Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm no fan of Man U 19:31 - Aug 11 with 2227 viewsDarth_Koont

And I think Lampard is a nice guy.

But would be quite happy to see him fall on his @rse. I know we're living in a non-expert age but seems utterly ridiculous to give such an inexperienced manager and coach one of the biggest jobs in football.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm no fan of Man U on 19:33 - Aug 11 with 2202 viewsElderGrizzly

Tactically naive was a common criticism last season, leaving themselves (Derby) too open.

It seems he is at least consistent
I'm no fan of Man U on 20:02 - Aug 11 with 2077 viewsFtnfwest

I think he’s only got it because they are under embargo and therefore there’s a bit of an excuse if they don’t do well. Either way whether that means they would persist with him or not once they are out of embargo I don’t know. The result flattered united though today. Deserved to win because they were more clinical but Chelsea were well on top for long periods. Tammy Abraham is a decent player but not sure he can lead the line for a supposed top 4 club
I'm no fan of Man U on 20:04 - Aug 11 with 2070 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I will be happier watching Frank Lampard's Chelsea fall on its arse!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 2052 viewsITFCBlues

I'm no fan of Man U on 19:33 - Aug 11 by ElderGrizzly

Tactically naive was a common criticism last season, leaving themselves (Derby) too open.

It seems he is at least consistent

Tactically naive taking them to the brink of promotion 😂😂😂

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:19 - Aug 11 with 1999 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:08 - Aug 11 by ITFCBlues

Tactically naive taking them to the brink of promotion 😂😂😂

Yeah, the reason they didn’t get promotion despite having one of the most expensive squads in the league.

Was the view of a large number of their fans on forums/social media
I'm no fan of Man U on 20:41 - Aug 11 with 1922 viewsITFCBlues

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:19 - Aug 11 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, the reason they didn’t get promotion despite having one of the most expensive squads in the league.

Was the view of a large number of their fans on forums/social media

Only they didn't have one of the most expensive squads last season. They had a decent side, but nothing like previous years.

A play-off final in your only season as a manager isn't bad I'd say..

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:45 - Aug 11 with 1905 viewsipswichheritage

I’m certainly not anti-Chelsea, in fact I used to class them as my designated Prem team until a couple of years ago. I don’t ‘follow’ any of them now..

I too think it’s madness that Lampard has been given as you state one of the biggest managerial roles going. I reckon o could have got Derby in the play offs last season based on their squad and wage bill - so it takes little management skill to guide a well oiled top 8 team into the play off. Auto promotion would have been a minor achievement - but play offs and subsequent lack of promotion is just run of the mill expectation for Derby.

Take Sol Campbell - learning his trade at the bottom. Lampard was parachuted into a glory tole as his first. I wonder if they’d have taken Frank if he HAD have got the job at our place last season. His record wouldn’t have been anything like Derby’s figures..
I'm no fan of Man U on 21:26 - Aug 11 with 1800 viewsstonojnr

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:41 - Aug 11 by ITFCBlues

Only they didn't have one of the most expensive squads last season. They had a decent side, but nothing like previous years.

if Town had spent as much as Derby did, promotion would have been the minimum expectation, dont ever forget that.

Frank gets excused for alot because the press like him, even today though Sarri's Chelsea would have been absolutely crucified by them for losing 4-0 to Man Utd, they are still all saying he's absolutely right for the job and was just unluckly, Eurosport even had him down as saying it was his first game as a manager...

my view hasnt changed it was too soon, its going to go wrong, but next game is that lot up the road, so I hope he sorts it out for one game at least ;)
Login to get fewer ads

I'm no fan of Man U on 22:17 - Aug 11 with 1688 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Could well be a case of BCWYWF for Chelsea...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'm no fan of Man U on 23:46 - Aug 11 with 1555 viewspatrickswell

As you say, Lampard is a nice guy and I wish him well. It’s if the day comes that it ever changes to John Terry’s Chelsea that I will be in hysterics over any Chelsea defeat.
I'm no fan of Man U on 11:40 - Aug 12 with 1287 viewshaynes_toe1

I'm no fan of Man U on 20:41 - Aug 11 by ITFCBlues

Oh I don't know, Derby had a massive wage-bill and some fantastic talent in that side, including a couple of Loanee's that only Lampard would have been able to get in the Championship.

Not getting promoted ahead of the likes of Sheff Utd and Norwich is a major failure for them...again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024