Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) 06:27 - Aug 14 with 1788 viewstextbackup

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 06:46 - Aug 14 with 1768 viewsBlueBadger

136 points and 136 goals, you coward.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 07:18 - Aug 14 with 1703 viewsVaughan8

It can be as bad as the last time we played them...........can it?
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 07:27 - Aug 14 with 1684 viewstextbackup

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 07:18 - Aug 14 by Vaughan8

It can be as bad as the last time we played them...........can it?

The result might be the same, but we won’t play as badly.
They are the total opposite to us, a team used to winning for 2/3 years non stop

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 07:53 - Aug 14 with 1625 viewsElderGrizzly

Well not until 29th December anyway. Santa will bring us a new defensive coach...
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 08:20 - Aug 14 with 1563 viewsHarry_Palmer

A team with a clear identity and a plan, neither of which applies to us.

Does anybody know what our playing style or preferred formation is yet? Does the manager?

I seem to recall Lambert talking about having a clear identity and style throughout the club at all age groups, I still see no evidence of this happening yet.
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 08:28 - Aug 14 with 1548 viewsJackSted

Lincoln will probably end up winning the league. And most of you snubbed the Cowley brothers when we were linked with them and wanted to go with Hurst

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:28 - Aug 14 with 1445 viewsBackToRussia

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 08:28 - Aug 14 by JackSted

Lincoln will probably end up winning the league. And most of you snubbed the Cowley brothers when we were linked with them and wanted to go with Hurst

True. Twtd intelligentsia did mock people advocating for the Cowleys.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:31 - Aug 14 with 1435 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 08:28 - Aug 14 by JackSted

I think Hurst was the proof that you can be successful as a lower league manager, but be out of your depth in the Championship.

Also, The Cowley's signed new contracts before we even thought about any approach, so I'm not sure on their desire to leave Lincoln.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:34 - Aug 14 with 1425 viewsPhilTWTD

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:28 - Aug 14 by BackToRussia

True. Twtd intelligentsia did mock people advocating for the Cowleys.

To be fair, so did quite a few ex-players, for similar reasons which proved to be part of Hurst's undoing here.

Further to that, there was never any interest in the Cowley brothers anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:37 - Aug 14 with 1397 viewsBackToRussia

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:34 - Aug 14 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, so did quite a few ex-players, for similar reasons which proved to be part of Hurst's undoing here.

Further to that, there was never any interest in the Cowley brothers anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Wasn't seen to be someone who could command respect of Championship level players?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:39 - Aug 14 with 1385 viewsPhilTWTD

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:37 - Aug 14 by BackToRussia

Wasn't seen to be someone who could command respect of Championship level players?

Indeed, Championship players likely to be sceptical of people with little league experience either as players or managers, particularly if results go poorly, something which happened with the more experienced Hurst.
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 1370 viewsDubtractor

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:39 - Aug 14 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, Championship players likely to be sceptical of people with little league experience either as players or managers, particularly if results go poorly, something which happened with the more experienced Hurst.

Wasn't part of the problem just that he was a c-unit though, rather than his lack of top level experience?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:43 - Aug 14 with 1359 viewsBackToRussia

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:39 - Aug 14 by PhilTWTD

It's fair enough in one respect, but also quite hubristic. Managers have to get experience somehow and it's going to be at the lower levels. Similarly some of the best world managers weren't up to the level playing wise.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:44 - Aug 14 with 1350 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:47 - Aug 14 with 1336 viewsPhilTWTD

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:43 - Aug 14 by BackToRussia

It's fair enough in one respect, but also quite hubristic. Managers have to get experience somehow and it's going to be at the lower levels. Similarly some of the best world managers weren't up to the level playing wise.

Too big a jump at that point, I think, although they may well get an opportunity at some point in the future as they prove themselves in League One. The other thing which counted against them here, of course, was their style of football.
I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 14 with 1318 viewsBryanPlug

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:47 - Aug 14 by PhilTWTD

Too big a jump at that point, I think, although they may well get an opportunity at some point in the future as they prove themselves in League One. The other thing which counted against them here, of course, was their style of football.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:59 - Aug 14 with 1292 viewsBlueBlood90

They'll be right up there this season. They've invested their money very well ever since they went on their FA Cup run in the conference.

It's not a miracle though as they do pay big wages. I live in Lincolnshire and seem to remember hearing that Michael Bostwick turned down Blackburn in order to sign for Lincoln in League Two because the money was better. Not sure if that's true or not though.

Looking back we couldn't have done any worse with the Cowley brothers and they're much more likeable than Hurst and Doig ever were.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 11:02 - Aug 14 with 1282 viewsBackToRussia

I’m glad we haven’t got to play Lincoln any time soon (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 14 by BryanPlug

Style of play similar to MM's. A smart owner would have maybe gone for some continuity in that regard rather than letting a newbie come in and tear up the squad. Perhaps. And yes there was fan pressure to have more passing play, but there was also willingness to go for a younger manager with success at lower levels. Think fans would have given them time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024