Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton approach 19:49 - Aug 11 with 4073 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Much as i think we could beat them and would be nice break the cup hoodoo i think we are too depleted and thin as a squad to risk it! Id go something like:

Norris
Donacian Chambo Wilson Clements
Huws Dozzell Judge
El Mizouni Jackson Roberts

Huws no more than 60 and Judge similar maybe 70.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Luton approach on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 3998 viewsSitfcB

Break the cup hoodoo?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Luton approach on 22:07 - Aug 11 with 3824 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Luton approach on 20:03 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

Break the cup hoodoo?

ummm yes as in win a game! Unless i've gone made we've been knocked out at the first attempt for years now!

Luton approach on 23:57 - Aug 11 with 3752 viewspointofblue

Perhaps Ndaba for Chambers if we want to rest the first XI. Plus surely Emmanuel will get a run out at right back?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luton approach on 02:06 - Aug 12 with 3700 viewsFPL_Tractor

Luton approach on 23:57 - Aug 11 by pointofblue

Perhaps Ndaba for Chambers if we want to rest the first XI. Plus surely Emmanuel will get a run out at right back?

Yeah I’d make 10 changes with only Jackson staying in the starting XI. If Judge plays would probably depend on how he pulls up. Personally I’d play a stronger team in the trading.com thing as we have a chance of winning that.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Luton approach on 02:21 - Aug 12 with 3697 viewshorsehollerer

Luton approach on 22:07 - Aug 11 by Terry_Nutkins

ummm yes as in win a game! Unless i've gone made we've been knocked out at the first attempt for years now!

2017-18 in the first round we won 2-0 away to plucky League Two outfit Luton Town with a brace from current Premier League striker David McGoldrick – one of 5 wins in a row to start the season. Sigh.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Luton approach on 05:32 - Aug 12 with 3653 viewsSitfcB

Luton approach on 22:07 - Aug 11 by Terry_Nutkins

We won in this competition only two years ago.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Luton approach on 10:40 - Aug 12 with 3473 viewsmonty_radio

Team seems about right, but as to "cup hoodoo", that phrase was coined back in the 50s when Wembley finals were marred by a succession of match-ending injuries which, with no subs, reduced the whole nation's chances of witnessing a special match - it was the one live game available to all on telly.

Town, on the other hand, have been dragged to murky Tuesday night destinations by a manager who didn't, by-and-large, rate the cup competitions, as witnessed by half-hearted selections in order to save ourselves for the Saturday big 'un such as Burton at home, which we still didn't always manage to win.

Not to mention the hundreds of difficult fan journeys to dark places that got still darker when the teamsheet was read out. Hardly a hoodoo.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Luton approach on 10:47 - Aug 12 with 3442 viewsGeoffSentence

Luton approach on 05:32 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

We have got past the 1st round of the league cup twice in 6 years, and haven't won at all in the FA Cup in the last 9 years.

Three wins in our last twenty cup games.

I make cup hoodoo right.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Luton approach on 10:49 - Aug 12 with 3436 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm not that arsed.

I think we could do with avoiding a mass fixture pile up & I'd rather us take the checkatrade more seriously as we have a more realistic chance of winning it.

Obviously it would be nice to win tomorrow but for me I'd be happy if we got more minutes into the likes of Judge, Huws etc & come through it without further injuries. Basically a glorified pre season friendly.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 10:50]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Luton approach on 10:52 - Aug 12 with 3413 viewsGeoffSentence

Luton approach on 10:49 - Aug 12 by Reuser_is_God

I'm not that arsed.

I think we could do with avoiding a mass fixture pile up & I'd rather us take the checkatrade more seriously as we have a more realistic chance of winning it.

Obviously it would be nice to win tomorrow but for me I'd be happy if we got more minutes into the likes of Judge, Huws etc & come through it without further injuries. Basically a glorified pre season friendly.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 10:50]

It's the Leasing.com Trophy now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Luton approach on 10:52 - Aug 12 with 3411 viewsWestcountryblue

I think that'll be close to how we line up.

