Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert's comments about a lack of respect - spot on ! 14:02 - Aug 9 with 704 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Lambert was absolutely spot on today with his comments.

Be it state of the stadium, lack of a community trust in previous seasons or the discord between managers, owners and supporters, the following have all contributed to a loss of pride and sense of disenfranchisement between ITFC and it's fans. What he states about high standards is also correct, it should filter down from the top and be evident throughout the club, not just on the pitch. While this neglect hasn't dampened the enthusiasm of the hardcore few and regular away supporters, i think what PL is saying about instilling a bit more pride in the club, playing good front foot football and recapturing the imagination of the town again is essential, as we should be striving to get crowds back up to the 25,000 mark again like they were under Royle and Magilton.

People can raise the argument about being outside of the Premiership for so long, which is partly true, but i think Paul Lambert has shook up the club and Marcus Evans for the better and it's refreshing to have a manager who is so in touch with the value of it's fans.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 14:26]
Lambert's comments about a lack of respect - spot on ! on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 584 viewsHullblue

Think the community trust thing is incredibly important.

I remember Town coaches visiting my primary school when I was 7 or 8, and after that I would beg my parents to send me on the holiday coaching courses. Players always turned up at the end of the week and they’re some of the best memories of my childhood.

I’d like to think I would have always chosen my hometown team, but given that nearly all my mates are United/Arsenal/Liverpool ‘fans’, those early experiences must have had an impact.

Obviously that’s just my experience, but creating real bonds with the community is the only strategy so can think of that’s got any hope of succeeding against the glitz and glamour of the big premiership clubs.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024