Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel a bit for Chambers 08:43 - Aug 11 with 5629 viewsDubtractor

Up until the mistake him and Woolfy had an assured game together, seemed a proper pairing, and shut out absolutely everything Sunderland had.

It was an absolute howler, make no mistake, but I think the two of them could end up being a really good CB pairing for us this season.

I'm not sure I get the level of concern about Norwood either, he was utterly unplayable in that first half and involved in so much of our attacking play. Second half, along with several others, he had less impact, but I've seen enough to know that he will do just fine for us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Feel a bit for Chambers on 08:50 - Aug 11 with 4311 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

People writing off Norwood, who was excellent first half, against what may prove to be the best defence in the division.

What do they think he will be like against Rochdale, Accrington and Southend.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Feel a bit for Chambers on 08:58 - Aug 11 with 4278 viewsMullet

As with last night. Norwood just needs to score. Once he does that weight is off his back. He was trying way too hard at Burton and again in the second half yesterday.

I’m more concerned he gets loads of chances, but doesn’t seem to assured yet. Maybe he’s just not used to his team mates, but as a system we don’t seem to be clear on who runs where and when to release the ball. That’s holding him and everyone else back.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:03 - Aug 11 with 4259 viewsLankHenners

Feel a bit for Chambers on 08:50 - Aug 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

People writing off Norwood, who was excellent first half, against what may prove to be the best defence in the division.

What do they think he will be like against Rochdale, Accrington and Southend.

No-one’s writing him off and I’d be surprised if Sunderland end up being the best defence in the league. He just needs a goal so he can relax rather than trying to force it too much.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:07 - Aug 11 with 4231 viewsDubtractor

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:03 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

No-one’s writing him off and I’d be surprised if Sunderland end up being the best defence in the league. He just needs a goal so he can relax rather than trying to force it too much.

I think you and Mullet are right, Norwood is trying a bit to hard and needs to relax a bit, which will probably happen once he gets a goal.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 4189 viewsallezlesbleus

I think confidence, or lack of it, plays a massive part. I really hope that the strikers and a couple of midfielders quickly score a few goals, so their confidence returns and they think they will score, rather than worrying that they won't.

If Chambers wasn't at our club, he is exactly the type of player fans would be wanting us to bring in........ experienced, played at a higher level all his career, good with the youngsters, a leader and passionate about the club. Yes, he does make too many mistakes, but, from what I am reading, apart from that mistake yesterday, him and Woolfenden were solid. Remember, that we have a new keeper and most of the backline have hardly played together.

I really hope we get a couple of decent wins and then go on a great run.

COYBB
Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:34 - Aug 11 with 4124 views3_5_2

Feel a bit for Chambers on 08:58 - Aug 11 by Mullet

As with last night. Norwood just needs to score. Once he does that weight is off his back. He was trying way too hard at Burton and again in the second half yesterday.

I’m more concerned he gets loads of chances, but doesn’t seem to assured yet. Maybe he’s just not used to his team mates, but as a system we don’t seem to be clear on who runs where and when to release the ball. That’s holding him and everyone else back.

I agree, he is a right handful but appears to be trying too hard when he gets a chance, such is he desire to score He will score and when he does, he will be a real asset for us

I do feel we need a different option from the present front two, one who is decent in the air

Re: Chambers, that was schoolboy defending and he will not need telling that I think he will be ahead of Toto who said to my daughter after the game (getting autographs) he was still 4 weeks away from playing

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:36 - Aug 11 with 4116 viewsWickets

Could not agree more .
Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:42 - Aug 11 with 4099 viewsN2_Blue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:36 - Aug 11 by Wickets

Could not agree more .

The Norwood bashing is just daft and only by people that I would say have never actually played football and don't really understand enough about the game.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:15 - Aug 11 with 4018 viewsWickets

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:07 - Aug 11 by Dubtractor

I think you and Mullet are right, Norwood is trying a bit to hard and needs to relax a bit, which will probably happen once he gets a goal.

TBH my thoughts where the whole team where perhaps trying a bit too hard second half yesterday ,especially when it went too 1-1. Perhaps it just became a bit frantic desperate to put it right ,to win a game that we should have won by half time . Much better than players hideing through lack of confiedence though fair bit of that went on last season .
Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:16 - Aug 11 with 4015 viewsNthQldITFC

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:42 - Aug 11 by N2_Blue

The Norwood bashing is just daft and only by people that I would say have never actually played football and don't really understand enough about the game.

Or by people who may have, shall we say, a different agenda?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:39 - Aug 11 with 3964 viewsHarry_Palmer

"I’m more concerned he gets loads of chances, but doesn’t seem to assured yet"

Really? I can't remember him missing too many clear openings over the first two games, the bigger concern for me is that we are not really creating that many.

The general view that we should have been out of sight by half time yesterday is slightly overexaggerated in my view, although we played quite well how many clear cut chances did we actually create?
Feel a bit for Chambers (n/t) on 10:43 - Aug 11 with 3949 viewsHarry_Palmer

[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 10:43]
Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:51 - Aug 11 with 3901 viewsDanTheMan

Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:39 - Aug 11 by Harry_Palmer

"I’m more concerned he gets loads of chances, but doesn’t seem to assured yet"

Really? I can't remember him missing too many clear openings over the first two games, the bigger concern for me is that we are not really creating that many.

The general view that we should have been out of sight by half time yesterday is slightly overexaggerated in my view, although we played quite well how many clear cut chances did we actually create?

Agreed. My biggest concern at the moment is that we still aren't really creating chances.

