Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How will the Evans era end? 14:41 - Aug 8 with 5324 viewsFrankfurtBlue

If Evans won't sell, and he is unwilling to inject more than the absolute minimum, ITFC will continue to lose competitive ground each season. The hope is that despite the competitive disadvantage Evans saddles his first team managers with, that the manager, his staff and the players can collectively outperform their peers. The odds are stacked against that over the longer term.

Evans won't invest in good people. He has shown that he not only has the capability to make costly mistakes, but to repeat them. He is out of depth in the football world, yet he will not appoint (an) experienced professional(s) to run the show for him, after 11 years of failure. Despite what he might want you to believe, relegation is a direct consequence of Evans' poor management of this club. His "5-point plan" of December 2016 was supposed to have the club compete at the upper end of the Championship, not League 1!

It is baffling to try to work out why he remains here, funding the deficit every season. My best guess is that he sees ITFC as some sort of challenge, from which he does not want to walk away as a complete loser. My hope is that if we do gain promotion back to the Championship this season, that he will view that as a minor success, and take the opportunity to sell the club. However, that is only a wish, but we need to be careful what we wish for, right? -:))

So to recap, he won't sell, he won't invest in it, he can't manage it, and he won't invest in good management either.

Where does it all end?

How will the Evans era end? on 14:45 - Aug 8 with 2675 viewsStokieBlue

With less moaning hopefully.

It's a new season, we've started well and have a good squad with some real promising young talent who when fit will be able to get experience. We could do with a few players but if money was spent on players in advanced positions it would mean less playing and development time for the youngsters which would mean a totally different meltdown on here.

We have a realistic chance of doing very well this season. The constant moaning isn't really helping this no matter how valid the points, it's just taking away from what has been a good start to the season and the hope that exists within the fans.

SB
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 14:46]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How will the Evans era end? on 14:49 - Aug 8 with 2643 viewsWD19

Jesus. How many different flavours of the same bullsh*t are we going to have to endure on here?

It will end when somebody else comes along who is willing to subsidise us. Worst that will happen in the meantime is that we will find a natural level commensurate with the income the club is able to generate.
Slingshot on 14:50 - Aug 8 with 2633 viewsBobbychase

We have to hope for the same slingshot effect Lambert had with the budgies. He took over without a close season to prepare as they sacked Gunn after their diastrous 7-1 loss to Colchester but still took them to two promotions.

We need promotion and the momentum that can come with it. Any talk of stabilising in L1 and allowing our kids to develop seems fanciful to me. The best ones will just get picked off next summer and we'll be back to square one.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

How will the Evans era end? on 14:51 - Aug 8 with 2621 viewsSpruceMoose

How will the Evans era end? on 14:49 - Aug 8 by WD19

Jesus. How many different flavours of the same bullsh*t are we going to have to endure on here?

It will end when somebody else comes along who is willing to subsidise us. Worst that will happen in the meantime is that we will find a natural level commensurate with the income the club is able to generate.

Sort thread by General mate. Gets rid of all the flouncey and argumentative Football posts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How will the Evans era end? on 14:51 - Aug 8 with 2627 viewsFrankfurtBlue

How will the Evans era end? on 14:45 - Aug 8 by StokieBlue

It's a new season, we've started well and have a good squad with some real promising young talent who when fit will be able to get experience. We could do with a few players but if money was spent on players in advanced positions it would mean less playing and development time for the youngsters which would mean a totally different meltdown on here.

We have a realistic chance of doing very well this season. The constant moaning isn't really helping this no matter how valid the points, it's just taking away from what has been a good start to the season and the hope that exists within the fans.

SB

Best you ignore it, if you don't like it, but I always thought that this was a football message board!
How will the Evans era end? on 14:51 - Aug 8 with 2628 viewsHeathlander

How will the Evans era end? on 14:45 - Aug 8 by StokieBlue

SB

We are playing Sunderland on Saturday in front of 20 odd thousand fans. We are competitive in the league we are playing in. We have a good chance of winning the game. The atmosphere will be bouncing.

I'm looking forward to it more than any other game for the last five years.
Well yes, but..... on 14:53 - Aug 8 with 2620 viewsBloots

How will the Evans era end? on 14:51 - Aug 8 by Heathlander

We are playing Sunderland on Saturday in front of 20 odd thousand fans. We are competitive in the league we are playing in. We have a good chance of winning the game. The atmosphere will be bouncing.

I'm looking forward to it more than any other game for the last five years.

....that's mainly because you've forgotten how crap we actually are.

I call it the "Danny Haynes Effect".

