Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel a bit for Chambers 08:43 - Aug 11 with 5626 viewsDubtractor

Up until the mistake him and Woolfy had an assured game together, seemed a proper pairing, and shut out absolutely everything Sunderland had.

It was an absolute howler, make no mistake, but I think the two of them could end up being a really good CB pairing for us this season.

I'm not sure I get the level of concern about Norwood either, he was utterly unplayable in that first half and involved in so much of our attacking play. Second half, along with several others, he had less impact, but I've seen enough to know that he will do just fine for us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:48 - Aug 11 with 1285 viewsSteve_M

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:37 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

The one from Garbutt was from their mistake so hardly counts. Rowe had a couple of decent efforts against Burton but we’re not really creating chances where you think a goal is likely. We’re not far off to be fair, it’s just that decision making and final ball that’s not quite there.

Agree on that, add in the late Judge shot yesterday and I think that's the sum total of shots on target in the two games. A little reminiscent of last season too but hopefully it will come with confidence and a few more wins.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 16:17]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:49 - Aug 11 with 1280 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:37 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

The one from Garbutt was from their mistake so hardly counts. Rowe had a couple of decent efforts against Burton but we’re not really creating chances where you think a goal is likely. We’re not far off to be fair, it’s just that decision making and final ball that’s not quite there.

Chances don't count if they came from an opposition mistake?! That's a new one on me!

"we’re not really creating chances where you think a goal is likely" feels like moving the goalposts, if you pardon the pun.

You can't just dismiss chances as chances by saying you didn't think a goal was that likely, or they came from an opposition error. Opposition errors are created by the other team forcing them, usually. And if a keeper tips a shot round the post, then a goal would've been likely if he hadn't done that!

We've had 27 shots in our opening two games, with a largely makeshift team. I think we're doing ok, frankly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:08 - Aug 11 with 1268 viewsLankHenners

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:49 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

Chances don't count if they came from an opposition mistake?! That's a new one on me!

"we’re not really creating chances where you think a goal is likely" feels like moving the goalposts, if you pardon the pun.

You can't just dismiss chances as chances by saying you didn't think a goal was that likely, or they came from an opposition error. Opposition errors are created by the other team forcing them, usually. And if a keeper tips a shot round the post, then a goal would've been likely if he hadn't done that!

We've had 27 shots in our opening two games, with a largely makeshift team. I think we're doing ok, frankly.

It doesn’t count in the sense we haven’t created it, and if we’re going to be generous and say it counts if we force it, that wasn’t what that was - their defender trod on the ball and accidentally slipped it straight to us.

You may feel like that but we’re not creating really good chances and we’re lacking the confidence to take half chances with any real conviction.

We’re doing ok, slightly helped by it being enough against weaker opposition than we’ve been used to, but if we want to be right up there we need an improvement on this front.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:24 - Aug 11 with 1257 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:48 - Aug 11 by Steve_M

Agree on that, add in the late Judge shot yesterday and I think that's the sum total of shots on target in the two games. A little reminiscent of last season too but hopefully it will come with confidence and a few more wins.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 16:17]

Again, you're talking nonsense. We've had 11 on target over the two games, 7 of which were yesterday.

Why are people denying the facts of our chances?!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 1244 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:08 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

It doesn’t count in the sense we haven’t created it, and if we’re going to be generous and say it counts if we force it, that wasn’t what that was - their defender trod on the ball and accidentally slipped it straight to us.

You may feel like that but we’re not creating really good chances and we’re lacking the confidence to take half chances with any real conviction.

We’re doing ok, slightly helped by it being enough against weaker opposition than we’ve been used to, but if we want to be right up there we need an improvement on this front.

Again you're moving the goalposts. We've gone from "we still aren't really creating chances" to "we’re not creating REALLY GOOD chances."

I agree we need to improve, you can always improve, but to say we aren't creating chances is simply false. And the fact that you keep changing the wording bears this out.

