Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet 09:07 - Aug 12 with 6166 viewslowhouseblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

her alternative ideas are an emergency cabinet in which no one has a beard or an emergency cabinet in which no one has an allotment.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:45 - Aug 12 with 1998 viewssparks

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:38 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

This is how you get the public to accept something they might otherwise resist.

So, instead of this:

A:Let's allow all night drinking and live music in pubs at weekends.
B: Never going to happen! Antisocial. Too much noise.

You get this:

A: Let's introduce all night drinking and live music in pubs at weekends for white, heterosexuals only.
B: Shocking discrimination! What about the LGBTQ++ community too?
C: And BAME!
A: Crikey, I hadn't thought about BAME.
B: Exactly! Wake up and get with the times. There should be late night drinking and live music for everyone! We're a modern all inclusive country.
A: All right then. I suppose so.

What?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 13:07 - Aug 12 with 1964 viewstabletopjoe

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:38 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

So, instead of this:

You get this:

A: Let's introduce all night drinking and live music in pubs at weekends for white, heterosexuals only.
B: Exactly! Wake up and get with the times. There should be late night drinking and live music for everyone! We're a modern all inclusive country.

Don’t forget the C++ community. People have been mocking them for years

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 13:31 - Aug 12 with 1932 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, instead of this:

You get this:

This analogy doesn't work with what Lucas has proposed, unless I'm missing something.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 13:52 - Aug 12 with 1896 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 13:31 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

This analogy doesn't work with what Lucas has proposed, unless I'm missing something.

Maybe you're right, but that would depend on why you think it doesn't work with Lucas' proposal?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:11 - Aug 12 with 1868 viewsBrixtonBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 13:52 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

Maybe you're right, but that would depend on why you think it doesn't work with Lucas' proposal?

What are they trying to get the public to accept here?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:15 - Aug 12 with 1864 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:11 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

What are they trying to get the public to accept here?

I'm not too sure what the ultimate goal is but I'm sure it's not an all white women emergency cabinet.

#toxic

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:21 - Aug 12 with 1855 viewsBrixtonBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:15 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not too sure what the ultimate goal is but I'm sure it's not an all white women emergency cabinet.

No, as I said it's a PR stunt.

In your analogy you can see what is to be gained from the approach. Same as you, I can't see what an "ultimate goal" Lucas' statement might have. If you don't know what your own analogy is alluding to then it's pretty meaningless.

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:30 - Aug 12 with 1839 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:21 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

No, as I said it's a PR stunt.

In your analogy you can see what is to be gained from the approach. Same as you, I can't see what an "ultimate goal" Lucas' statement might have. If you don't know what your own analogy is alluding to then it's pretty meaningless.

But my analogy isn't about knowing what the ultimate goal is. It's almost the complete opposite. My analogy is about deflecting from the ultimate goal with another deliberately contentious issue which serves as a stepping stone to a different goal. If everyone knew what the ultimate goal was, it probably wouldn't come to pass. Furthermore, anyone one who might happen to see where it's all leading to can simply be labelled a conspiracy theorist, and then those waving the pitchforks will almost will the plan into action.

EDIT: What do you think it's a PR stunt for?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 14:31]

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:34 - Aug 12 with 1832 viewsBrixtonBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:30 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

But my analogy isn't about knowing what the ultimate goal is. It's almost the complete opposite. My analogy is about deflecting from the ultimate goal with another deliberately contentious issue which serves as a stepping stone to a different goal. If everyone knew what the ultimate goal was, it probably wouldn't come to pass. Furthermore, anyone one who might happen to see where it's all leading to can simply be labelled a conspiracy theorist, and then those waving the pitchforks will almost will the plan into action.

As I said, the analogy you laid out has a goal laid out. If you can't think of a goal in this instance then it's just pointless conspiracy bowlocks.

The PR stunt is for the Green Party, pretty obviously.

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:41 - Aug 12 with 1820 viewsDarkHorse

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:30 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:44 - Aug 12 with 1815 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:34 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

As I said, the analogy you laid out has a goal laid out. If you can't think of a goal in this instance then it's just pointless conspiracy bowlocks.

The PR stunt is for the Green Party, pretty obviously.

I gave you the ultimate goal to explain the analogy. The whole point is that the ultimate goal is not known to those outside the group, pretty obviously.

As for the PR stunt being for the Green Party. I'd never considered shooting yourself in the foot as a form of promotion.

#toxic

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:46 - Aug 12 with 1807 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, instead of this:

You get this:

That makes no sense.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:49 - Aug 12 with 1800 viewsBrixtonBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:44 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

I gave you the ultimate goal to explain the analogy. The whole point is that the ultimate goal is not known to those outside the group, pretty obviously.