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

How will the Evans era end? on 14:55 - Aug 8 with 2607 viewsrosseden

So youre suggesting that Mick wasnt a good manager for a large portion of the time he was here, and that Lambert also isnt a good manager?

some of what you say has valid aspects, but much of it is just sh1te....

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Login to get fewer ads

How will the Evans era end? on 14:55 - Aug 8 with 2599 viewsStokieBlue

How will the Evans era end? on 14:51 - Aug 8 by FrankfurtBlue

Best you ignore it, if you don't like it, but I always thought that this was a football message board!

Or alternatively you could give the totally pointless moaning which has been said loads of times before a rest for the sake of the rest of the forum.

SB
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 14:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How will the Evans era end? on 14:59 - Aug 8 with 2577 viewsitfcjoe

Probably with us sat in the middle of L1, most likely not this year but with Evans here we are more likely to get stuck here at some point than anywhere else.

In an ideal world, Lambert does what he did at Norwich and after keeping us up in the PL ME hands the reigns over to a local billionaire who takes us from strength to strength

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How will the Evans era end? on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 2565 viewsJ2BLUE

My prediction is that we will end up a lower half league one side. I would imagine that is our natural break even level. We might have a few high points like the play offs and a possible good season this season but since Evans arrived our long term direction has been down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Slingshot on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 2565 viewsitfcjoe

Slingshot on 14:50 - Aug 8 by Bobbychase

We have to hope for the same slingshot effect Lambert had with the budgies. He took over without a close season to prepare as they sacked Gunn after their diastrous 7-1 loss to Colchester but still took them to two promotions.

We need promotion and the momentum that can come with it. Any talk of stabilising in L1 and allowing our kids to develop seems fanciful to me. The best ones will just get picked off next summer and we'll be back to square one.

Yep, football has changed so much in 10 years - any youngster who has proven they can play at this level wand stand out will be impossible to hold onto, anyone who hasn't will be not worth holding on to!

Impossible to have a conveyor belt year after year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Haynes? on 15:03 - Aug 8 with 2537 viewsBobbychase

Well yes, but..... on 14:53 - Aug 8 by Bloots

....that's mainly because you've forgotten how crap we actually are.

I call it the "Danny Haynes Effect".

I'd take a few of those results v Norwich right now

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

How will the Evans era end? on 15:05 - Aug 8 with 2518 viewsFrankfurtBlue

How will the Evans era end? on 14:55 - Aug 8 by rosseden

So youre suggesting that Mick wasnt a good manager for a large portion of the time he was here, and that Lambert also isnt a good manager?

some of what you say has valid aspects, but much of it is just sh1te....

To answer your your question, Mick was good and could have been even better for us, but was hamstrung most of the time by Evans. Lambert has the potential to be good for us, but he hasn't proved anything yet. He is at least attempting to force Evans to address the issue, but is spreading himself far too thinly because Evans won't employ a CEO and/or DoF.
How will the Evans era end? on 15:08 - Aug 8 with 2492 viewsFrankfurtBlue

How will the Evans era end? on 14:55 - Aug 8 by StokieBlue

Or alternatively you could give the totally pointless moaning which has been said loads of times before a rest for the sake of the rest of the forum.

SB
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 14:56]

Oh, sorry, didn't realise there was a TWTD police force.
How will the Evans era end? on 15:09 - Aug 8 with 2480 viewsFrankfurtBlue

How will the Evans era end? on 14:59 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

Probably with us sat in the middle of L1, most likely not this year but with Evans here we are more likely to get stuck here at some point than anywhere else.

In an ideal world, Lambert does what he did at Norwich and after keeping us up in the PL ME hands the reigns over to a local billionaire who takes us from strength to strength

Thanks for the reply. Inclined to agree with you, and glad that you didn't mention the 4th tier!
How will the Evans era end? on 15:12 - Aug 8 with 2456 viewsrosseden

How will the Evans era end? on 15:05 - Aug 8 by FrankfurtBlue

To answer your your question, Mick was good and could have been even better for us, but was hamstrung most of the time by Evans. Lambert has the potential to be good for us, but he hasn't proved anything yet. He is at least attempting to force Evans to address the issue, but is spreading himself far too thinly because Evans won't employ a CEO and/or DoF.

so he wont invest in good management, but he invested in Mick, and Mick was good?

I dont disagree with the DoF thing, but i think thats the idea of ONeill, its just a broader role.....

Im no massive Evans fan. But im also realistic is that hes far better than many owners in terms of how he funds the club......