27 shots in two games is a vast improvement on last season (and what we saw under Mick most of the time). But yes, we could be doing better. I assume we will do when all the players are back. Certainly, get Huws in there and I think we'd be creating more.

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:41 - Aug 11 with 1231 viewsLankHenners

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:32 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

Again you're moving the goalposts. We've gone from "we still aren't really creating chances" to "we’re not creating REALLY GOOD chances."

I agree we need to improve, you can always improve, but to say we aren't creating chances is simply false. And the fact that you keep changing the wording bears this out.

27 shots in two games is a vast improvement on last season (and what we saw under Mick most of the time). But yes, we could be doing better. I assume we will do when all the players are back. Certainly, get Huws in there and I think we'd be creating more.

You’re just splitting hairs to the thinnest degree for the sake of an argument. Tapping out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:50 - Aug 11 with 1214 viewsMullet

Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:39 - Aug 11 by Harry_Palmer

"I’m more concerned he gets loads of chances, but doesn’t seem to assured yet"

Really? I can't remember him missing too many clear openings over the first two games, the bigger concern for me is that we are not really creating that many.

The general view that we should have been out of sight by half time yesterday is slightly overexaggerated in my view, although we played quite well how many clear cut chances did we actually create?

Clean through at Burton screwed it wide because he snatched at it.

Yesterday he seemed to get a touch on the hall and have a 50% strike rate on it going where he meant it to again.

We had three penalty shouts at least one should have been given and Skuse blocked on the line. I think it’s pretty fair to suggest we should’ve won yesterday.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:52 - Aug 11 with 1207 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:41 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

You’re just splitting hairs to the thinnest degree for the sake of an argument. Tapping out.

It's you who's splitting hairs about how worthy you think a chance is of being called a chance (and moving the goalposts), not me.

Login to get fewer ads

Feel a bit for Chambers on 17:16 - Aug 11 with 1185 viewsHarry_Palmer

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:50 - Aug 11 by Mullet

Clean through at Burton screwed it wide because he snatched at it.

Yesterday he seemed to get a touch on the hall and have a 50% strike rate on it going where he meant it to again.

We had three penalty shouts at least one should have been given and Skuse blocked on the line. I think it’s pretty fair to suggest we should’ve won yesterday.

I agree we should have won yesterday, that's not in question, however aside from the one you mentioned at Burton I don't remember Norwood missing any clear chances as none were presented to him.

I still think he looks a handful and once he get's off the mark he will be fine, I just hope we can create the openings for him as we still lack quality in wide areas for me, especially if Garbutt is going to be out for a bit.
Feel a bit for Chambers on 19:58 - Aug 11 with 1143 viewshadleighboyblue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:12 - Aug 11 by braveblue

Chambers looked shaky at times and the goal was another of his howlers. How many did he give away last season. Time for change.

I thought the strikers looked good. Too many long balls to Norwood but he is a handful. Lots to be positive about but we need a good partner for Wolf.

Agree about Chambers , apart from his disastrous schoolboy error which gifted Sunderland a goal and changed the game , his distribution was poor , mainly a big boot up field .

Wolfenden looks very comfortable , but Chambers form has been poor for some time , he loses his man too often .
Feel a bit for Chambers on 20:17 - Aug 11 with 1129 viewsDanTheMan

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:19 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

"we still aren't really creating chances."

That's nonsense I'm afraid. Were you at either game?

I was at Burton and watched Sunderland game.

I don't think in either game we were creating good chances on the whole. Think we kept the ball well and created a quite a few half chances but the final ball never really seemed to be there.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Feel a bit for Chambers on 08:32 - Aug 12 with 1058 viewsitfcjoe

Feel a bit for Chambers on 16:32 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

We had the highest Expected Goals in the league on Saturday so obviously created a fair bit.

We've probably had runs of 5 games without 3 xG in recent seasons so not sure what is being complained about by others

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024