Emmanuel at RB, Donacien moved across to CB, Kenlock to start, but apart from that i can see Huws, Dozzell and Judge all playing.
Luton approach on 11:03 - Aug 12 with 3369 viewsMrTown

Norris
Emmanuel / Chambers / Wilson / Clements
Dozzell / Huws
Mizouni / Judge / Dobra
Roberts

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Luton approach on 11:05 - Aug 12 with 3363 viewsMJR101

Luton approach on 10:52 - Aug 12 by GeoffSentence

It's the Leasing.com Trophy now.

So not even a glorified friendly?
Luton approach on 11:35 - Aug 12 with 3311 viewshaynes_toe1

Why not go with a strong team? After the draw yesterday getting a win would keep or improve confidence. A loss, particularly if it ended up being a bad one, would seem to stop our momentum a little (if we have any)
Luton approach on 11:43 - Aug 12 with 3291 viewsElephantintheRoom

Cup hoodoo? Surely that myth assumes Town have tried to win a cup tie in recent memory? And you then add to the nonsense by proposing a reserve team against their probable reserve team in a tie both teams will attempt to lose. More farce than hoodoo.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Luton approach on 11:47 - Aug 12 with 3275 viewsKieran_Knows

Norris
Emmanuel Chambers Wilson Kenlock
Huws Dozzell
El Mizouni Judge Roberts
Jackson

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Luton approach on 11:51 - Aug 12 with 3267 viewsTractorCam

Luton approach on 05:32 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

Against the same opposition who were 2 divisions lower than us!

How depressing when you read it like that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Luton approach on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 3219 viewsThatMuhrenCross

For me it's about giving minutes to the players that need them most, but I wouldn't completely rip our team apart. My line up would be:

Norris

Donacien, Chambers, Ndaba, Kenlock

Dozzell, Huws

El Mizouni, Judge, Roberts

Norwood

A great chance for Norris to stake his claim. The game couldn't come around quick enough for Chambers to go in and put Saturday behind him. Ndaba isn't far away from the first team, so a chance to put his name into contention, and Kenlock will only benefit from minutes at this stage of his career.

Dozzell is desperately short of minutes lately and really needs to start proving something, while it's another opportunity for Huws to get closer to full match fitness. El Mizouni looked good in pre-season, so this is a chance to build on that. Judge and Roberts both looked off the pace at the weekend, but could be crucial for us if they could discover a bit of form.

Norwood is still adjusting to a higher level of football, but as a striker he'll be itching to get out there and try and find his goalscoring form. A goal against Championship opposition would be huge for him.

Can't wait for this game. It'll be a great measure of how far we've come from last season.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Luton approach on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 3194 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Luton approach on 10:40 - Aug 12 by monty_radio

Team seems about right, but as to "cup hoodoo", that phrase was coined back in the 50s when Wembley finals were marred by a succession of match-ending injuries which, with no subs, reduced the whole nation's chances of witnessing a special match - it was the one live game available to all on telly.

Town, on the other hand, have been dragged to murky Tuesday night destinations by a manager who didn't, by-and-large, rate the cup competitions, as witnessed by half-hearted selections in order to save ourselves for the Saturday big 'un such as Burton at home, which we still didn't always manage to win.

Not to mention the hundreds of difficult fan journeys to dark places that got still darker when the teamsheet was read out. Hardly a hoodoo.

I really wasnt expecting 'Cup Hoodoo' line to be so controversial or take up such importance in this thread haha. I'm happy to retract 'cup hoodoo'. Just wondered what people thought team wise.

My back four was based on chambers on playing once and Donacian needing to bed into that RB slot. Wilson needs minutes in his legs.

Luton approach on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 3069 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I'd go 4-2-3-1

Norris
Emmanuel - Wilson - Ndaba - Clements
Dozzell - Huws
El Mizouni - Judge - Dobra
Roberts

Bench:
Wright
Donacien
Chambers
Skuse