Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner 11:45 - Aug 9 with 3891 viewsBlackboots

is the reason I’ll be there as a season ticket holder tomorrow so thanks to those who came up with the idea and then executed it so well.

After more than 40 years I was ready to give up on the club and become an armchair fan like so many others I know who have fallen away from attending games over the past decade. Seeing that banner made me realise I couldn’t walk away.

The support the club get from our younger fans is superb. You’ve not known any success, many of you won’t have even see us in the premier league let alone winning the cups you sing about or the great players that those of my generation and older were lucky enough to watch. You’re a credit to the club, keep up the great work you do. Come on you blues!

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Aye (n/t) on 11:47 - Aug 9 with 3864 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It's just a shame that..... on 11:51 - Aug 9 with 3840 viewsBloots

....the line itself was written by such a daft revolting old racist.

Nice sentiment though.

Oh well.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 11:55 - Aug 9 with 3823 viewsBarneycurley

How true. You know what though. There are maybe 30 or 40 of other clubs that would see themselves the same. The likes of Leeds or Sunderland aptly

But... we are unique a truly provincial town that have been blessed by greatness TWICE. No one will ever again repeat what we managed and we should never forget it.

That mob up the road will never ever have what we had. Forever in our shadow

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

It's just a shame that..... on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 3798 viewsBlackboots

It's just a shame that..... on 11:51 - Aug 9 by Bloots

Nice sentiment though.

Oh well.

I agree that he is a complete tool. I loved so many of their songs, but never particularly liked him even before his more recent moronic behaviour. Johnny Marr is the reason The Smiths were the band they were, not him.

Agreed. (n/t) on 12:12 - Aug 9 with 3704 viewsBloots

It's just a shame that..... on 11:58 - Aug 9 by Blackboots

I agree that he is a complete tool. I loved so many of their songs, but never particularly liked him even before his more recent moronic behaviour. Johnny Marr is the reason The Smiths were the band they were, not him.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It's just a shame that..... on 17:25 - Aug 9 with 3533 viewsbluerthanthou

It's just a shame that..... on 11:51 - Aug 9 by Bloots

Nice sentiment though.

Oh well.

I'm a fan of Blue Action and all they've done to improve the atmosphere at PR and I've bought their stickers and pin badge so I'm reluctant to criticise them in any way, but...

Morrissey has been cancelled and they should retire that banner.
It's just a shame that..... on 17:30 - Aug 9 with 3514 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It's just a shame that..... on 11:58 - Aug 9 by Blackboots

Disagree massively. They were a songwriting partnership couldn't have done it without each other. Morrissey's voice is instantly recognisable and his image made The Smiths different from other bands at the time.

edit. Yes he is a bit of a kn0b though.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 17:31]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

It's just a shame that..... on 20:48 - Aug 9 with 3347 viewsBlackboots

It's just a shame that..... on 17:30 - Aug 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Disagree massively. They were a songwriting partnership couldn't have done it without each other. Morrissey's voice is instantly recognisable and his image made The Smiths different from other bands at the time.

edit. Yes he is a bit of a kn0b though.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 17:31]

My post was really about the banner and what a great job the fans in the North Stand than The Smiths

Login to get fewer ads

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 20:55 - Aug 9 with 3306 viewshenley07

I completely get your sentiment and applaud your attitude.
However I just find having a famously Manchester bands lyrics on a banner at a Suffolk club a little weird,just why?
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 20:58 - Aug 9 with 3284 viewsJ2BLUE

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 20:55 - Aug 9 by henley07

However I just find having a famously Manchester bands lyrics on a banner at a Suffolk club a little weird,just why?

It's weird that you find it weird. It's not like it's United with an Oasis banner.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:01 - Aug 9 with 3259 viewsbrogansnose

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 20:55 - Aug 9 by henley07

Yeah, we'll have Nick Kershaw lyrics instead.
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:01 - Aug 9 with 3258 viewshenley07

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 20:58 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

It's weird that you find it weird. It's not like it's United with an Oasis banner.

I don't know if that's enough to make me weird,but nobody else I've spoken to about it agreed with me so perhaps you're right
It's just a shame that..... on 21:01 - Aug 9 with 3256 viewsWickets

It's just a shame that..... on 20:48 - Aug 9 by Blackboots

My post was really about the banner and what a great job the fans in the North Stand than The Smiths

Yes and thats how i read it ,well done good piece .
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:06 - Aug 9 with 3231 viewshenley07

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:01 - Aug 9 by brogansnose

I'm trying to see the Heaven knows I'm miserable now banner in the away end at Enfield
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:08 - Aug 9 with 3221 viewshenley07

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:06 - Aug 9 by henley07

I'm trying to see the Heaven knows I'm miserable now banner in the away end at Enfield

Enfield? Oopsy
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:15 - Aug 9 with 3188 viewspete81

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:01 - Aug 9 by brogansnose

"I won't let the sun go down on me" along similar lines though....
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:20 - Aug 9 with 3165 viewsbrogansnose

The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:15 - Aug 9 by pete81

"I won't let the sun go down on me" along similar lines though....

That would work.
The “There is a light that never goes out” banner on 21:25 - Aug 9 with 3149 viewsClapham_Junction

A colleague in London (an Arsenal fan) was really impressed by the banner and mentions it on a regular basis when we discuss football.

I've no idea where he saw it, but it's certainly pleasing that people know about it.
It's just a shame that..... on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 3025 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It's just a shame that..... on 20:48 - Aug 9 by Blackboots

Yer sorry mate was replying to someone else.

Good post

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024