Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow Q or 2 15:17 - Aug 8 with 1497 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm overseas for the Peterboro game and wouldn't mind watching it whilst sipping a Cuba Libra or maybe a Singapore Sling.

Looks like I can simply order the game BUT is it worth registering first in the UK or waiting till I'm on the sun lounger? Presume by waiting till overseas, iFollow will realise that I'm one of those mucky foreign types and allow viewing rather than simply audio??

Thanks in advance
ABB

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 1481 viewsmattrolow

The service works on your IP address.

So doesn't matter if you register over here, when you access it abroad it will see that you're abroad and offer you the video match pass option.
iFollow Q or 2 on 15:23 - Aug 8 with 1473 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:21 - Aug 8 by mattrolow

So doesn't matter if you register over here, when you access it abroad it will see that you're abroad and offer you the video match pass option.

Riddle me this. If I live abroad, have a season pass, but will be in the UK for an away game, can I watch it on iFollow?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 15:25]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:25 - Aug 8 with 1449 viewsartsbossbeard

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:21 - Aug 8 by mattrolow

Gotcha!

So register in advance, download the app and the IP address check carried out when I purchase the match will allow me to view once I've paid for it. Perfect.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:29 - Aug 8 with 1426 viewsmattrolow

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:23 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

Riddle me this. If I live abroad, have a season pass, but will be in the UK for an away game, can I watch it on iFollow?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 15:25]

Not without using a VPN (of which most of them are blocked by the EFL).

When you're in the UK it won't even give you the option to watch, you get shown a different screen to what you do when it senses you are out of the UK.
iFollow Q or 2 on 15:31 - Aug 8 with 1413 viewsartsbossbeard

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:29 - Aug 8 by mattrolow

When you're in the UK it won't even give you the option to watch, you get shown a different screen to what you do when it senses you are out of the UK.

Whilst I've got your attention then...

Looking at the link that Spruce provided, the Peterboro game isn't available to watch on iFollow BUT it does provide a link for the audio. Would you know if the audio would be available if visual isn't it??

Ta!

EDIT: Don't worry, I've worked it out. Different IP address, different menu. D'oh!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 15:37]

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:37 - Aug 8 with 1390 viewsitfcjoe

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:31 - Aug 8 by artsbossbeard

Looking at the link that Spruce provided, the Peterboro game isn't available to watch on iFollow BUT it does provide a link for the audio. Would you know if the audio would be available if visual isn't it??

Ta!

EDIT: Don't worry, I've worked it out. Different IP address, different menu. D'oh!

It says audio only because you are in the UK

When you are abroad it will show.

If I were you though, I would have a totally new browser which you only sue when abroad so it doesn't think you have a VPN - I use a Firefox browser purely for iFollow otherwise if any browser goes onto the site when *cough* in the UK, it then always thinks you are using a VPN

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 1379 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:29 - Aug 8 by mattrolow

Might nip over to France then. Cheers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 1371 viewsartsbossbeard

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:37 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

It says audio only because you are in the UK

When you are abroad it will show.

If I were you though, I would have a totally new browser which you only sue when abroad so it doesn't think you have a VPN - I use a Firefox browser purely for iFollow otherwise if any browser goes onto the site when *cough* in the UK, it then always thinks you are using a VPN

Cheers Joe!

I answered my own question after thinking about it properly..I'll take an iPad plus my phone, so should be all good then!

Login to get fewer ads

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:40 - Aug 8 with 1363 viewsStokieBlue

Ta!

The audio has no location restrictions.

The video should work although I was sitting in the hotel bar in Singapore last year and ordered it for a tenner then when it came to watching it I got a message saying it was restricted from that location.

They still charged me though.

I'm sure you'll have no such issues.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:43 - Aug 8 with 1347 viewsartsbossbeard

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:40 - Aug 8 by StokieBlue

The video should work although I was sitting in the hotel bar in Singapore last year and ordered it for a tenner then when it came to watching it I got a message saying it was restricted from that location.

SB

Would I just order a "Sling" in Singapore or is the "Singapore" still required?

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:44 - Aug 8 with 1342 viewsIllinoisblue

no matter where you're watching it'll probably be sub-par service. Burton game had issues in the second half. Blank "technical difficulties" screen for a few minutes. Then when it came back the audio wasn't synced with the video.

Oh for the days of ITFCVideo!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:45 - Aug 8 with 1340 viewsmattrolow

Ta!

No problem!

I used to work for a club in the EFL and was in charge of rolling out iFollow video for that club so I can bore you with plenty of information!
iFollow Q or 2 on 16:06 - Aug 8 with 1283 viewsStokieBlue

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:43 - Aug 8 by artsbossbeard

Would I just order a "Sling" in Singapore or is the "Singapore" still required?

Unfortunately Raffles was closed for refurbishment so I couldn't test out that particular question in the correct location.

I think almost certainly you just have to say "sling" and if you get weird looks then so be it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

iFollow Q or 2 on 16:31 - Aug 8 with 1244 viewsEly_Blue

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:40 - Aug 8 by StokieBlue

SB

Am I right in thinking to listen to the game abroad it is as simple as using the bbc iPlayer radio app, last season when I was by the pool in Mexico I was listening to our games and was hoping to do the same again this year

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

iFollow Q or 2 on 16:38 - Aug 8 with 1219 viewsSitfcB

iFollow Q or 2 on 15:38 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

Might nip over to France then. Cheers.

Go to the game?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

iFollow Q or 2 on 17:08 - Aug 8 with 1167 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Q or 2 on 16:38 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

Go to the game?

Flying visit, won't have time sadly what with family obligations etc. We usually wail to win when I'm there anyway, so you'll be thanking me.

iFollow Q or 2 on 17:11 - Aug 8 with 1164 viewsSitfcB

iFollow Q or 2 on 17:08 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

Flying visit, won't have time sadly what with family obligations etc. We usually wail to win when I'm there anyway, so you'll be thanking me.

What game is it?

COYB

iFollow Q or 2 on 17:19 - Aug 8 with 1153 viewsSitfcB

iFollow Q or 2 on 16:31 - Aug 8 by Ely_Blue

Am I right in thinking to listen to the game abroad it is as simple as using the bbc iPlayer radio app, last season when I was by the pool in Mexico I was listening to our games and was hoping to do the same again this year

Don’t think so.

I player doesn’t work abroad does it?

Can’t even listen to it over here on iplayer because of the rights.

COYB

iFollow Q or 2 on 17:19 - Aug 8 with 1151 viewsSpruceMoose

iFollow Q or 2 on 17:11 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

What game is it?

Sunderland next year! Worst possible location pretty much

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024