Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable 18:19 - Aug 7 with 4414 viewsTrequartista

A statement from Evans detailing everything we already knew as I predicted here
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? by Trequartista 4 Aug 2019 12:49
Evans will come out and talk about the ffp rules in League One and extra he has to put in to pay the wages - basically things we already know - and everyone will be pacified for another season till it all blows up again in about 12 months time.

and suddenly, incredibly, we have a forum post saying "Thank You Marcus Evans" with net 45 upvotes as we languish in Division Three spending less on fees than Stowmarket Town.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Unbelievable on 18:26 - Aug 7 with 3848 viewsBackToRussia

Agreed. It's like an abusive relationship where one small gesture makes up for a decade of sh1t.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Unbelievable on 18:29 - Aug 7 with 3842 viewsSuperblue95

You’re hardly some kind of divine oracle for predicting that Evans would come out with the stuff he said today, most of us could have done that.

However, I am also surprised how many people seem so excited that he came out and said absolutely nothing of note whatsoever. I really don’t get it personally

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Unbelievable on 18:30 - Aug 7 with 3835 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Unbelievable on 18:29 - Aug 7 by Superblue95

You’re hardly some kind of divine oracle for predicting that Evans would come out with the stuff he said today, most of us could have done that.

However, I am also surprised how many people seem so excited that he came out and said absolutely nothing of note whatsoever. I really don’t get it personally

It is Evans's fault that you find yourselves in this division as he has not invested sufficiently in the playing squad and has made questionable managerial appointments, disposing first of all of Magilton and appointing Roy Keane and Jewell.

He appointed two managers as they were big names but Keane was lucky at Sunderland with the set up he had there.
Unbelievable on 18:32 - Aug 7 with 3819 viewsBlueBadger

ITFC fans' ability to suck up any amount of guff in a presser is quite incredible really. I'm convinced its the only reason Roy kept his job and Lambert is still popular.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 18:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Unbelievable on 18:39 - Aug 7 with 3783 viewsWD19

Agree it details stuff we already knew.....

Which begs the question why a few people didn't 'get it' before he took the time to write it down again.

Better late than never though......
Unbelievable on 18:41 - Aug 7 with 3777 viewsSpruceMoose

While I don't disagree with you, this Stowmarket stuff that keeps getting rehashed is just dumb.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Unbelievable on 20:40 - Aug 7 with 3638 viewsTrequartista

Unbelievable on 18:41 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

While I don't disagree with you, this Stowmarket stuff that keeps getting rehashed is just dumb.

It is a bit dumb, we've probably spent more on Norwood's wages, but it's true and makes a good soundbite.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Unbelievable on 04:12 - Aug 8 with 3474 viewsmadmouse1959

Why is Evans not talking about how the football club has struggled in nearly all the time he has been at the club ? Can this "dictator" explain his lack of football knowledge that allows the better players to be sold instead of building a settled team around them ? Can he explain the total lack of any real engagement other than a nonsense statement now and again ? Remaining as remote as he does probably stops him feeling the same pain as the majority of his supporters. He tried employing Clegg and Milne to try and soothe the pain with a 5 year plan etc . Now he has to revert back to how poor the club. Why is Evans still at the club ?

shampoo dave

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable on 07:56 - Aug 8 with 3330 viewsTractorWood

Shock as reticent Ipswich fans are pacified by reheated chat. The reality is that we are stuck with each other and he has no interest in investing beyond the absolute minimum to limit his losses.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Unbelievable on 08:00 - Aug 8 with 3315 viewsBackToRussia

Unbelievable on 07:56 - Aug 8 by TractorWood

Shock as reticent Ipswich fans are pacified by reheated chat. The reality is that we are stuck with each other and he has no interest in investing beyond the absolute minimum to limit his losses.

That would be fine if he was looking for buyers, which he isn't.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Unbelievable on 09:00 - Aug 8 with 3255 viewsTractorWood

Unbelievable on 08:00 - Aug 8 by BackToRussia

We are one of the worst prospects to buy. Oceans of debt and don't own the ground (well the land).

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Unbelievable on 09:32 - Aug 8 with 3232 viewsBackToRussia

Unbelievable on 09:00 - Aug 8 by TractorWood

We are one of the worst prospects to buy. Oceans of debt and don't own the ground (well the land).

Evans will need to write off the debt if he is serious about selling. We've had enquiries, so clearly we're not too bad.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Unbelievable on 09:37 - Aug 8 with 3230 viewshaynes_toe1

Literally happens every time. No wonder Evans doesn't bother talking much. He's better off waiting till everyone wants rid of him, then come out and say some fluffy things knowing 90% of our fanbase will back-down and, this time, even get a thank-you post dedicated to him.
Unbelievable on 09:44 - Aug 8 with 3202 viewsDyland

How many people "seem so excited"? About ten maybe?!