As for the PR stunt being for the Green Party. I'd never considered shooting yourself in the foot as a form of promotion.

You'd need to have a VAGUE idea of what is to be gained, if there is something to be gained.

I never said it was a GOOD PR stunt. I agree with Stokers and others that it looks like a big shot in the foot. However, the Greens are being talked about.

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:54 - Aug 12 with 1787 views26_Paz

So, instead of this:

You get this:

I just don't understand this at all.

The Paz Man

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:57 - Aug 12 with 1782 viewsSpruceMoose

So, instead of this:

You get this:

Lol. You're nuts.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:58 - Aug 12 with 1778 viewsStokieBlue

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:44 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

"I gave you the ultimate goal to explain the analogy. The whole point is that the ultimate goal is not known to those outside the group, pretty obviously."

This is an excellent way in which to approach a conspiracy theory. It allows the goal posts to be infinitely shifted if the previously alleged goal is ever discounted.

It also makes the whole thing totally unfalsifiable which is also an excellent place to be for the conspiracy theorist.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:59 - Aug 12 with 1775 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:49 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

You'd need to have a VAGUE idea of what is to be gained, if there is something to be gained.

I never said it was a GOOD PR stunt. I agree with Stokers and others that it looks like a big shot in the foot. However, the Greens are being talked about.

"You'd need to have a VAGUE idea of what is to be gained, if there is something to be gained. "

Really? Let's say I wanted to get into your house to see if you had anything worth nicking. I wouldn't want to give you the vaguest clue about my intentions. In fact, I'd probably invent a reason where you would welcome me into your house and voluntarily show me every room.

"I never said it was a GOOD PR stunt... However, the Greens are being talked about."

Ahhhh, you must be referring to the old marketing saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity". By that logic, I'm sure Corbyn is loving all the talking about he gets in connection with being labelled an anti-semite.

#toxic

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:59 - Aug 12 with 1775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Woman who voted three times against a deal which would have seen the U.K. leave in an orderly fashion and be tied to the customs union indefinitely, now panicking about leaving with no deal.

You couldn’t make it up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 15:12 - Aug 12 with 1762 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:58 - Aug 12 by StokieBlue

"I gave you the ultimate goal to explain the analogy. The whole point is that the ultimate goal is not known to those outside the group, pretty obviously."

This is an excellent way in which to approach a conspiracy theory. It allows the goal posts to be infinitely shifted if the previously alleged goal is ever discounted.

It also makes the whole thing totally unfalsifiable which is also an excellent place to be for the conspiracy theorist.

SB

I agree with what you're saying, but I'm not trying to uncover a specific conspiracy.

I really don't think a woman of Caroline Lucas' position is really going to go on to the BBC and suggest something so completely stupid. Imagine if Diane Abbot suggested forming an all black women emergency cabinet. That would be the last of several nails in her credibility coffin for her. Do you not think Lucas passed the idea by a few other people and first to check the water? Or are you going for... "what a gaff! Well, it is the Greens, isn't it."?

Perhaps I AM missing something. Is it "Take Everybody at Face Value Day" in Britain today?

#toxic

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 15:15 - Aug 12 with 1753 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:54 - Aug 12 by 26_Paz

I just don't understand this at all.

That's fine. Most people need canned laughter to help them along with comedy programmes too.

#toxic

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 15:21 - Aug 12 with 1738 viewsBluedandy

In all seriousness a mixed gender/non binary but entirely gay emergency cabinet would be preferable.
caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:26 - Aug 13 with 1615 views26_Paz

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 15:15 - Aug 12 by caught-in-limbo

That's fine. Most people need canned laughter to help them along with comedy programmes too.

Nobody needs canned laughter when you're trying to make a point son.

The Paz Man

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:39 - Aug 13 with 1591 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think she has any ultimate aim. I think she just genuinely didn't see anything wrong with suggesting this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:03 - Aug 13 with 1547 viewstabletopjoe

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:39 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

I don't think she has any ultimate aim. I think she just genuinely didn't see anything wrong with suggesting this.

Remember, any feminist will defend to the death your right to agree with her. Disagree, and she’ll call the police.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 14:05 - Aug 13 with 1547 viewscaught-in-limbo

caroline lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet on 12:39 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

I'm surprised by that. I had assumed that it was a golden rule among politicians not to identify any person's gender or sexuality and to a large degree race and skin colour.

I'm also surprised that following the last 3 years of UK politics, people still can't see that it's little more than an elaborate Punch & Judy Show.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024