Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evan's statement 14:20 - Aug 7 with 668 viewsWestcountryblue

Been fairly critical of Marcus recently regarding how/how much we sold key players for last season.

However, if he stays true to his statement, i think Paul Lambert has everything at his disposal to succeed this year. With those who are returning, realistically we are just a 1st choice RB and a striker short of squad that is capable of achieving promotion. With that said, regardless of how much Harrison wanted a move, i do question the logic of selling him given that we will have probably have to spend more to get in a similar quality of player than what we owed Rovers. Murphy would be my recommendation on a 1 year deal.

If this squad is going to be treated as a project, then hanging on to our key players will be essential. We shouldn't sell in League One as we're not going to get anywhere close to market value for our prized assets. Therefore, promotion at the first attempt is key, so getting those 2-3 players in, making a strong start and augmenting that in January with reinforcements will be key. PL should be judged with what he has at his disposal and being honestly truthful, he has an outstanding squad with the likes of Judge, Huws, Norwood, Bishop, Nolan, Downes, Skuse, Edwards who would walk into most lower end of the table Championship sides.

I really hope Marcus will follow through with his promise to spruce up PR, as it is a stadium with bags of character that just needs a bit of TLC.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 14:24]
Huge game this weekend on 14:37 - Aug 7 with 609 viewsBobbychase

If it wasn't already.

Win playing exciting football, in front of a big crowd, and it sets the tone for the rest of the autumn and answers a few questions. Lose and all the critics waiting to leap on Evans and Lambert will be energised.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Evan's statement on 15:01 - Aug 7 with 573 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree with all of that.

And PL has one of the strongest squads in the league, he needs to start embracing that and get on with his job.

If we get 2-3 additions, fantastic.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024