Hoping that'll come in a bit of time with this 4-4-2, unless we change it up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Feel a bit for Chambers on 12:58 - Aug 11 with 3787 viewsBLUEBEAT

Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:51 - Aug 11 by DanTheMan

Agreed. My biggest concern at the moment is that we still aren't really creating chances.

17 shots on goal yesterday, wasn’t it?

Poll: W or W

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:00 - Aug 11 with 3781 viewsgazzer1999

I'm glad I'm not the only one who stood up for Chambers yesterday, yes a mistake that led to a goal but still the leader we need. Also Skuse outstanding yesterday. Norwood first half was everywhere and fine second half, he is going to be a handful for any defence.
Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:19 - Aug 11 with 3739 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 10:51 - Aug 11 by DanTheMan

"we still aren't really creating chances."

That's nonsense I'm afraid. Were you at either game?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:25 - Aug 11 with 3721 viewsLankHenners

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:19 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

It’s only nonsense if you’re counting half efforts that don’t come close to testing the ‘keeper as ‘chances’.

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:30 - Aug 11 with 3705 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:25 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

It’s only nonsense if you’re counting half efforts that don’t come close to testing the ‘keeper as ‘chances’.

I'm guessing you didn't go either. We had 7 shots on target. I remember one in particular first half that was deflected and brilliantly saved by their keeper.

And I remember two tipped round the post from Rowe shots in the first game.

Are you denying these chances happened?!
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 13:31]

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:34 - Aug 11 with 3693 viewsHarry_Palmer

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:19 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

Depends on what you class as a 'chance' I suppose, shots on goal often do not equate to clear chances.

We had a decent amount of action in the opposition penalty area yesterday ( certainly compared to last season ) but I can't recall too many clear chances and the longer the game went on the fewer we created.

The slight concern would be that we didn't really create many good chances for the two strikers. Still early days of course.
Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:37 - Aug 11 with 3685 viewslongtimefan

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:00 - Aug 11 by gazzer1999

I'm glad I'm not the only one who stood up for Chambers yesterday, yes a mistake that led to a goal but still the leader we need. Also Skuse outstanding yesterday. Norwood first half was everywhere and fine second half, he is going to be a handful for any defence.

Agree Chambers was good other than the goal. No doubting he should have done better with it though. I still feel Holy should really have dealt with that ball. If you look where Chambers ends up losing the ball its 2m outside the penalty area. Holy’s Starting position was much closer than Chambers. Maybe he was told to cut down his excursions after a few rushes of blood to the head last week?
Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:53 - Aug 11 with 3652 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:34 - Aug 11 by Harry_Palmer

Depends on what you class as a 'chance' I suppose, shots on goal often do not equate to clear chances.

We had a decent amount of action in the opposition penalty area yesterday ( certainly compared to last season ) but I can't recall too many clear chances and the longer the game went on the fewer we created.

The slight concern would be that we didn't really create many good chances for the two strikers. Still early days of course.

I've quoted at least 3 excellent saves by opposition keepers to Lank above.

Also, while I agree shots on goal don't always equate to clear chances - equally shots that went wide can do.

We've created more than enough chances in the first two games to say that Dan's assertion that "we still aren't really creating chances" is incorrect.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 13:55]

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:12 - Aug 11 with 3578 viewsbraveblue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:19 - Aug 11 by allezlesbleus

I think confidence, or lack of it, plays a massive part. I really hope that the strikers and a couple of midfielders quickly score a few goals, so their confidence returns and they think they will score, rather than worrying that they won't.

If Chambers wasn't at our club, he is exactly the type of player fans would be wanting us to bring in........ experienced, played at a higher level all his career, good with the youngsters, a leader and passionate about the club. Yes, he does make too many mistakes, but, from what I am reading, apart from that mistake yesterday, him and Woolfenden were solid. Remember, that we have a new keeper and most of the backline have hardly played together.

I really hope we get a couple of decent wins and then go on a great run.

COYBB

Chambers looked shaky at times and the goal was another of his howlers. How many did he give away last season. Time for change.

I thought the strikers looked good. Too many long balls to Norwood but he is a handful. Lots to be positive about but we need a good partner for Wolf.
Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:13 - Aug 11 with 3573 viewsBrixtonBlue

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:12 - Aug 11 by braveblue

Chambers looked shaky at times and the goal was another of his howlers. How many did he give away last season. Time for change.

I thought the strikers looked good. Too many long balls to Norwood but he is a handful. Lots to be positive about but we need a good partner for Wolf.

I thought Chambers looked pretty good for the most part.

Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:27 - Aug 11 with 3544 viewsBlockJJ

Feel a bit for Chambers on 09:03 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

Unfortunately a few posters have. But agree with you a goal will relax him. He doesn't stop running and defenders in this league have, and will continue to make mistakes as he pressures them.

In regards to Chambers, 19 times out of 20 he would boot it out for a throw. But that one time, you will get punished. Sadly, watching it back he is a good 8/9 yards from the byline when he decides to try and shield it out, that's just too much space to risk it. I'm not Anti-chambers at all, but at 1-0 those decisions should be to the old mantra "if in doubt, kick it out".
Feel a bit for Chambers on 15:37 - Aug 11 with 3519 viewsLankHenners

Feel a bit for Chambers on 13:30 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

I'm guessing you didn't go either. We had 7 shots on target. I remember one in particular first half that was deflected and brilliantly saved by their keeper.

And I remember two tipped round the post from Rowe shots in the first game.

Are you denying these chances happened?!
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 13:31]

The one from Garbutt was from their mistake so hardly counts. Rowe had a couple of decent efforts against Burton but we’re not really creating chances where you think a goal is likely. We’re not far off to be fair, it’s just that decision making and final ball that’s not quite there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024