Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunthorpe bottom of the league 12:16 - Aug 11 with 3254 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just saying.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:23 - Aug 11 with 2979 viewsGeoffSentence

I'd quite like to get them in one of the cups, preferably at home. Just to see what sort of reception our old friend would get.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:28 - Aug 11 with 2954 viewsTractorCam

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:23 - Aug 11 by GeoffSentence

I'd quite like to get them in one of the cups, preferably at home. Just to see what sort of reception our old friend would get.

Probably a muted one, with a couple of boos/songs from the North stand.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:34 - Aug 11 with 2929 viewsGeoffSentence

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:28 - Aug 11 by TractorCam

I hope it would be more intense than that. Shouts of "you rotter", "damn you Mr Hurst" and "a plague upon you and your photos of footballers in pants", that sort of thing. I want it to be intimidating.

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:34 - Aug 11 with 2930 viewsSE1blue

“I expected that reaction. Things didn’t work here. Some players didn’t buy into my way of thinking. There were senior players that prevented others from taking on my vision...”

<all said behind cold eyes that have just added 10,000+ supporters to his laminated hit list”.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:38 - Aug 11 with 2911 viewsfooters

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:34 - Aug 11 by GeoffSentence

I hope it would be more intense than that. Shouts of "you rotter", "damn you Mr Hurst" and "a plague upon you and your photos of footballers in pants", that sort of thing. I want it to be intimidating.

Show him a picture of you in your pants. That would certainly be intimidating.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 12:40 - Aug 11 with 2908 viewsTractorCam

Perhaps Blue Action could make a display with that quote on?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 13:12 - Aug 11 with 2814 viewsWickets

Boo song from us in the North !! 'av a word with yourself .
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 13:14 - Aug 11 with 2810 viewsJDB23

I see he's already laid into his team a la Exeter. Absolute clown of a manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 13:47 - Aug 11 with 2691 viewsITFC_Forever

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 13:14 - Aug 11 by JDB23

I wonder if any close members of his coaching staff have threatened to fight them yet.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 14:31 - Aug 11 with 2624 viewsWD19

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 13:14 - Aug 11 by JDB23

Personal favourite from his playbook yesterday was saying something along the lines of “even when they did try they weren’t good enough” in relation to the players he has assembled.

Absolute wazzock.
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 14:31 - Aug 11 with 2614 viewspointofblue

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 13:47 - Aug 11 by ITFC_Forever

I wonder if any close members of his coaching staff have threatened to fight them yet.

Did Doig join him at Scunthorpe?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 15:06 - Aug 11 with 2546 viewsACP84

I wonder if Jenny is a Scunny fan now...
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 15:09 - Aug 11 with 2534 viewsfactual_blue

Just think, they'd be Sthorpe if hurst weren't there.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 15:39 - Aug 11 with 2487 viewsITFC_Forever

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 14:31 - Aug 11 by pointofblue

Did Doig join him at Scunthorpe?

Yep, I believe so.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 17:41 - Aug 11 with 2322 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If Hurst and Doig fail at Scunthorpe I reckon that is that for them in the 92. Their next job would be non-league, and maybe below the Conference. A failure at Ipswich is one thing, but another at a club expected to be top 7 in League Two would damage their reputations badly.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 19:53 - Aug 11 with 2133 viewsCoastalblue

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 17:41 - Aug 11 by The_Last_Baron

If Hurst and Doig fail at Scunthorpe I reckon that is that for them in the 92. Their next job would be non-league, and maybe below the Conference. A failure at Ipswich is one thing, but another at a club expected to be top 7 in League Two would damage their reputations badly.

Might be nice to see, but actually I do think he/they have a system that works at the lower levels, I suspect they will begin to get results in time.

And no I don't think they would have here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 21:11 - Aug 11 with 2011 viewsIpswichKnight

To Mr Hurst “ you sir are a cad and a bounder good day to you”
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 21:16 - Aug 11 with 1989 viewsGeoffSentence

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 21:11 - Aug 11 by IpswichKnight

To Mr Hurst “ you sir are a cad and a bounder good day to you”

That's the spirit. We need to put him right in his place.

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 23:12 - Aug 11 with 1859 viewscatch74

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 15:09 - Aug 11 by factual_blue

Just think, they'd be Sthorpe if hurst weren't there.

I think Shursthorpe works.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 23:52 - Aug 11 with 1793 viewsChurchman

When he was made manager here, he was considered with Jack Ross the best of the young managers around. Success with no money at Shrewsbury and Grimsby? What a prospect he looked to be after MM. I thought he’d be great!... and he turned out to be utterly out of his depth in every way. Jaw dropping ineptitude.

Best ignored and forgotten rather than heckled. Maybe a small pile of something unpleasant left on the away bench should he ever pitch up, just as a reminder of happy times. Pity he can’t be expunged from ITFC history, not least because his team was the worst in it’s professional history.

Ironically, the other ‘bright young thing’ of 2018 in Ross is as popular as cholera in Sunderland if their forums and a couple of friends are anything to go by and unless they improve he Will be scuttling back to bonnie Scotland by the winter.
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 23:55 - Aug 11 with 1786 viewspatrickswell

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 23:52 - Aug 11 by Churchman

When he was made manager here, he was considered with Jack Ross the best of the young managers around. Success with no money at Shrewsbury and Grimsby? What a prospect he looked to be after MM. I thought he’d be great!... and he turned out to be utterly out of his depth in every way. Jaw dropping ineptitude.

Best ignored and forgotten rather than heckled. Maybe a small pile of something unpleasant left on the away bench should he ever pitch up, just as a reminder of happy times. Pity he can’t be expunged from ITFC history, not least because his team was the worst in it’s professional history.

Ironically, the other ‘bright young thing’ of 2018 in Ross is as popular as cholera in Sunderland if their forums and a couple of friends are anything to go by and unless they improve he Will be scuttling back to bonnie Scotland by the winter.

I think Ross would have struggled as badly as Hurst, but I don’t think he would have alienated everybody working under him by the end of his first week here.
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 23:56 - Aug 11 with 1784 viewscatch74

Maybe everyone should just sit with their feet up on the chair in front.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 00:05 - Aug 12 with 1777 viewsChurchman

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 23:55 - Aug 11 by patrickswell

I think Ross would have struggled as badly as Hurst, but I don’t think he would have alienated everybody working under him by the end of his first week here.

That was a stunning achievement on Hurst’s part. He’d obviously not heard of Brian Clough’s 44 days at Leeds or seen The Damned United. A poor comparison as Clough was brilliant at Derby and Forest of course but Hurst’s idiotic approach reminded me of the alleged Clough at Leeds approach.

Pity Evans didn’t fire him and his moron in week two!
Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 00:53 - Aug 12 with 1744 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ross got Sunderland to Wembley twice last season. He led St Mirren to promotion playing fine football. He would have done ok at Town, we certainly would have got more than 32 points under him.

He always looked a better bet than Hurst.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Scunthorpe bottom of the league on 06:47 - Aug 12 with 1639 viewsm14_blue

The other bright young manager from the lower leagues, Nathan Jones, is also proving an unmitigated disaster at Stoke so far.

Makes you realise why so many chairmen stick with tried and tested journeymen from the managerial merry go round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024