Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) 08:45 - Aug 11 with 6806 viewstractorboy1978

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:12 - Aug 11 with 6773 viewsDubtractor

I though so at the time, and was sat quite close, but looking at the replay on the highlights reel I think he went down pretty easily.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:14 - Aug 11 with 6759 viewsHerbivore

For me it's a pen all day long. The guy comes in from the side and bundles him over. I don't see how that's a yellow card for Jackson when there is clearly contact.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:17 - Aug 11 with 6744 viewsWarkystache

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:12 - Aug 11 by Dubtractor

I though so at the time, and was sat quite close, but looking at the replay on the highlights reel I think he went down pretty easily.

I watched the highlights on Quest last night and thought 'Was that it?' I seem to recall us running at them like stags in the first half. Surely we created more than just a blocked half-chance and the goal?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 6727 viewsDubtractor

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:17 - Aug 11 by Warkystache

I watched the highlights on Quest last night and thought 'Was that it?' I seem to recall us running at them like stags in the first half. Surely we created more than just a blocked half-chance and the goal?

More extended highlights on here...

https://www.facebook.com/officialitfc/

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 10:29 - Aug 11 with 6529 viewsbracknell_blue

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:12 - Aug 11 by Dubtractor

Don’t think it was a pen, and didn’t yesterday, but it certainly wasn’t a dive.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 10:39 - Aug 11 with 6496 viewsWickets

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 10:29 - Aug 11 by bracknell_blue

Same here poor by the ref 6 or 7 minutes and books him for that .
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 10:40 - Aug 11 with 6485 viewshaynes_toe1

Never a pen but you cant book for diving when both players are leaning in.
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 12:21 - Aug 11 with 6323 viewsGeoffSentence

I think penalty. It had all just opened up nicely for Jacky to have a shot, I don't think he wouldn't have gone down there if he hadn't been taken down. Can't blame the ref for not giving it because it is still not perfectly clear. What was clear was that it was not a dive. Fookin' ridiculous to book him for that.

The Garbutt appeal didn't look like a penalty and did look more like a dive to me, if the ref was going to book anyone for diving then that was it.

The Rowe appeal I have no idea about, not sure if he was bundled over as he was taking a shot or jut airkicked it. That one wasn't on any of the highlights so cannot check.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 13:02 - Aug 11 with 6229 viewsHerbivore

It's one of those where if it had been down the other end and Chambers was the defender people would be saying we'd got away with one. For me it's a pen. The guy comes in from the side and is nowhere near the ball and he bundles Jackson over.

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 17:31 - Aug 11 with 5952 viewsThe_Realist_09

Never a pen. Booking harsh.
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 20:24 - Aug 11 with 5717 viewsbraveblue

Agree. Poss penalty but crazy yellow card.
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 23:52 - Aug 11 with 5514 viewspatrickswell

Having seen it now, I don’t think it was a pen, but it looked a lot like the kind of challenge we had given against us regularly last season.
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 04:35 - Aug 12 with 5448 viewsitfcbam

Had good view from stand (coop) as right in front. initial thoughts was no pen as he went down so easy. At time thought there was very slight contact but nowhere near enough to make him go down, trouble is by not giving pen ref then has to decide if he dived. Thought booking was harsh, ref lacked consistency as Garbutt went down later in half, again not given (initial thought was that one was a pen) but nobody really appealed, but ref didn't book Garburt so not odd.
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 07:30 - Aug 12 with 5361 viewsBlueRaider

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 09:14 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

For me it's a pen all day long. The guy comes in from the side and bundles him over. I don't see how that's a yellow card for Jackson when there is clearly contact.

It looked suspicious to me, but in general some refs seem to think there is nothing between a foul and a dive, they are card happy and poor

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 08:19 - Aug 12 with 5292 viewsitfcjoe

I thought it was a penalty, but if it wasn't it certainly wasn't a dive and the yellow card was stupid.

Jackson was up in the sponsors lounge afterwards and made the point that when you are running that fast it doesn't take much for you to be knocked off balance - he felt it had just opened up for him to shoot and said he certainly wasn't looking for a penalty but was clearly bundled over

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 08:59 - Aug 12 with 5240 viewsHerbivore

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 08:19 - Aug 12 by itfcjoe

I thought it was a penalty, but if it wasn't it certainly wasn't a dive and the yellow card was stupid.

Jackson was up in the sponsors lounge afterwards and made the point that when you are running that fast it doesn't take much for you to be knocked off balance - he felt it had just opened up for him to shoot and said he certainly wasn't looking for a penalty but was clearly bundled over

That's my take on it. Guy comes in from the side and bundles into him, it's clumsy and it's enough to knock him over. It's a pen all day long for me. I do think that of Chambers made a challenge like that at the other end those who are saying it's not a pen would change their tune.

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 10:38 - Aug 12 with 5096 viewsJackSted

Garbutt's penalty appeal was definitely a dive but the ref didn't blow for anything...

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 11:48 - Aug 12 with 5014 viewsNazemariner

It looked it at the time, but upon further inspection you can see that he went over like one of those foreign fellas.
Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 11:51 - Aug 12 with 5004 viewsflimflam

Thought it was pen at the time and still do after watching the replay.

Jackson has nothing to gain by diving and everything to gain by staying on his feet as it had opened up for him to get a shot away.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Was it a pen on Jackson? n/t (n/t) on 12:44 - Aug 12 with 4941 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. Looked like a legitimate shoulder to shoulder challenge that wouldn't have been seen as a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

The yellow card for diving was wrong though. It was a fairly hefty shoulder challenge to push the player off the ball but being in the penalty area probably scared the ref into wanting to put blame on Jackson for falling.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024