Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First game for my son today..... 21:42 - Aug 10 with 1370 viewspete81

I took my son, daughter and wife to the game today. My son is 3.5yrs old and has disabilities. I was unsure how he would be, but Lee from the disability team was great, helped with tickets and best place to sit that would be better for my son due to him not coping with loud noises and also let him have a sensory pack which was amazing. After getting our tickets and pack my son walked into the stand proudly wearing his ear defenders and lanyard. His face was a picture and it brought a tear to my eye as I didn t think this day would ever happen that I would be able to take my son to a game. He only lasted 35mins and then he needed to leave but my wife took him out so I got to watch the rest of the game with my daughter. During those 35mins my son was the happiest and so was I. Thank you ITFC and Lee for your understanding and support.
First game for my son today..... on 21:45 - Aug 10 with 1328 viewsSteve_M

Good stuff. 35 minutes is a lot for kids that age without why disabilities. Hopefully you can increase that to 90 minutes with him over time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

First game for my son today..... on 21:50 - Aug 10 with 1289 viewsMVBlue

Fair play. My son is 3 and a half and Im not sure I could take him yet, havent even taken him to the cinema so you're doing well.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

First game for my son today..... on 21:54 - Aug 10 with 1272 viewsunstableblue

Thanks for sharing.

Glad he enjoyed it and it went well.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

First game for my son today..... on 21:57 - Aug 10 with 1264 viewsUB9Blue

Good to hear you and the family had a good day, nice that the club looked after you, be good if you could all get back for another game soon
First game for my son today..... on 22:44 - Aug 10 with 1169 viewspete81

First game for my son today..... on 21:57 - Aug 10 by UB9Blue

Good to hear you and the family had a good day, nice that the club looked after you, be good if you could all get back for another game soon

Thanks guys.
Only get to go a few times a season myself these days due to working in retail.
great to see is set up with 2 wingers and go for it ...sadly went off the boil when Garbutt went off injured. As people have said Judge needs to be central and desperate for another striker option but many reasons to be cheerful today....
First game for my son today..... on 22:50 - Aug 10 with 1151 viewsolimar

Thats great to hear, glad you had a great day and that it was such a rewarding experience for all of you.
First game for my son today..... on 22:59 - Aug 10 with 1128 viewsmidastouch

That's fantastic mate. Treasured memories. First game I ever took my son to was Ipswich against Huddersfield when we were 2 up and they pulled it back to 2-2. Grant Holt was playing for the Terriers that day, he looked rather podgy! I think if we'd of won we'd of gone top of the league that day. My son was a bit young and spent more time looking at the North Stand and looked rather overawed by it all. When we were 2 up it was party atmosphere and the drums were banging and all sorts! I don't think he really remembered too much about that game as he was a bit young. But the next one I took him to had him hooked as it was Ipswich vs Barnsley when Grant Ward came on at half time and bagged 3 goals in the 2nd half. That was one of the best games we've had at Portman Road in quite a while!
Hope you get to enjoy more great match experiences with your family. Sounds like Lee looked out for you. Great to hear.
All the best...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 23:00]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

First game for my son today..... on 23:59 - Aug 10 with 1024 viewsfactual_blue

Splendid. That's a great set of memories for all of you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024