Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... 09:39 - Aug 11 with 7738 viewsSitfcB

.... I think it gets scrutinised a bit more.

I’m as disappointed as the next man that we didn’t win but it’s only the second game, mistakes are going to happen, not everything is gonna go our way.

Many players made many mistakes last season. Last season is done and gone. New season is a fresh slate. It’s his first game of the season ffs. If he makes mistakes game upon game then fair enough but just think it’s a little OTT at the minute. If it was someone else there wouldn’t be so much fuss.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:17 - Aug 11 with 3470 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:11 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

But their instinct was just to run for the goalline, both of them. One ought to have hung back in order to make the pass more difficult and to try to force the player on the ball to shoot from a tight angle. I'm sure when they review it that's something they'll discuss alongside the obvious error.

Indeed, in an ideal world, but with the speed all this happened and the fact that it was unexpected, my point still stands.

Chambo needs to take full responsibility and I'm sure he will.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:32 - Aug 11 with 3460 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:50 - Aug 11 by Blackboots

Agreed. It’s a team game and it wasn’t the only mistake of the game, it just happened to be the one that was punished. There was still a lot to do from the error to the goal.

Midfielders missed opportunities to create goalscoring chances, there were occasions when our forwards could have made better choices. It was disappointing that our first half dominance didn’t lead to more than a one goal advantage. It’s too binary to say we didn’t win because of Chambers mistake.

The experience of Chambers, Skuse, Judge and (hopefully) Sears will be crucial this season. Every player will make numerous mistakes, if they didn’t they wouldn’t be playing for our club in the third division.

It is a team game, so although Luke made the error the rest of the team has to be questioned as well, could Holy have come out? Could the rest of the team anticipated the possibility of an error and covered better?

But to your other point in the first paragraph, there really wasn't much to do from error to goal :

1. Make simple pass to bloke with open goal
2. Tap it into the net.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 13:09 - Aug 11 with 3428 viewsHerbivore

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:17 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, in an ideal world, but with the speed all this happened and the fact that it was unexpected, my point still stands.

Chambo needs to take full responsibility and I'm sure he will.

It happened quickly but they DID react, their reaction was just somewhat naive imo, but they will learn from it. Not blaming them, it's not a major error by any means but good defending after the mistake would have given us an improved chance of not conceding. That's not to take any responsibility from Chambo who totally fooked it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 13:56 - Aug 11 with 3407 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:13 - Aug 11 by pointofblue

My issue is similar mistakes are happening continuously. If they’re made and learned from then fair enough but this isn’t the first time Chambers has been caught in possession in a dangerous position which has lead to a goal and, unfortunately, I can’t see it being the last. All I can think of is he didn’t realise McNulty was so close to him so he had more time.

When was the last similar mistake Chambers made?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 15:13 - Aug 11 with 3373 viewsbraveblue

He made many last season. The problem is no matter how he plays or mistakes he makes he is in the team.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 15:15 - Aug 11 with 3368 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 15:13 - Aug 11 by braveblue

He made many last season. The problem is no matter how he plays or mistakes he makes he is in the team.

We don't really have anyone better (or who is more of a leader).

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 18:07 - Aug 11 with 3327 viewsAlanG296

It's about context, do that when we're 2 up and we go on to win 2-1, it's quickly forgotten. Do it when we're 1 up and it leads to the only on target shot on our goal in the whole game, resulting in 2 dropped points. Of course it will be commented on, whoever did it.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 18:36 - Aug 11 with 3321 viewsDeano69

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:49 - Aug 11 by homer_123

Agreed but...ultimately all he had to do was put it out.

And probably abused for conceding a corner or throw in. Of course it’s disappointing but it’s a long season.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 20:51 - Aug 11 with 3284 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mistakes happen, obviously.

But there are the different ways of judgement for each player among Town fans. Here on this forum and everywhere on the social media. Get this Chambers' mistake from yesterday and the list of Town players from the last 2-3 seasons. If that mistake had been done by a different Town player from the last 2-3 seasons (a few examples are Douglas, Knudsen, Spence, Pennington) then some of those who defend Chambers would have been first to slate one of those players.

It's not like 'the knifes are out' when Chambers makes a mistake. He's been very poor for us in the last couple of years and this is the fact. Do you imply that he should he be a free of criticism then? Each player ought to be equal to any level of criticism/praise.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 21:06 - Aug 11 with 3278 viewsbilllm

It's not because it's chambers, but it is the standard of that footballers play, you get taught at an early age as a defender if in doubt kick it out,not fanny around with it like your a world beater, his unprofessionalism is the problem not his name,
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 08:35 - Aug 12 with 3211 viewsitfcjoe

Too many people seem to relish the fact it was Chambers who made the mistake - guess they would if it was Skuse too because both are seen as Mick's men and the most rabid critics are those who still can't get over MM.

It was a poor mistake, he'll be as devastated as anyone, but he will stay in the team and rightly so - but if he keeps making mistakes he will be dropped, I just don't see that happening though.

A real shame as he'd had a very good game marshalling that young defence and I bet Woolfie was happy playing alongside such an experienced leader

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 08:46 - Aug 12 with 3199 viewsNo9

~Didn't a Brighton defender make a similar mistake?
Other defenders were the difference
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 08:54 - Aug 12 with 3185 viewsmanchego

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 08:46 - Aug 12 by No9

~Didn't a Brighton defender make a similar mistake?
Other defenders were the difference

So it wasn't Chambers' fault, it was everyone else's.
wowzer !
that's one opinion I suppose.
A really stupid one but this is the internet.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:29 - Aug 12 with 3171 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:54 - Aug 12 with 3155 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:29 - Aug 12 by BryanPlug

He's been a regular here under 4 managers
1 signed him
The next one made him captain and gave him a couple of nw deals
The one after played him in every game he was fit
As did the current one who also gave him a 2 year deal.

