now l am blocking you and your little school friends. So l dont have to lower my standards anymore
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:45 - Aug 7 with 4398 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:44 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

I totally dont get what you are on about. I genuinely have never been on here before. Ive been abroad for 8 years. I watched this site for a long time. Joined for the new season. Just dont like the tactics you and your mates employ. I see how you work. You generally are the trouble maker, but seem to get away with it. Now l am blocking you and your little school friends. So l dont have to lower my standards anymore

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:45 - Aug 7 with 4399 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't feel we have any entitlement to his money but there are two key factors for me:

1) The long term trend lines for the status of our club under his leadership is downwards with no end in sight. I am not talking about short term like the play offs and a potential promotion this season. The long term trend is downwards.

2) I do not understand not giving ourselves the best chance of going up this season with a little more investment. He says there are resources for 2-3 players but where are they? Lambert gave him his targets and judging by Lambert's comments, they weren't players he thought we would struggle to get. He said they would be permanent deals which suggests they are free agents. I will believe the bit about resources being available when we actually sign a striker minimum. He's left himself the get out clause of 'at prices we can live with'. Based on our history of offering undervalue for players i'm not confident.

Evans made some reasonable points but a lot of it is the same stuff we have heard before. Our club is on a downward trend, fact. If you want to kiss his arse for that then that's on you. Surely you can see that our policy is sell and replace with a cheaper player. Amazingly we've ended up getting relegated. Evans says he has an amount of money he puts in each year but we take almost every opportunity to sell and replace with a cheaper player. I really don't believe we invested the Mings money etc.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 16:57]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:49 - Aug 7 with 4383 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:04 - Aug 7 by ActionMan

Prove me wrong.

Which of his managerial decisions did you disagree with at the time?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:52 - Aug 7 with 4370 viewsfooters

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:44 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

You've never been on here before but seem to know everything about it.

It's not a great deception. I'd give it 1/10. See me after class.

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:52 - Aug 7 with 4366 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:26 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

I'll ask you the same question, which of his managerial decisions did you disagree with at the time?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024