Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing is... 21:25 - Aug 9 with 2783 viewsFixed_It

...they were a fairly ordinary team at the start of last season, but then went on a run and their confidence soared. By the end of the season they looked pretty slick. I wonder how good they will look this season if their confidence takes a few batterings?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The thing is... on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 2745 viewspointofblue

As much as it pains me to say it I don't think Norwich have been that bad tonight - they have enough about them to compete against the sides around them.

Liverpool's defence has been abysmal tonight, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The thing is... on 21:47 - Aug 9 with 2607 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I make the OP right.

For most of the season there was little between Norwich and Leeds. Norwich had the Pukki goals, very few injuries and suspensions and got a phenomenal number of late goals. Where would they have finished without the late goals?

They have hardly changed the team ready for the Premier League and are determined their tactics will rock the league. I think they are the ones in for a shock not the Premier League.

Just a shame Liverpool came out for the second half with the feeling the job is done instead of let's go out here, show just how good we are and set the record for highest winning margin. Perhaps Man City will do that instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The thing is... on 22:04 - Aug 9 with 2535 viewsbournemouthblue

The thing is... on 21:47 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I make the OP right.

For most of the season there was little between Norwich and Leeds. Norwich had the Pukki goals, very few injuries and suspensions and got a phenomenal number of late goals. Where would they have finished without the late goals?

They have hardly changed the team ready for the Premier League and are determined their tactics will rock the league. I think they are the ones in for a shock not the Premier League.

Just a shame Liverpool came out for the second half with the feeling the job is done instead of let's go out here, show just how good we are and set the record for highest winning margin. Perhaps Man City will do that instead.

They still should have had 2 or 3 in that first 15 minutes of the second half

They may well have taken their foot off the gas whilst Norwich tightened it up a bit and kept playing in fairness to them

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The thing is... on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 2458 viewshaynes_toe1

They created more chances against Liverpool than any other team last season.

They also fielded the youngest team in the top tier for 24 years.

Also scored a great passing goal. I think theyll be fine and we can worry about ourselves!
The thing is... on 22:41 - Aug 9 with 2272 viewsNazemariner

They'll get thumped by the big boys, and upset a few of the lesser teams. No chance of staying up. Farke gone by Christmas. Games gone.
The thing is... on 06:56 - Aug 10 with 1943 viewsm14_blue

The thing is... on 22:11 - Aug 9 by haynes_toe1

Also scored a great passing goal. I think theyll be fine and we can worry about ourselves!

They were 4-0 down at HT ffs.

I can understand Town fans overreacting to a bad Nodge result, that’s what we’re meant to do, but our fans desperately putting the most positive spin possible on a yellow thrashing is just plain weird.

I think they’ll go down, but will make a decent fist of it. Their lack of investment suggests they’ve accepted that too.
The thing is... on 08:10 - Aug 10 with 1797 viewsChurchman

The thing is... on 06:56 - Aug 10 by m14_blue

They were 4-0 down at HT ffs.

I can understand Town fans overreacting to a bad Nodge result, that’s what we’re meant to do, but our fans desperately putting the most positive spin possible on a yellow thrashing is just plain weird.

I think they’ll go down, but will make a decent fist of it. Their lack of investment suggests they’ve accepted that too.

I agree with this. I didn’t see the game but usually when a team is 3 or 4-0 up at half time it’s foot off the pedal time. Why bust a gut with the job done and so many bigger games to play?

As for the scum, they will probably and hopefully be relegated. They fully deserved their success last season but didn’t look an outstanding side and haven’t really strengthened.
The thing is... on 08:28 - Aug 10 with 1725 viewsHerbivore

But of course, you're not a budgie.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

The thing is... on 08:38 - Aug 10 with 1690 viewsBlueBadger

At this point, I can't work out if you're a budgie or just have a severe case of Improved Performance Syndrome.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The thing is... on 08:41 - Aug 10 with 1678 viewsKropotkin123

The thing is... on 08:28 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

I know right, what Ipswich fan knows all of those tediously miss placed positive facts about Norwich.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The thing is... on 08:59 - Aug 10 with 1584 viewsSuperblue95

The thing is... on 22:41 - Aug 9 by Nazemariner

They'll get thumped by the big boys, and upset a few of the lesser teams. No chance of staying up. Farke gone by Christmas. Games gone.

Hope you’re right but I think they’ll stay up and relatively comfortably too.

They’ve got a decent young squad and on top of that they really are just the jammiest b*stards that English football has ever seen

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The thing is... on 09:27 - Aug 10 with 1523 viewsNaylorsboots

Id rather being playing Liverpool in the Premiership than Sunderland in league 1, even if we were getting beaten. Ordinary or not. By the way, if they looked ordinary, christ knows what we looked like!
The thing is... on 09:29 - Aug 10 with 1511 viewshaynes_toe1

The thing is... on 08:28 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

No, I'm not.

But I'll be totally honest, I've not lived in or around Ipswich for over 20 years and certainly over the last 5 or 6 I've become more of a 'general' football fan. This forum and iFollow are the only connections I really have to the club anymore. I'm not going to pretend and lie, I lost alot of enthusiasm after being away for so long and not being able to attend games.

Anyway, everyone on my better halfs side of the family happen to be Norwich fans so, somewhat begrudgingly? I end up following what they're doing too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024