Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really? 08:06 - Aug 13 with 2508 viewshampstead_blue

When Obama said that we would be 'at the back of the queue' for a trade deal it was such an empty statement.

Whilst I'm no fan of the current leadership, this does rather make Barrack look a bit silly.

"The fashion in the European Union when the people vote the wrong way from the way that the elites want to go is to make the peasants vote again and again until they get it right," he (John Bolton) said.

Of course they will play hard ball, but getting a trade deal done bit by bit is a great boost.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Really? on 08:08 - Aug 13 with 2491 viewsDubtractor

I like that you criticise Obama's empty statement, whilst seemingly accepting an equally empty statement from Bolton.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Really? on 08:15 - Aug 13 with 2434 viewsSteve_M

What does the UK want from a trade deal with the US? It's clearer what the US wants - a reduction in food standards and access to the NHS - but just ticking a box saying 'Trade Deal' isn't of much benefit to the UK.

Or is it that a large part of the Tory party do wish to undermine UK food standards and destroy the NHS?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really? on 08:20 - Aug 13 with 2415 viewsGuthrum

Think it depends upon how equitable the trade deal might be.

If we're prepared to bend over backwards to accomodate what the US wants, then they will inevitably be far keener on doing something. Holding out for our own national interests and preservation of beloved British institutions (e.g. the NHS) may put bumps in the road.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Really? on 08:32 - Aug 13 with 2358 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, now we can look forward to piecemeal removal of employment rights, food safety standards and public services rather than all in one go!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really? on 08:35 - Aug 13 with 2346 viewsfooters

Really? on 08:32 - Aug 13 by BlueBadger

Yeah, now we can look forward to piecemeal removal of employment rights, food safety standards and public services rather than all in one go!

And who better to do a trade deal with than an increasingly protectionist and hawkish USA? What could possibly go wrong?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Really? on 08:37 - Aug 13 with 2337 viewslowhouseblue

people say whatever supports their side of the debate on this one. haven't you worked that one out yet?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Really? on 12:12 - Aug 13 with 2177 viewshampstead_blue

Really? on 08:08 - Aug 13 by Dubtractor

I like that you criticise Obama's empty statement, whilst seemingly accepting an equally empty statement from Bolton.

I think Bolton's view on the EU isn't far off.

It's far from empty as it's already happened and they want to repeat it again with the UK.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Really? on 12:21 - Aug 13 with 2141 viewsSomethingBlue

Really? on 12:12 - Aug 13 by hampstead_blue

It's far from empty as it's already happened and they want to repeat it again with the UK.

Although you know full well that the "elites" are the ones who have hijacked the present Brexit process and are the real concern right now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Really? on 12:41 - Aug 13 with 2106 viewsBlueBadger

Really? on 12:12 - Aug 13 by hampstead_blue

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really? on 12:51 - Aug 13 with 2054 viewsyorkshire

Bolton is a raving nationalist - he knows that the separation of the UK from Europe weakens both and strengthens the US position - basically the current Government will take any positive scraps from this situation to justify no deal Brexit

Obama was more of a Globalist and was presuming that his words would make people thing about the bigger picture (alas he, Cameron and a lot of others were too complacent)
Really? on 14:03 - Aug 13 with 1935 viewsBluefish

There is a fair chance the new USA regime are looking to take cheap pickings from a country in need instead of prioritising a fair deal that wouldn't normally be high priority

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Really? on 14:51 - Aug 13 with 1884 viewsDubtractor

Really? on 14:03 - Aug 13 by Bluefish

There is a fair chance the new USA regime are looking to take cheap pickings from a country in need instead of prioritising a fair deal that wouldn't normally be high priority

Basic negotiating stuff really.

If you NEED to do a deal, then you most certainly won't get a good one. I thought these leavers were supposed to be masters of negotiating, that's what they keep telling us when referring to needing to keep no deal on the table - despite in the same breath telling us (and the EU) that we don't really want to do no deal.

Bunch of fooking chancers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Really? on 14:53 - Aug 13 with 1879 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh purlease. You people never learn do you? Like I've said many times, the idea that you have an intelligence background is terrifying.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's almost as if they haven't heard of the internet or satellites on 15:20 - Aug 13 with 1835 viewsDyland

Really? on 14:51 - Aug 13 by Dubtractor

Basic negotiating stuff really.

If you NEED to do a deal, then you most certainly won't get a good one. I thought these leavers were supposed to be masters of negotiating, that's what they keep telling us when referring to needing to keep no deal on the table - despite in the same breath telling us (and the EU) that we don't really want to do no deal.

Bunch of fooking chancers.

It's like a badly written and totally unbelievable satire. They are total charlatans.

It's irrelevant which way one voted in the referendum. Classic divide and rule.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It's almost as if they haven't heard of the internet or satellites on 16:11 - Aug 13 with 1779 viewsblueislander

It's almost as if they haven't heard of the internet or satellites on 15:20 - Aug 13 by Dyland

It's like a badly written and totally unbelievable satire. They are total charlatans.

It's irrelevant which way one voted in the referendum. Classic divide and rule.

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. Our brilliant shiny new PM has said it is a million to one against our leaving without a deal.
Really? on 16:16 - Aug 13 with 1765 viewshampstead_blue

Really? on 14:53 - Aug 13 by SpruceMoose

Oh purlease. You people never learn do you? Like I've said many times, the idea that you have an intelligence background is terrifying.

I am trying to show both sides of the coin.
Obama and Mr Moustache.

I do agree with him when he slams the elite's attitude to the many.
I'm more left than I look you know.

My Int Corps days were Northern Ireland and for the record.....I was right....... See "Secret Victory" by Dr William Matchett. His thesis is something which I was banging on about. However, mine was more an instinct without the level of evidence he delivers.

It's almost as if they haven't heard of the internet or satellites on 16:16 - Aug 13 with 1766 viewsblueislander

It's almost as if they haven't heard of the internet or satellites on 16:11 - Aug 13 by blueislander

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. Our brilliant shiny new PM has said it is a million to one against our leaving without a deal.

Trump has just back tracked on some of the China tariffs.. is there any chance he would do the same on a trade deal with the UK?
Really? on 16:19 - Aug 13 with 1759 viewsSpruceMoose

Really? on 16:16 - Aug 13 by hampstead_blue

I am trying to show both sides of the coin.
Obama and Mr Moustache.

I do agree with him when he slams the elite's attitude to the many.
I'm more left than I look you know.

My Int Corps days were Northern Ireland and for the record.....I was right....... See "Secret Victory" by Dr William Matchett. His thesis is something which I was banging on about. However, mine was more an instinct without the level of evidence he delivers.

That there is your problem. They are in no way different sides of the same coin. Staggering that you can't get that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024