Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist 21:13 - Aug 13 with 48449 viewshatch

Not impressed from our fans.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 12750 viewsSitfcB

Example...?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 12733 viewsnoggin

I really hope not. That would be more shameful than the result.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:17 - Aug 13 with 12626 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You can’t just say something like that and give no examples and/or context.

Our fans who go to games get soughteted enough on here already, without being given ammunition with posts like these.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:17 - Aug 13 with 12633 viewshatch

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:14 - Aug 13 by SitfcB

Example...?

‘One Boris Johnson’
‘ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND’
‘God save our gracious queen’

I’m sure I just heard a quiet chant about Tommy Robinson that didn’t get going.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:18 - Aug 13 with 12572 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:17 - Aug 13 by hatch

‘One Boris Johnson’

Those three chants are your examples of ‘EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist’.

Seriously?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:19 - Aug 13 with 12512 viewsnoggin

‘One Boris Johnson’

Not sure any of those would upset anyone really. Having said that, they were obviously meant to.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 21:20]

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:21 - Aug 13 with 12422 viewshatch

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:18 - Aug 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Those three chants are your examples of ‘EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist’.

Seriously?

I’m not one to usually complain but just seems a shame to resort to those chants, as subtle as they may be. I’m not being a preacher, just don’t think it’s necessary.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:21 - Aug 13 with 12411 viewsm14_blue

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:18 - Aug 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Seriously?

Context is everything though surely?

They don’t normally get sung so why are we singing them at Luton?
Login to get fewer ads

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:24 - Aug 13 with 12326 viewsSwailsey

Idiots in all fan bases unfortunately.

There’s a guy near me who repeatedly makes subtle homophobic comments each game, despite people pulling him up on it from time to time.

A couple of years ago a bloke came out with an outrageous racist comment which was rightly shut down.

Those chants you mention in their own right are mild, but you’re right - they are designed to provoke.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:27 - Aug 13 with 12216 viewsblueconscience

‘One Boris Johnson’

A line from our nation anthem is considered racist?

What a sad world we now live in.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:28 - Aug 13 with 12200 viewsSwailsey

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:27 - Aug 13 by blueconscience

As another poster said, context.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 12180 viewsnoggin

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:27 - Aug 13 by blueconscience

Context. Why did they sing it?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 12141 viewsblueconscience

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:29 - Aug 13 by noggin

Context. Why did they sing it?

Because they are proud Brits?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 12121 viewsSwailsey

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:30 - Aug 13 by blueconscience

It’s ok - it’s gone over your head.

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 12101 viewsnoggin

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:30 - Aug 13 by blueconscience

You don’t believe that do you?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 12094 viewsblueconscience

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:30 - Aug 13 by Swailsey

It’s ok - it’s gone over your head.

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 12022 viewshaynes_toe1

Who for some reason ONLY feel pride when they're in Luton? Maybe it is a thinly-veiled compliment after all then...
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 12024 viewsSwailsey

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:24 - Aug 13 by Swailsey

Idiots in all fan bases unfortunately.

There’s a guy near me who repeatedly makes subtle homophobic comments each game, despite people pulling him up on it from time to time.

A couple of years ago a bloke came out with an outrageous racist comment which was rightly shut down.

Those chants you mention in their own right are mild, but you’re right - they are designed to provoke.

Sorry, who in their right mind would downvote a post condemning homophobia or racism?!!!

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 12015 viewsActionMan

Seriously?

More Brexit chanting then Edl chanting by that example. By definition to the modern largely middle class left that's as good as racism,and the word England is equally offensive as they are anti States, ethnicity and borders. Just Google it and you'll find tons of examples of this view.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:35 - Aug 13 with 11946 viewshatch

‘Great British Passport, you’ll never have that’ is the new one

Not at all EDL though apparently.

I’m not angry, i’m just disappointed.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:35 - Aug 13 with 11926 viewsmrshallisfit

‘One Boris Johnson’

Just dumbf##ks being dumbf##ks.
Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 11908 viewsSwailsey

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:35 - Aug 13 by hatch

I’d leave it mate, those commenting clearly haven’t put 2 and 2 together, so it isn’t worth it.

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:37 - Aug 13 with 11878 viewsjeera

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:32 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

More Brexit chanting then Edl chanting by that example. By definition to the modern largely middle class left that's as good as racism,and the word England is equally offensive as they are anti States, ethnicity and borders. Just Google it and you'll find tons of examples of this view.

Don't be so daft.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:38 - Aug 13 with 11832 viewsRyorry

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:35 - Aug 13 by hatch

Football fans are just a cross-section of society, so while it's sad that some of ours are c-units, it's not really a surprise.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist (n/t) on 21:40 - Aug 13 with 11761 viewsBlueBadger

Very EDL chanting tonight, verging on racist on 21:32 - Aug 13 by ActionMan

This post has been edited by an administrator

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024