Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing 08:59 - Aug 14 with 2569 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He looked like a competition winner. Just ran around, jumped and scuffed all his shots. Of all of Hurst's signings, a player who couldn't get in to Crawley's team might be the strangest.

Dobra looked good though.
Norris also looked ok, nothing he could have done about the goals

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:10 - Aug 14 with 2517 viewsHerbivore

Seemed to be someone he'd intended to sign if he'd still been at Shrewsbury and his hubris and lack of a clue made him think that Roberts would also be good for enough for a Championship side. I like Roberts, he works hard and he does keep defenders busy, but he totally lacks any quality. If not for injuries and lack of signings he'd be gone by now, and indeed if we can bring someone in up top he might well still be let go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:11 - Aug 14 with 2503 viewsKieran_Knows

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:10 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

Seemed to be someone he'd intended to sign if he'd still been at Shrewsbury and his hubris and lack of a clue made him think that Roberts would also be good for enough for a Championship side. I like Roberts, he works hard and he does keep defenders busy, but he totally lacks any quality. If not for injuries and lack of signings he'd be gone by now, and indeed if we can bring someone in up top he might well still be let go.

I have to say I'm amazed he's still here given the first chance PL had to go shot of him in January, he did.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:13 - Aug 14 with 2486 viewsMullet

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:11 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

I have to say I'm amazed he's still here given the first chance PL had to go shot of him in January, he did.

We failed to sign how many strikers over the summer, and have a handful coming back, I bet he'll be mutualled up in January or given away to a League 2 club.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 2470 viewsKieran_Knows

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:13 - Aug 14 by Mullet

We failed to sign how many strikers over the summer, and have a handful coming back, I bet he'll be mutualled up in January or given away to a League 2 club.

Yes, agree with you on that. Very much doubt he will be here come January should we sign another striker this window.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:15 - Aug 14 with 2466 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:10 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

You can see quite clearly why he and Wilson were sat on Lincoln's bench last season.

Appreciate it was needs must with Wilson, but if he has to play any more games for us we are in trouble as he's miles off the required standard

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:16 - Aug 14 with 2445 viewsportmantales

Reminds me of years gone by when we have tried players up front who have just never looked like scoring.....

Adam Proudlock, Balint Bajner, Dean MacDonald, Daniel Karbassiyoon...the list goes on.

As others have said Roberts isn't good enough but at least he does try and put in a shift.
It also shows just how much we rely on Norwood at the moment!

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 2306 viewsRadlett_blue

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:16 - Aug 14 by portmantales

Reminds me of years gone by when we have tried players up front who have just never looked like scoring.....

Adam Proudlock, Balint Bajner, Dean MacDonald, Daniel Karbassiyoon...the list goes on.

As others have said Roberts isn't good enough but at least he does try and put in a shift.
It also shows just how much we rely on Norwood at the moment!

Daniel Karbassiyoon was a full back.
Jordan Roberts is a limited player, but as anyone who was at Luton last night would have seen, you can't fault his work rate or effort. He also won a few headers. He's one of the typical squad fillers we've been reduced to signing in the last few years, rather like James Wilson. I hope we do get another striker in before the window closes, but I doubt it will be anyone much better than Roberts.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:41 - Aug 14 with 2248 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:35 - Aug 14 by Radlett_blue

Jordan Roberts is a limited player, but as anyone who was at Luton last night would have seen, you can't fault his work rate or effort. He also won a few headers. He's one of the typical squad fillers we've been reduced to signing in the last few years, rather like James Wilson. I hope we do get another striker in before the window closes, but I doubt it will be anyone much better than Roberts.

Yes he certainly put a shift in, couldn’t fault him on that.
Last night highlighted the need further for a back up striker and full back.
We probably would still have lost, but if we’d had better quality in these areas we’d have run them closer.

Midfield had the quality but not all he fitness plus we clearly need Skuse/Downes for balance.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:45 - Aug 14 with 2224 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 2204 viewsBryanPlug

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:41 - Aug 14 by BlueyandCrazy

Yes he certainly put a shift in, couldn’t fault him on that.
Last night highlighted the need further for a back up striker and full back.
We probably would still have lost, but if we’d had better quality in these areas we’d have run them closer.

Midfield had the quality but not all he fitness plus we clearly need Skuse/Downes for balance.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:03 - Aug 14 with 2113 viewsRadlett_blue

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:45 - Aug 14 by BryanPlug

Yes, we need a big lump up front & I would be quite happy if we signed Tom Elliott from Milwall, despite the huge amount of opprobrium that this attracted on here when it was first mooted, especially if he can prove his fitness.

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing (n/t) on 10:16 - Aug 14 with 2044 viewsandyjr

[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 11:54]

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:20 - Aug 14 with 2019 viewsBackToRussia

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 09:11 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

He's still here and Harrison isn't? Head scratcher that one.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:25 - Aug 14 with 1989 viewsSteve_M

Exactly that. Put him on for 15 minutes up front late on or wide in a front three and he'll add something useful. Over 90 minutes with no support for most of it rather less so.

Difficult to disagree with the suggestion that he was someone Hurst would have taken to Shrewsbury had he stayed there.

Yesterday should have strengthened Lambert's case for another striker and a full back to be high priority.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:29 - Aug 14 with 1972 viewsRadlett_blue

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:20 - Aug 14 by BackToRussia

He's still here and Harrison isn't? Head scratcher that one.

Harrison attracted a fee, Roberts would not have done so. Harrison would have been on higher wages than Roberts. This is the reality of post-relegation austerity.

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:33 - Aug 14 with 1948 viewsBackToRussia

Jordan Roberts-What a weird signing on 10:29 - Aug 14 by Radlett_blue

Harrison attracted a fee, Roberts would not have done so. Harrison would have been on higher wages than Roberts. This is the reality of post-relegation austerity.

True, but we're in the market for a striker. Another instance of us getting rid without a replacement lined up?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024