I reckon there are no more than a couple of hundred Evans apologists across the entire ITFC fanbase. There are certainly far more vociferous "haters". The vast majority of sane fans think he's been awful for ITFC, but at the same time don't think he's somehow benefiting from his disastrous tenure, nor think there's a queue of buyers he's refusing to deal with. Pretty sure he'd sell like a shot if it made financial sense.

My big big gripe currently is fans of other clubs STILL talking about McCarthy and why did we let him go because (and I quote one of my more stupid pals) "he was keeping you up".

And that apparently was the main remit, which is really sh1te from Evans, mitigating circumstances notwithstanding. Don't we deserve a little bit better? Maybe not. We're still under a black star and the football gods are still angry. I pray, in my own fashion, we come back into the light starting this season.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Unbelievable on 10:00 - Aug 8 with 3166 viewsBarneycurley

Unbelievable on 09:00 - Aug 8 by TractorWood

No debt - just an IOU to MEG, it's all rosey

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Unbelievable on 10:15 - Aug 8 with 3136 viewsBloomBlue

Unbelievable on 10:00 - Aug 8 by Barneycurley

No debt - just an IOU to MEG, it's all rosey

But we do have a debt a yearly operating loss of over £9m and that doesn't change even if ME sells the club. That's what a buyer will look at, the fact they have to put in £9m+ every year just break even. That's why nobody has purchased the club off ME a yearly loss with the only assets being the players, the training ground and the scrap metal value of the stands at PR.
Unbelievable on 10:16 - Aug 8 with 3134 viewsBackToRussia

Unbelievable on 10:15 - Aug 8 by BloomBlue

But we do have a debt a yearly operating loss of over £9m and that doesn't change even if ME sells the club. That's what a buyer will look at, the fact they have to put in £9m+ every year just break even. That's why nobody has purchased the club off ME a yearly loss with the only assets being the players, the training ground and the scrap metal value of the stands at PR.

That's the same of many clubs at our level, or worse.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Unbelievable on 10:17 - Aug 8 with 3124 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Unbelievable on 10:15 - Aug 8 by BloomBlue

Yearly operating loss of over £9m?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Unbelievable on 10:54 - Aug 8 with 3064 viewslongtimefan

Unbelievable on 08:00 - Aug 8 by BackToRussia

Got any details to back that up?
Unbelievable on 15:15 - Aug 8 with 2931 viewsBackToRussia

Unbelievable on 10:54 - Aug 8 by longtimefan

Got any details to back that up?

He's not entered into negotiations with interested parties.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Unbelievable on 15:31 - Aug 8 with 2910 viewslongtimefan

Unbelievable on 15:15 - Aug 8 by BackToRussia

He's not entered into negotiations with interested parties.

Which interested parties? If you don't know who they are how can you know they were credible potential owners?
Unbelievable on 15:42 - Aug 8 with 2886 viewsKropotkin123

Unbelievable on 18:30 - Aug 7 by newcastlefan1984

It is Evans's fault that you find yourselves in this division as he has not invested sufficiently in the playing squad and has made questionable managerial appointments, disposing first of all of Magilton and appointing Roy Keane and Jewell.

He appointed two managers as they were big names but Keane was lucky at Sunderland with the set up he had there.

Yeah, we were wrong to get rid of Magilton. He really went on to prove what a talented manager he is.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Unbelievable on 15:44 - Aug 8 with 2877 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Unbelievable on 18:30 - Aug 7 by newcastlefan1984

Indeed. If only we had a good owner like Mike Ashley instead. Surely we would appreciate him then?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Unbelievable on 15:47 - Aug 8 with 2872 viewsKropotkin123

Unbelievable on 20:40 - Aug 7 by Trequartista

It is a bit dumb, we've probably spent more on Norwood's wages, but it's true and makes a good soundbite.

It really doesn't. It's a tedious sound bite which suggests a complete lack of understanding of income and expenditure. Along with other poorly defined arguments, it buries any legitimate point that may have surfaced in its place.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Unbelievable on 15:50 - Aug 8 with 2864 viewsFunge

Unbelievable on 09:44 - Aug 8 by Dyland

How many people "seem so excited"? About ten maybe?!

I reckon there are no more than a couple of hundred Evans apologists across the entire ITFC fanbase. There are certainly far more vociferous "haters". The vast majority of sane fans think he's been awful for ITFC, but at the same time don't think he's somehow benefiting from his disastrous tenure, nor think there's a queue of buyers he's refusing to deal with. Pretty sure he'd sell like a shot if it made financial sense.

My big big gripe currently is fans of other clubs STILL talking about McCarthy and why did we let him go because (and I quote one of my more stupid pals) "he was keeping you up".

And that apparently was the main remit, which is really sh1te from Evans, mitigating circumstances notwithstanding. Don't we deserve a little bit better? Maybe not. We're still under a black star and the football gods are still angry. I pray, in my own fashion, we come back into the light starting this season.

I like that last paragraph a lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024