Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game 20:25 - Aug 12 with 3947 viewsDubtractor

For the 7-1 game I was at Green Man festival, had just settled down for a festival dump (traumatic enough) at about 5pm, and fired up the phone to check the scores. A traumatic situation gone bad.

This weekend I'm at Green Man festival......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:30 - Aug 12 with 3895 viewsblustutu

I was at green man then as well. I got a text with score then my son got stung by a wasp. I’m not there this year so there’s hope.
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:30 - Aug 12 with 3891 viewsMattinLondon

You should take a good long hard look at yourself then.
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:31 - Aug 12 with 3879 viewstiptreeblue

Little Braxted?
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:33 - Aug 12 with 3871 viewsSomethingBlue

Same here but for the Edinburgh Fringe ... hope I'm in something particularly funny around 4.50pm this time.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:34 - Aug 12 with 3869 viewsFootballpete

I left the hotel bar just after we went 1-0 up, switched off my phone and got engaged. When I switched my phone back on I had numerous texts taking the p*ss. Put something of a dampener on the evening.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:37 - Aug 12 with 3845 viewstextbackup

we were at V festival, mate looked at phone and said "you want the good news or bad news"..... he gave me the score, must have been 5 or 6..... I didn't even ask the good news after that as at the exact same time we heard some Norwich fans cheer and shout out the score.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:41 - Aug 12 with 3828 viewsSitfcB

Someone said the other day that they had lost their two previous league games as well...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:58 - Aug 12 with 3769 viewslongtimefan

That game was the day of the Ipswich Maritime Festival. Guess what’s on this weekend
Login to get fewer ads

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 3723 viewsBLUEBEAT

The match took place on a Saturday. Guess what day it’s on this week...

Poll: W or W

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:09 - Aug 12 with 3714 viewsSitfcB

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:07 - Aug 12 by BLUEBEAT

The match took place on a Saturday. Guess what day it’s on this week...

All of these are void mind you, as the game that day kicked off at 17:20!

COYB

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:12 - Aug 12 with 3702 viewsMaySixth

Did you go the Green Man last year wearing an ITFC top?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:12 - Aug 12 with 3706 viewsSteve_M

Nah, I spent the day before at The Oval watching Pietersen and Bell put about 350 runs on together against India. That won't be happening this weekend.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:17 - Aug 12 with 3690 viewsLevelTheLand

Just to be pedantic, your dump would’ve been later than 5 as I’m pretty sure it was a late kick off? I was at a festival as well, and I’m pretty certain I had to wait later for our result...

But, like you, I too had already made the festival/Peterborough connection.

Edit: Sitters beat me to it.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 21:18]
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:23 - Aug 12 with 3660 viewsjeera

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:30 - Aug 12 by blustutu

I was at green man then as well. I got a text with score then my son got stung by a wasp. I’m not there this year so there’s hope.

Makes you wonder if the wasp will be there again this year.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:26 - Aug 12 with 3671 viewsBlueBadger

I'd had a f*cker of a working day. The lad I'd been struggling with all day was sinking fast but I'd been relieved for my break and I managed to cobble together enough phone signal to get the score and see that we were 1-0 up. With renewed enthusiasm I went back to work, and the young chap in his 30's promptly went into cardiac arrest and eventually died after a CPR attempt that lasted nearly an hour.
One of the worst, most upsetting discussions with family I'd ever sat in on(the lad's wife was 4 months pregnant) followed and my boss relieved me for a 10 minute 'get your head together' cuppa. Whilst said cuppa was brewing I checked the(now final) score.
I think I actually burst out laughing because it was the icing on a brutally sh1tty cake and it was either that or howl like a baby for an hour.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 9:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:33 - Aug 12 with 3624 viewsDubtractor

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:09 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

All of these are void mind you, as the game that day kicked off at 17:20!

To be fair, I was mis-remembering the time. It was just after the game ended, I know that much!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:38 - Aug 12 with 3603 viewsIllinoisblue

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:26 - Aug 12 by BlueBadger

I'd had a f*cker of a working day. The lad I'd been struggling with all day was sinking fast but I'd been relieved for my break and I managed to cobble together enough phone signal to get the score and see that we were 1-0 up. With renewed enthusiasm I went back to work, and the young chap in his 30's promptly went into cardiac arrest and eventually died after a CPR attempt that lasted nearly an hour.
One of the worst, most upsetting discussions with family I'd ever sat in on(the lad's wife was 4 months pregnant) followed and my boss relieved me for a 10 minute 'get your head together' cuppa. Whilst said cuppa was brewing I checked the(now final) score.
I think I actually burst out laughing because it was the icing on a brutally sh1tty cake and it was either that or howl like a baby for an hour.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 9:57]

damn, that's put it into perspective and then some.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:44 - Aug 12 with 3581 viewsFunge

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 20:37 - Aug 12 by textbackup

we were at V festival, mate looked at phone and said "you want the good news or bad news"..... he gave me the score, must have been 5 or 6..... I didn't even ask the good news after that as at the exact same time we heard some Norwich fans cheer and shout out the score.

I had tickets, but got to bed at 7 am after basically deciding to get absolutely off my lips the night before, for no particular reason.

Woke up at 11 am, had a huge comedown-infused panic attack, and told my lot that I couldn't make it. General bewilderment followed from them, along with copious amounts of pisstaking. Got rid of my ticket to a mate, and received numerous text messages telling me what a brilliant time they were all having, up until about 35 minutes into the first half.

Well, we all know the rest.

Lee Martin is a sensational prick.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 21:45]
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:52 - Aug 12 with 3548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:33 - Aug 12 by Dubtractor

To be fair, I was mis-remembering the time. It was just after the game ended, I know that much!

To be fair you shouldn't really remember any of it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 22:36 - Aug 12 with 3436 viewsDubtractor

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:12 - Aug 12 by MaySixth

Did you go the Green Man last year wearing an ITFC top?

Not guilty. I was there last year though.

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 09:17 - Aug 13 with 3211 viewsSitfcB

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 21:33 - Aug 12 by Dubtractor

I meant void as in, the jinxes are void and we shall run out 7-1 WINNERS this time

COYB

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 09:19 - Aug 13 with 3203 viewsDubtractor

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 09:17 - Aug 13 by SitfcB

I meant void as in, the jinxes are void and we shall run out 7-1 WINNERS this time

Good call!

Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 09:26 - Aug 13 with 3182 viewsBluedandy

Don't have a dump or find someone who is extremely Posh and dump on them... it will reverse the jinx automatically and we will win 7-1...
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 09:47 - Aug 13 with 3149 viewsbrazil1982

I was there unfortunately, took the train from the North. I went mainly because it was the last time the terrace would be there for away support.

An awful day.
Bad omen for this weekend's posh game on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 3148 viewsHalf_Idiot

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but we haven't won at their place in the last 5 attempts and have only won there once and that was in the 70's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024