He's barely missed a game through injury or being dropped in his entire career - the end will come for him but if you honestly think lambert only plays him and gave him a new deal because he is captain and not for what he offers on the pitch then there is no help.

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:05 - Aug 12 with 3142 viewsMrTown

It is an odd one, half of me thinks, the amount of expirience he now has, with 25 minutes to go being 1-0 up, put the ball out, take 0 chances. Obviously he took a slight chance, whether he slipped or not I can't tell, but for me he should have just done the basics properly.

Having said that, it's just a mistake, he'll know it, we all make them, and ultimately we move onto Peterborough as a colective group.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:24 - Aug 12 with 3131 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:54 - Aug 12 by itfcjoe

He's been a regular here under 4 managers
1 signed him
The next one made him captain and gave him a couple of nw deals
The one after played him in every game he was fit
As did the current one who also gave him a 2 year deal.

He's barely missed a game through injury or being dropped in his entire career - the end will come for him but if you honestly think lambert only plays him and gave him a new deal because he is captain and not for what he offers on the pitch then there is no help.

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:30 - Aug 12 with 3121 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:24 - Aug 12 by BryanPlug

He didn't make the error on Saturday because he was too slow, he had the situation under control but just lost his bearings - it was very, very poor of course

How do you explain him still being a regular starter as opposed to just getting a new deal? I think most fans expect him to be phased out across his current 2 year contract but he won't go away without a fight.

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:00 - Aug 12 with 3103 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:30 - Aug 12 by itfcjoe

He didn't make the error on Saturday because he was too slow, he had the situation under control but just lost his bearings - it was very, very poor of course

How do you explain him still being a regular starter as opposed to just getting a new deal? I think most fans expect him to be phased out across his current 2 year contract but he won't go away without a fight.

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:22 - Aug 12 with 3084 viewstextbackup

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 08:35 - Aug 12 by itfcjoe

Too many people seem to relish the fact it was Chambers who made the mistake - guess they would if it was Skuse too because both are seen as Mick's men and the most rabid critics are those who still can't get over MM.

It was a poor mistake, he'll be as devastated as anyone, but he will stay in the team and rightly so - but if he keeps making mistakes he will be dropped, I just don't see that happening though.

A real shame as he'd had a very good game marshalling that young defence and I bet Woolfie was happy playing alongside such an experienced leader

You have got to be kinding me? You seriously think anyone is anti Chambers because he’s ‘micks man’ that’s a crazy thing to suggest IMO.

The long and the short of it is hes the captain and has years of experience and should have booted it out, no question of a doubt.
He won’t do it again.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:29 - Aug 12 with 3074 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:22 - Aug 12 by textbackup

You have got to be kinding me? You seriously think anyone is anti Chambers because he’s ‘micks man’ that’s a crazy thing to suggest IMO.

The long and the short of it is hes the captain and has years of experience and should have booted it out, no question of a doubt.
He won’t do it again.

No i don't think anyone who is anti-Chambers thinks that - but the most vocal are those who were so anti-Mick - some of the comments about him have been vile on Facebook and Twitter over last few days and the ones doing it are the ones who were most anti-Mick.

This whole 'proper blokes' thing as well we see like it is a bad thing that he's not a c.nut.

He's got to play well over next few weeks as Woolfie is becoming undroppable and he'll have to fight it out with Toto

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:38 - Aug 12 with 3050 viewshaynes_toe1

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 13:09 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

It happened quickly but they DID react, their reaction was just somewhat naive imo, but they will learn from it. Not blaming them, it's not a major error by any means but good defending after the mistake would have given us an improved chance of not conceding. That's not to take any responsibility from Chambo who totally fooked it.

They're young players, their reaction was instinct rather than what would generally be coached into them. So yes, they made the wrong decisions after the ball was lost but you'll see that a lot of times at this level.
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:12 - Aug 12 with 3033 viewstextbackup

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 11:38 - Aug 12 by haynes_toe1

They're young players, their reaction was instinct rather than what would generally be coached into them. So yes, they made the wrong decisions after the ball was lost but you'll see that a lot of times at this level.

John Terry would always run to the goal line in situations like that, they had a second to react and I’d say they made the correct call.
Not a single one of them would have expected Chambers to not deal with that ball, blame falls firmly at his feet, and he’ll know that.
As Joe says above, LC needs to play seriously well in next few weeks or I can see Wilson or Toto getting the spot next to the wolf

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:16 - Aug 12 with 3028 viewsFacefacts

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 09:29 - Aug 12 by BryanPlug

This is right ^^. He can't be dropped because since the bust up with Paul Hurst, which he won, and got a new contract, he is one of the first names on the team sheet. It's frustrating as he is treated differently to other players due to his status.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 12:23]
Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 12:41 - Aug 12 with 3009 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone could’ve made that mistake yesterday but because it’s Chambers... on 10:24 - Aug 12 by BryanPlug

He's nowhere near as bad as Spence and Douglas.

For the most part he was actually pretty good on Saturday but one big mistake and that's all some remember.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024