Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? 19:59 - Aug 12 with 7271 viewstrulyblue

Those rubbish box trains are normally only 2 or 3 carriages long and with 3,000+ tickets sold surely its gonna cause a big problem..... Bring back the football specials.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:04 - Aug 12 with 5294 viewslinhdi

3 carriages max. More likely 2. Gonna be a crush.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:11 - Aug 12 with 5260 viewsTractorWood

Will be awful. Was hoping to get on at Bury but will be pointless trying.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:21 - Aug 12 with 5213 viewstextbackup

getting there will be ok, home shortly after will be the issue

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:27 - Aug 12 with 5198 viewslmfcblue

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:11 - Aug 12 by TractorWood

Will be awful. Was hoping to get on at Bury but will be pointless trying.

Ive booked 2 train tickets from Bury
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:31 - Aug 12 with 5188 viewsElderGrizzly

Head to Ely and get the train to Peterborough from there.

At least 3 an hour
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:36 - Aug 12 with 5153 viewsTractorWood

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:31 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

At least 3 an hour

Cheers. Look much better. Will be doing this.

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 5086 viewsITFC_Forever

All aboard.

Or rather, some aboard and tough luck for the others.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 5096 viewsEatonBlue

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:31 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

At least 3 an hour

Deleted
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 22:30]
Login to get fewer ads

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:05 - Aug 12 with 5092 viewsEastTownBlue

At least 3 an hour

Note that East Midlands Trains are not operating on this route on Saturday due to industrial action. The alternative is the Cross Country services from Cambridge.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 5065 viewsEastTownBlue

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:27 - Aug 12 by lmfcblue

It will take longer but you will be able to travel via Cambridge.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:10 - Aug 12 with 5065 viewsSitfcB

I messaged them...

Do you know if you will be putting on special trains or extra carriages to Peterborough from Ipswich on Aug 17th?? 3000+ Ipswich fans travelling to Peterborough for football!! I hope GA are aware and planning!

They replied...

Hi Stephen. Unfortunately we do not have the spare trains, drivers and conductors to be able to guarantee to operate additional services. We will however try and put an extra coach on the booked cross country services. EC

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:42 - Aug 12 with 4970 viewswaveneyblue

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:10 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

I messaged them...

Do you know if you will be putting on special trains or extra carriages to Peterborough from Ipswich on Aug 17th?? 3000+ Ipswich fans travelling to Peterborough for football!! I hope GA are aware and planning!

They replied...

Hi Stephen. Unfortunately we do not have the spare trains, drivers and conductors to be able to guarantee to operate additional services. We will however try and put an extra coach on the booked cross country services. EC

Crap. I've booked from Norwich... can't remember seeing anything about industrial action. Just looked and they say nothing is running between Norwich and Nottingham but are still booking tickets ????
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 22:32 - Aug 12 with 4842 viewsITFC_Forever

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:10 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

I messaged them...

They replied...

Sounds too much like hard work.

I’m going to drive.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 23:15 - Aug 12 with 4776 viewsstonojnr

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:04 - Aug 12 by linhdi

3 carriages max. More likely 2. Gonna be a crush.

2 if you are lucky, theyve been so short of working trains lately, and that was before they lost a couple more at the weekend after they'd hit trees brought down by the wind, hence why both Sudbury/Felixstowe lines were partial bus replacement today,

that the 1 carriage train more associated with that Ipswich to Felixstowe line has been known to fill in all the way to Peterborough from Ipswich at the weekend on one of the services.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 05:48 - Aug 13 with 4636 viewsbrogansnose

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:36 - Aug 12 by TractorWood

Cheers. Look much better. Will be doing this.

Even these will be busy, may be easier to get one from Cambridge because a lot of people will be connecting at Ely. The train from Cambridge heading up to Burton way was very busy the other week but at least you can get on.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 06:18 - Aug 13 with 4609 viewsTractorWood

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 05:48 - Aug 13 by brogansnose

Even these will be busy, may be easier to get one from Cambridge because a lot of people will be connecting at Ely. The train from Cambridge heading up to Burton way was very busy the other week but at least you can get on.

The trains I'd get from Ely only connect through Cambridge as they go Stansted to Nottingham. They will still be busy but I just want to avoid the Ipswich, Bury direct service as it will be mobbed. These services all stop at Cambridge anyway.

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 07:18 - Aug 13 with 4522 viewswoodbridge_blue

Bit of a drastic solution but via London might be the most comfortable way to go.....not sure how the cost compares though?
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 07:40 - Aug 13 with 4485 viewsSteve_M

It's going to be an absolute mess towards Ipswich isn't it? Definitely a logic in staying for a few beers after the match instead of trying to force your way onto a tiny train at 17:50.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 07:46 - Aug 13 with 4456 viewsbluelagos

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 07:40 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

It's going to be an absolute mess towards Ipswich isn't it? Definitely a logic in staying for a few beers after the match instead of trying to force your way onto a tiny train at 17:50.

Man City v Spuds is the 5.30 game, so not a bad call.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 07:55 - Aug 13 with 4436 viewstractorboy1978

The train to Peterborough the last time we played them was the worst journey I’ve ever had. Standing, packed in like sardines, boiling hot, couldn’t move and a horrific stench of BO. Will be driving this time.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:22 - Aug 13 with 4307 viewsunbelievablue

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 07:40 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

3 of us going from London and quite fancy watching Spurs City in Posh. Anywhere good for watching footy, do we know?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:27 - Aug 13 with 4294 viewsElderGrizzly

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 21:05 - Aug 12 by EastTownBlue

Note that East Midlands Trains are not operating on this route on Saturday due to industrial action. The alternative is the Cross Country services from Cambridge.

Cross Country comes through Ely on the way to Birmingham
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:29 - Aug 13 with 4286 viewsIP33

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 20:27 - Aug 12 by lmfcblue

Snap. Balls.
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:33 - Aug 13 with 4271 viewslmfcblue

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:29 - Aug 13 by IP33

Snap. Balls.

will get an earlier one i reckon
What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:50 - Aug 13 with 4219 viewsTractorWood

What's the craic with Peterborough trains on Saturday? on 09:27 - Aug 13 by ElderGrizzly

Cross Country comes through Ely on the way to Birmingham

Is there anywhere to get a pint near Ely station that you would recommend? The Cutter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024