Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and 19:41 - Aug 9 with 2216 viewsMugwump

Probably vote out.

They will then apply to join The EU.

What will The EUs position be on the Scottish border?

Asking for a friend.
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:51 - Aug 9 with 1849 viewsJ2BLUE

There would have to be a hard border between England and Scotland.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 1836 viewsfactual_blue

Their position will be that Glassers has to stay permanently north of that border.

According to a friend.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 1834 viewsSpruceMoose

Your friend isn't too bright by the sounds of it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:54 - Aug 9 with 1832 viewsDarth_Koont

Hard to say. The government has been totally at sea over their own understanding of what a border means and totally incapable of guaranteeing the seamless trade the leavers promised.

But putting aside the political nonsense ... In reality, it seems highly unlikely and impractical for the UK to actually leave the customs union (we've been heading towards that as the default since day one) so doubt there should be a practical issue.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 19:55]

Pronouns: He/Him

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:57 - Aug 9 with 1819 viewsChurchman

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:51 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

There would have to be a hard border between England and Scotland.

Fine. I’d put up a big wall (trump style, though more like the Roman bloke did) to discourage border raids, plough up the road and rail links and any trade can go by sea. We have a trade agreement with Norway so the smoked salmon is covered and I gather the Japs make a decent scotch. Job done 😃
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:59 - Aug 9 with 1811 viewspointofblue

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:54 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

Hard to say. The government has been totally at sea over their own understanding of what a border means and totally incapable of guaranteeing the seamless trade the leavers promised.

But putting aside the political nonsense ... In reality, it seems highly unlikely and impractical for the UK to actually leave the customs union (we've been heading towards that as the default since day one) so doubt there should be a practical issue.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 19:55]

I'd think there would be a hard border between England and Scotland as recent history isn't as nearly as bloody and violent as Northern Ireland's. I think Hollyrood may try and establish as frictionless border as possible between the North and the South but how likely that will be is another matter altogether.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:03 - Aug 9 with 1801 viewsMugwump

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:59 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

I'd think there would be a hard border between England and Scotland as recent history isn't as nearly as bloody and violent as Northern Ireland's. I think Hollyrood may try and establish as frictionless border as possible between the North and the South but how likely that will be is another matter altogether.

Ultimately I think there will be a digital border between Eire and NI but if this is the case I cannot see Eddie Stobart being happy with a hard Scottish border.
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:07 - Aug 9 with 1782 viewsChurchman

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:03 - Aug 9 by Mugwump

Ultimately I think there will be a digital border between Eire and NI but if this is the case I cannot see Eddie Stobart being happy with a hard Scottish border.

I don’t suppose the workers at Faslane will be happy either when the submarine base closes, but you can’t have everything.
Login to get fewer ads

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:13 - Aug 9 with 1763 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Scotland will have to change its name to Scotchland if they leave the UK. Hadrian's Wall will be rebuilt when Scotland give away their newly won independence to become part of the EU superstate.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:18 - Aug 9 with 1746 viewsDarth_Koont

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:59 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

?

It's 2019. Where do hard borders fit in?

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:41 - Aug 9 with 1716 viewsMugwump

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:18 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

?

Leitrim?
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:47 - Aug 9 with 1696 viewsrgp1

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:13 - Aug 9 by The_Last_Baron

Scotland will have to change its name to Scotchland if they leave the UK. Hadrian's Wall will be rebuilt when Scotland give away their newly won independence to become part of the EU superstate.

Here's how it will work

1. Gun and watch towers on hadrian's wall.
2. Reinstate old pill boxes all around the English coast and arm them with anti aircraft battery.
3. Anything vessel acting suspiciously with 5 miles of the coast will be engaged.
This way we can employ thousands back in the defence and arms industry and their supply chains, bingo!
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 1684 viewsDarth_Koont

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:41 - Aug 9 by Mugwump

Leitrim?

Not even in Leitrim.

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 1684 viewsGeoffSentence

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 19:57 - Aug 9 by Churchman

Fine. I’d put up a big wall (trump style, though more like the Roman bloke did) to discourage border raids, plough up the road and rail links and any trade can go by sea. We have a trade agreement with Norway so the smoked salmon is covered and I gather the Japs make a decent scotch. Job done 😃

Why bother with Japanese whisky when we distill the stuff in Suffolk?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 1677 viewsDarth_Koont

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:47 - Aug 9 by rgp1

Here's how it will work

1. Gun and watch towers on hadrian's wall.
2. Reinstate old pill boxes all around the English coast and arm them with anti aircraft battery.
3. Anything vessel acting suspiciously with 5 miles of the coast will be engaged.
This way we can employ thousands back in the defence and arms industry and their supply chains, bingo!

Brexit Party will take that.

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:01 - Aug 9 with 1646 viewsJ2BLUE

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:18 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

?

How could there not be one if you were in and we were out?

Truly impaired.

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:02 - Aug 9 with 1641 viewsRyorry

Think you Freudian slipped there & given Donald' & Doris's cosying up like Norfolk siblings, you mis-spelled Hollywood ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:02 - Aug 9 with 1638 viewsDarth_Koont

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:01 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

How could there not be one if you were in and we were out?

How could there be a hard border between the UK and the EU and it would work in the UK's interests?

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:04 - Aug 9 with 1623 viewsJ2BLUE

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:02 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

How could there be a hard border between the UK and the EU and it would work in the UK's interests?

People voted for Brexit and the current nutter wants a hard border. The only thing we can hope for is an alliance of other parties to defeat the Tories in an election before it's finalised.

Truly impaired.

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:06 - Aug 9 with 1617 viewsChurchman

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 20:49 - Aug 9 by GeoffSentence

Why bother with Japanese whisky when we distill the stuff in Suffolk?

Scratch the Jap whisky!
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:07 - Aug 9 with 1613 viewsMugwump

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:04 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

People voted for Brexit and the current nutter wants a hard border. The only thing we can hope for is an alliance of other parties to defeat the Tories in an election before it's finalised.

What nutter wants a hard border?
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 1604 viewsJ2BLUE

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:07 - Aug 9 by Mugwump

What nutter wants a hard border?

I meant hard Brexit. Boris.

Truly impaired.

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:36 - Aug 9 with 1572 viewsMugwump

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:10 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Oh I see. I agree with Darth in that I don’t see the relevance of hard borders - unless you are at war - but if I’m right (which is not guaranteed) I thought he has said previously that the border in Ireland was an impossible situation what with The Belfast Agreement.

It’s been a pretty poor three years hasn’t it.
If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:44 - Aug 9 with 1545 viewsDarth_Koont

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:04 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

No politician will put their name to a hard border.

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:46 - Aug 9 with 1537 viewspointofblue

If we do leave The EU I fully expect Scotland to have another referendum and on 21:10 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

I don't think even Boris wants a hard border but I wouldn't be surprised if he stumbles on it by accident.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024