Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I do enjoy it when big companies get it wrong 17:50 - Aug 13 with 787 viewsCoastalblue

Yahoo paid $1.1 Billion for Tumblr in 2013, set about sanitizing it and making it wholesome (not that there was anything illegal in much of what they purged, just some slightly 'different' communities) and are about to sell it for $3M.

Did someone say the dot com boom was over?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I do enjoy it when big companies get it wrong on 17:57 - Aug 13 with 759 viewsstublue

Not quite on the same scale, but ITV bought friends reunited for £175 million, then sold it for £25 million four years later.
That's a hell of a financial hit.
I do enjoy it when big companies get it wrong on 18:00 - Aug 13 with 736 viewsGuthrum

I do enjoy it when big companies get it wrong on 17:57 - Aug 13 by stublue

Not quite on the same scale, but ITV bought friends reunited for £175 million, then sold it for £25 million four years later.
That's a hell of a financial hit.

By that time, the only bit anybody was still using was the genealogy sister-site GenesReunited (which is still going today).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I do enjoy it when big companies get it wrong on 18:25 - Aug 13 with 640 viewsDanTheMan

I'm amazed Yahoo are still viable considering how much gigantic mistakes they've made.

They've had multiple chances to buy Google and for one reason or another not done it, failed to take a really generous off from Microsoft.

The most recent ones like Tumblr from Meyer were just weird. They bought LOADS of tech companies, almost at random and proceeded to gut them and integrate the teams into their own failing products without much of a plan. Basically none of them worked out.

At the same time they've had a lot of (warranted) bad press, especially the infamous security issues they've faced. That combined with their already really bad reputation in the tech industry, means they would struggle to acquire decent talent without buying it.

All just a disaster really.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024