Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should have won today 20:24 - Aug 10 with 1338 viewsSuffolkBlue13

Sunderland so so poor
Should have won today on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 1289 viewssuffolkpoker

Sunderland were poor the first half, but it was also how well we played.
We can only beat what’s infront off us.

I am still sure we will be top 2 this year....

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Should have won today on 21:32 - Aug 10 with 1264 viewsm14_blue

Sunderland aren’t great, that’s why they’re in league one.

People were saying the same thing after Burton but truth is we’ve played the clear favourites at home and a team fancied for the play offs away.

The opposition won’t be much tougher than this all season.

Momentum is so important for us, especially after last year, but we should have more than enough to do well in this league.
Should have won today on 21:40 - Aug 10 with 1236 viewsolimar

Should have won today on 21:32 - Aug 10 by m14_blue

Sunderland aren’t great, that’s why they’re in league one.

People were saying the same thing after Burton but truth is we’ve played the clear favourites at home and a team fancied for the play offs away.

The opposition won’t be much tougher than this all season.

Momentum is so important for us, especially after last year, but we should have more than enough to do well in this league.

Three possibly reasons why Sunderland played as they did-
1.) They have changed their team significantly and arent actually one of the best teams in the league
2.) Its early in the season and they had an off day, which their manager unsurprisingly says was the case (in the first half)
3.) They are one of the better teams in the league, but we are better

Im not jumping to the conclusion that it is 3. It could be either of the first two also and, possibly, the reason we didnt beat them is the reason(s) why we are in league one too.
Should have won today on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 1229 viewssuffolkpoker

Should have won today on 21:40 - Aug 10 by olimar

1.) They have changed their team significantly and arent actually one of the best teams in the league
2.) Its early in the season and they had an off day, which their manager unsurprisingly says was the case (in the first half)

Im not jumping to the conclusion that it is 3. It could be either of the first two also and, possibly, the reason we didnt beat them is the reason(s) why we are in league one too.

Sunderland are the best team in league 1... according to the bookies
#fact

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Should have won today on 21:58 - Aug 10 with 1190 viewsm14_blue

Should have won today on 21:40 - Aug 10 by olimar

That’s all true, although I’d be amazed if Sunderland aren’t at least in the play offs at the end of the season.

The truth is, Peterborough,Wimbledon, Bolton, Rochdale and Shrewsbury aren’t going to be world beaters either.

We’re not great, and I wasn’t trying to be arrogant, but people shouldn’t be surprised if most of the teams we play are pretty rotten.
Should have won today on 22:02 - Aug 10 with 1178 viewsOxford_Blue

Shoulda coulda woulda

Didn’t.
Should have won today on 22:09 - Aug 10 with 1144 viewsradiogaga

Should have won today on 21:25 - Aug 10 by suffolkpoker

Sunderland were poor the first half, but it was also how well we played.
We can only beat what’s infront off us.

I am still sure we will be top 2 this year....

Sunderland will definitely be in the top six in some capacity. They are hard to beat, they won't lose many because they have good players. Their front 3 today was McGeady, McNulty and Gooch. McGeady is arguably too good for this level, and would be a very good championship player. Gooch is also very good and McNulty is one I'm disappointed we weren't in for this summer. They then had Chris McGuire and Will Grigg come off the bench. They were horrendous in the first half and didn't turn up but the reason we were still only 1-0 up is because they're a good team, and good teams find a way to always stay in games.

Time will tell with us. I really hope Garbutt's injury is not serious as we've had a season's worth of bad luck with injuries already, and he is undoubtedly going to improve us this season. It is too early to call. The signs are very promising, and I'm sure the goals will come but Evans undoubtedly needs to get in at least another wideman and a striker to take the load off Jackson and Norwood, we are much better with 2 up front and that is obvious.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Should have won today on 22:30 - Aug 10 with 1079 viewsolimar

Should have won today on 21:58 - Aug 10 by m14_blue

That’s all true, although I’d be amazed if Sunderland aren’t at least in the play offs at the end of the season.

The truth is, Peterborough,Wimbledon, Bolton, Rochdale and Shrewsbury aren’t going to be world beaters either.

We’re not great, and I wasn’t trying to be arrogant, but people shouldn’t be surprised if most of the teams we play are pretty rotten.

Yeah, I get that but maybe we are (still) quite rotten too....
Im playing devils advocate of course, but I dont really know the level very well in L1- fact is, we played a team today that werent really very good and we showed the same sort of flaws that prevented us from winning games last year too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024