Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sitting in North Stand Lower 07:56 - Aug 11 with 3888 viewsollie_smith2001

I had a ticket on the front row yesterday, and me and 2 others were asked to sit down in the 2nd half as there was a kid behind us who couldn’t see. I honestly didn’t realise, I was standing from before the game.

Obviously I don’t want a kid to miss seeing the game, but I was under the impression NS Lower was 17+ only?

We seemed to be the only people in the stand told to sit down, which felt unfair.

Thoughts?
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:03 - Aug 11 with 3810 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s 12+.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:07 - Aug 11 with 3776 viewsPinewoodblue

Presumably you turned round and saw the youngster. Why didn't you offer to swap Seats. Seems to me the problem wasn't the fact you were standing but 5hat you were taller than someone standing behind you.

Have responded on the assumption you are not just making something up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:08 - Aug 11 with 3768 viewsMaySixth

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:03 - Aug 11 by ITFC_Forever

It’s 12+.

My lad turns 12 in October and will be sitting with me in North Stand Lower.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:15 - Aug 11 with 3713 viewsPinewoodblue

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:08 - Aug 11 by MaySixth

My lad turns 12 in October and will be sitting with me in North Stand Lower.

H9pe you don't complain if someone in front of you stands

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:30 - Aug 11 with 3589 viewsElephantintheRoom

My thought is that you are utterly thoughtless if you don't care about those sitting behind you.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:37 - Aug 11 with 3550 viewsFelstow1978

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:30 - Aug 11 by ElephantintheRoom

My thought is that you are utterly thoughtless if you don't care about those sitting behind you.

You're not religious by any chance? Or just pompous and preachy by nature?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:45 - Aug 11 with 3492 viewsWarkylegend

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:37 - Aug 11 by Felstow1978

You're not religious by any chance? Or just pompous and preachy by nature?

No need to take kids to North stand lower. Only got our season tickets there when my son turned 16. If you buy a ticket there you do so knowing everyone stands and the language may be colourful.
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:57 - Aug 11 with 3413 viewsChiefXL

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:45 - Aug 11 by Warkylegend

No need to take kids to North stand lower. Only got our season tickets there when my son turned 16. If you buy a ticket there you do so knowing everyone stands and the language may be colourful.

TBF the language isn't any better in the Churchman's lower where I take my kids.
Login to get fewer ads

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 09:06 - Aug 11 with 3362 viewsChateauWines

Just to the right of the goal? I'm 6 rows back and did notice and thought strange. As far as I am aware everyone stands behind goal.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 3280 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 08:57 - Aug 11 by ChiefXL

TBF the language isn't any better in the Churchman's lower where I take my kids.

You here it more as it’s quieter
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 3236 viewsrunaround

I think that might have been my daughter. She is coming up 15 and is 5 foot 4 so hardly a little child who cannot see or too young to be in lower north. You were not blocking her view at all & she only sat down last 10 minutes or so as she was p****d off about us throwing away 2 points & it’s her way of protesting. She sat down a lot last season!We didn’t complain & I think the steward was just exercising her authority a bit too much. In fact my daughter felt quite bad about it as she said to me afterwards that she didn’t mind you standing & didn’t know why the steward said anything. Sorry if it ruined your day but was beyond our control
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:56]
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 09:25 - Aug 11 with 3229 viewsChiefXL

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 09:19 - Aug 11 by BtreeBlueBlood

You here it more as it’s quieter

Most probably
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:07 - Aug 11 with 2871 viewsDebsyAngel

I have already said my thoughts in the match report (probably the wrong place to really), and was sick of how I was treated and people being told to sit down all the while. People do sit a lot of the time, but moments which justify standing, like corners, goals, bad referee decisions etc etc should just be left alone. That stewardess yesterday always seems to have it in for me and a few others. We are not being abusive or acting out of order, so where is the problem??
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 2839 viewsMeadowlark

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:07 - Aug 11 by DebsyAngel

I have already said my thoughts in the match report (probably the wrong place to really), and was sick of how I was treated and people being told to sit down all the while. People do sit a lot of the time, but moments which justify standing, like corners, goals, bad referee decisions etc etc should just be left alone. That stewardess yesterday always seems to have it in for me and a few others. We are not being abusive or acting out of order, so where is the problem??

Stewards at football matches are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
I cannot imagine being a steward. You have to have a certain personality to stare at a bunch of people for two hours, searching for reasons to give them a telling off.
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:18 - Aug 11 with 2806 viewswitchdoctor

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:07 - Aug 11 by DebsyAngel

was it that blonde bint?
Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:21 - Aug 11 with 2784 viewsDebsyAngel

Sitting in North Stand Lower on 12:18 - Aug 11 by witchdoctor

was it that blonde bint?

No, not her. The one with the frizzy hair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024