How will the Evans era end? on 15:13 - Aug 8 with 2452 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It will end with us having a new owner and calling for the good days when Evans or Sheepshanks was in charge.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How will the Evans era end? on 15:13 - Aug 8 with 2445 viewsBackToRussia

Great post.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

How will the Evans era end? on 15:15 - Aug 8 with 2437 viewsrosseden

How will the Evans era end? on 14:59 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

Like the idea. Not sure any of the 4 ahead of ME are really going to jump at the chance of spunking their fortunes on a football pipe dream though.....

Richest people in East Anglia

â–  1: Kirsten Rausing - £10.848bn, up £1.188bn

â–  2: Jon Hunt - £1.4bn, up £40m

â–  3: The Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family - £922m, up £32m

â–  4: Douw Steyn and family - £900m, up £50m

â–  5: Marcus Evans - £800m, up £35m

â–  6: David and Patricia Thompson - £730m, no change

â–  7: Mike Lynch - £469m, no change

â–  8: Mark Burnett and Roma Downey - £390m, no change

â–  9: Ray O’Rourke and family - £306m, no change

â–  10: Jonathan Milner - £300m, up £93m

â–  11: Paul Day and family - £295m, up £20m

â–  12: Edward Atkin and family - £267m, no change

â–  13=: Alfie Best - £250m, up £90m

â–  13=: Michael Gooch and family - £250m, no change

â–  15: Ewan Kirk - £225m, no change

â–  16: Bill, Tim and Pollyanna Gredley and family - £217m, up £23m

â–  17=: Graham Peacock - £200m, no change

â–  17=: Gordon Sanders and family - £200m, up £7m

â–  17=: Susan Tobbell - £200m, no change

â–  20: Andrew Hill and family - £193m, up £55m

How will the Evans era end? on 15:18 - Aug 8 with 2418 viewsFrankfurtBlue

How will the Evans era end? on 15:12 - Aug 8 by rosseden

so he wont invest in good management, but he invested in Mick, and Mick was good?

I dont disagree with the DoF thing, but i think thats the idea of ONeill, its just a broader role.....

Im no massive Evans fan. But im also realistic is that hes far better than many owners in terms of how he funds the club......

I was referring to the management of the club (not the first team manager), as in Evans can't manage the club himself, but won't appoint professionals to run it for him.
How will the Evans era end? on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 2401 viewsJ2BLUE

How will the Evans era end? on 15:15 - Aug 8 by rosseden

Like the idea. Not sure any of the 4 ahead of ME are really going to jump at the chance of spunking their fortunes on a football pipe dream though.....

Richest people in East Anglia

â–  1: Kirsten Rausing - £10.848bn, up £1.188bn

â–  2: Jon Hunt - £1.4bn, up £40m

â–  3: The Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family - £922m, up £32m

â–  4: Douw Steyn and family - £900m, up £50m

â–  5: Marcus Evans - £800m, up £35m

â–  6: David and Patricia Thompson - £730m, no change

â–  7: Mike Lynch - £469m, no change

â–  8: Mark Burnett and Roma Downey - £390m, no change

â–  9: Ray O’Rourke and family - £306m, no change

â–  10: Jonathan Milner - £300m, up £93m

â–  11: Paul Day and family - £295m, up £20m

â–  12: Edward Atkin and family - £267m, no change

â–  13=: Alfie Best - £250m, up £90m

â–  13=: Michael Gooch and family - £250m, no change

â–  15: Ewan Kirk - £225m, no change

â–  16: Bill, Tim and Pollyanna Gredley and family - £217m, up £23m

â–  17=: Graham Peacock - £200m, no change

â–  17=: Gordon Sanders and family - £200m, up £7m

â–  17=: Susan Tobbell - £200m, no change

â–  20: Andrew Hill and family - £193m, up £55m

It says a lot that you can see someone with a £300m fortune and think they are not rich enough for modern football.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How will the Evans era end? on 15:27 - Aug 8 with 2374 viewsrosseden

How will the Evans era end? on 15:21 - Aug 8 by J2BLUE

It says a lot that you can see someone with a £300m fortune and think they are not rich enough for modern football.

yup, the whole thing is broken, its just a play thing for oligarchs and sheikhs now until they get bored and pull their funding.

How will the Evans era end? on 15:33 - Aug 8 with 2347 viewsjeera

How will the Evans era end? on 15:21 - Aug 8 by J2BLUE

I was thinking the same looking through that list.

Half of them would be broke in no time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How will the Evans era end? on 15:48 - Aug 8 with 2289 viewslongtimefan

How will the Evans era end? on 15:33 - Aug 8 by jeera

I was thinking the same looking through that list.

Half of them would be broke in no time.

And one of them is likely to end up in a US prison or considerably poorer soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024