Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. 08:58 - Aug 10 with 1313 viewsPecker

Sunderland may not be the best side on paper, but they will probably be there or there abouts come may, so today can be a snap shot of where we will be in the shake up. Early in the season, obviously, and things and personnel can change, but if we want to be top 6 then these are the games to measure ourselves by. I am hopeful of 3 points and am hugely looking forward to todays game. See some of you there and a safe journey for all those coming from further afield.
Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:00 - Aug 10 with 1298 viewsfooters

PECKER!

Welcome back, bud. I share your optimism. Another three points in the bag for Towen today, please :)

Driving down in your Audi?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:02 - Aug 10 with 1274 viewsPecker

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:00 - Aug 10 by footers

PECKER!

Welcome back, bud. I share your optimism. Another three points in the bag for Towen today, please :)

As I live in Ipswich, I shall use the Sambas.
Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:04 - Aug 10 with 1259 viewsSuperblue95

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:00 - Aug 10 by footers

PECKER!

Put a sock in it Fergal.

3 points today would be massive but it’s very early in the season so wouldn’t be the end of the world if we didn’t win. I still think we will finish in a play off spot

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:06 - Aug 10 with 1243 viewsfooters

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:04 - Aug 10 by Superblue95

Put a sock in it Fergal.

3 points today would be massive but it’s very early in the season so wouldn’t be the end of the world if we didn’t win. I still think we will finish in a play off spot

Oi! What I'd give to have that bloke's air miles...

Indeed. Tough test today but seems all is not well with the Mackems. Let's hope we can take advantage and steal a march on the rest of the league... even while we're still in a bit of a mess ourselves.

Once we get a few more bodies back/in, I'm really confident of play-offs as a minimum. But I have been drinking already so we shall see.

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:11 - Aug 10 with 1214 viewsSuperblue95

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:06 - Aug 10 by footers

Oi! What I'd give to have that bloke's air miles...

Indeed. Tough test today but seems all is not well with the Mackems. Let's hope we can take advantage and steal a march on the rest of the league... even while we're still in a bit of a mess ourselves.

Once we get a few more bodies back/in, I'm really confident of play-offs as a minimum. But I have been drinking already so we shall see.

Drinking at this hour of the morning? I like it.

I’m also very jealous as I have chores to attend to and it’s raining. Also none of my alcoholic friends are around to drink with me. My liver will thank me, I’ve not had a sober weekend in months...

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:12 - Aug 10 with 1204 viewsRadlett_blue

We shouldn't get carried away or unduly depressed after 2 games of a season. But yes, if we are comprehensively beaten today, it may be a better idea of where we are. Equally, if we stuff the Mackems, it doesn't mean we are going to cruise effortlessly to automatic promotion. After relegation from the Prem, we won at Walsall & then thumped to-be-promoted Leicester 6-1.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:14 - Aug 10 with 1188 viewstextbackup

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:04 - Aug 10 by Superblue95

Put a sock in it Fergal.

whilst heads have dropped at sunderland it would be guttering not to take 3 points from first home game....

get points on the board early and the rest of the season will fall into place nicely. its currently in our hands, no hoping other teams do us a favour etc.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 1168 viewsGeoffSentence

PECKER!

I look forward to a Burley Era style of support, where wecan just assume a win and anything else is a surprise.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:25 - Aug 10 with 1154 viewsfooters

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:14 - Aug 10 by textbackup

whilst heads have dropped at sunderland it would be guttering not to take 3 points from first home game....

get points on the board early and the rest of the season will fall into place nicely. its currently in our hands, no hoping other teams do us a favour etc.

"it would be guttering"

Indeed. Would be very draining to see three points go down the spout! ;)

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:30 - Aug 10 with 1128 viewsDarth_Koont

IMO it's come a little too early as we seem a little new and in certain areas a bit makeshift. So not sure what it will say about our season as a whole.

But, if we win, it would be massive for the confidence and momentum that our season will need. Getting through August with a decent points haul would be a real step in the right direction and surely would remove many of the doubts left over from last season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:30 - Aug 10 with 1116 viewsNaylorsboots

This will tell us a lot. Loose today and then at Peterborough next weekend and the doubts will creep in big time. Then we shall see if we have any metal about us or are still a bunch of pussies.
Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 1102 viewsfooters

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:30 - Aug 10 by Naylorsboots

This will tell us a lot. Loose today and then at Peterborough next weekend and the doubts will creep in big time. Then we shall see if we have any metal about us or are still a bunch of pussies.

Pah. Give it a rest with all the negative squit, buh. You're either with us or you're with the Woolwich.

Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 09:32 - Aug 10 with 1094 viewshaynes_toe1

I'm not sure today is a be all end all kind of situation.

It's hard to identify who's going to be the main challengers this season. Theres often a surprise package too.

The main benefit of beating Sunderland is hoping they start to have a melt down, replace the manager and have to start from scratch
Today will tell us alot about how this season will pan out. on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 959 viewsWD19

This season will be defined by our ability to score enough goals to routinely beat the dross away from home on a damp Tuesday evening. If we can do that we will be fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024