Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet 09:07 - Aug 12 with 6150 viewslowhouseblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

her alternative ideas are an emergency cabinet in which no one has a beard or an emergency cabinet in which no one has an allotment.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:09 - Aug 12 with 3639 viewsBigManBlue

I hope I'm using this term in the right way but seems like peak virtue-signalling.

She, as prominent part of the opposition to Brexit, needs to be talking to all likeminded people and coming up with proper solutions, not promoting pointless division over a topic that isn't really linked to the issue at hand in any way.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:11 - Aug 12 with 3626 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Big own goal for her there.

Not acceptable in this day and age.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:14 - Aug 12 with 3604 viewschicoazul

I like the fact its basically a white supremacist cabinet. I love the fact Lewis calls her out on this and she goes "Oh yes we need some blacks too!!!!"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:23 - Aug 12 with 3570 viewsfooters

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:14 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

I like the fact its basically a white supremacist cabinet. I love the fact Lewis calls her out on this and she goes "Oh yes we need some blacks too!!!!"

As a white woman in her early 20s, I can see absolutely no problem with this.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:26 - Aug 12 with 3562 viewsBigManBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:23 - Aug 12 by footers

As a white woman in her early 20s, I can see absolutely no problem with this.

20s! Pull the other one...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:31 - Aug 12 with 3549 viewsm14_blue

That’s just plain bizarre.
caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:35 - Aug 12 with 3534 views26_Paz

This is what the good people trying to secure a proper Brexit are up against. I'm honestly concerned for her mental health.

The Paz Man

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:41 - Aug 12 with 3517 viewslowhouseblue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:35 - Aug 12 by 26_Paz

This is what the good people trying to secure a proper Brexit are up against. I'm honestly concerned for her mental health.

she is, in a fairly odd way, responding to the dilemma facing remainer mps. their only way of blocking a hard brexit is a government of national unity. but no one else will join a gnu if it has corbyn in it and corbyn won't back it if he doesn't lead it. therefore how do you form a corbynless gnu?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:51 - Aug 12 with 3480 views26_Paz

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:41 - Aug 12 by lowhouseblue

she is, in a fairly odd way, responding to the dilemma facing remainer mps. their only way of blocking a hard brexit is a government of national unity. but no one else will join a gnu if it has corbyn in it and corbyn won't back it if he doesn't lead it. therefore how do you form a corbynless gnu?

I don't know but I will tell you how you don't form a government of unity and that's by automatically excluding 68% of MPs from being a part of it ...

The Paz Man

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:53 - Aug 12 with 3473 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 09:41 - Aug 12 by lowhouseblue

You ask a moose?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:13 - Aug 12 with 3427 viewsStokieBlue

It's not exactly representative of the population at large is it.

It's a very odd idea, hard to see how she could justify it as being any better than the old days of entirely white male cabinets.

Huge own goal for me.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:23 - Aug 12 with 3395 viewsDanTheMan

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:13 - Aug 12 by StokieBlue

It's not exactly representative of the population at large is it.

It's a very odd idea, hard to see how she could justify it as being any better than the old days of entirely white male cabinets.

Huge own goal for me.

SB

I really can't understand the thinking behind it. And even from a political point of view, she had to have known how it would go down.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:34 - Aug 12 with 3365 viewsSarge

I find this quote odd:

“Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions."

She knows we’ve had Theresa May as PM negotiating brexit and utterly failing on all those counts, doesn’t she?
caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:43 - Aug 12 with 3338 viewsStokieBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:23 - Aug 12 by DanTheMan

I really can't understand the thinking behind it. And even from a political point of view, she had to have known how it would go down.

Agreed.

If one were cynical then the conclusion that she sees it as her chance to grab a bit of power might arise and perhaps she thinks that going down this route would make it more likely.

It certainly won't though, if anything it'll have the opposite effect.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:46 - Aug 12 with 3330 viewsjeera

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:34 - Aug 12 by Sarge

I find this quote odd:

“Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions."

She knows we’ve had Theresa May as PM negotiating brexit and utterly failing on all those counts, doesn’t she?

She clearly didn't grow up with sisters.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:48 - Aug 12 with 3325 viewsfooters

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 10:34 - Aug 12 by Sarge

I find this quote odd:

Thatcher was known for being extremely collaborative and tolerant of others' views.

Then again, she wasn't actually human.

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 11:09 - Aug 12 with 3264 viewscaught-in-limbo

When people say stuff like this, it tells you one of two things:

a) they are frighteningly out of touch and a bit stupid, or
b) they are under pressure to say something stupid like this
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 11:18]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 11:19 - Aug 12 with 3237 viewstabletopjoe

Just your daily reminder that the left reserve their right to be sexist. Nothing to see here

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 11:29 - Aug 12 with 3209 viewsm14_blue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 11:19 - Aug 12 by tabletopjoe

Just your daily reminder that the left reserve their right to be sexist. Nothing to see here

What was yesterday’s reminder?
caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 11:36 - Aug 12 with 3188 viewsfooters

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 11:29 - Aug 12 by m14_blue

What was yesterday’s reminder?

"I'm a weird right-wing fcknut" I think.

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:16 - Aug 12 with 3110 viewsgiant_stow

Silly girl - hasn't she seen how women behave together?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 3108 viewssparks

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:16 - Aug 12 by giant_stow

Silly girl - hasn't she seen how women behave together?!

Just imagine if Boris put together an all male brexit committee on the basis that the issue needs to be addressed from a more rational and less emotive perspective...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:28 - Aug 12 with 3078 viewsgiant_stow

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:17 - Aug 12 by sparks

Just imagine if Boris put together an all male brexit committee on the basis that the issue needs to be addressed from a more rational and less emotive perspective...

Indeed. Its also amusing how she comes up with this divisive plan to cure a divisive situation.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:34 - Aug 12 with 3051 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sounds like a PR stunt to me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:38 - Aug 12 with 3042 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is how you get the public to accept something they might otherwise resist.

So, instead of this:

A:Let's allow all night drinking and live music in pubs at weekends.
B: Never going to happen! Antisocial. Too much noise.

You get this:

A: Let's introduce all night drinking and live music in pubs at weekends for white, heterosexuals only.
B: Shocking discrimination! What about the LGBTQ++ community too?
C: And BAME!
A: Crikey, I hadn't thought about BAME.
B: Exactly! Wake up and get with the times. There should be late night drinking and live music for everyone! We're a modern all inclusive country.
A: All right then. I suppose so.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024