Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass 11:20 - Aug 14 with 22780 viewsmos

Hi all,

If you live in the Ipswich area, you may have heard or even seen the recent developments that have been ripping through our beautiful countrysides. The Ipswich Northern Bypass has been proposed and is presumably in construction, if any of you have seen it, it’s a horrific sight and will devastate our natural countryside that makes Suffolk such a lovely county to reside in.

From the above, 3 routes have been proposed, which are all unnecessary and rip into our great countryside.

This clearly should be discussed, but if you care for the region’s natural landscape and protection of its greenery then the matter needs to be brought to attention. Therefore I strongly urge you to campaign to stop the bypass through signing the petition which can be found on the ‘Stop The Ipswich Northern Bypass’ website, which I will link below.

Thank you.

https://stopipswichnorthernbypass.co.uk

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:26 - Aug 14 with 6516 viewsGeoffSentence

I have signed it.

Brace yourself for strong counter-arguments from people who are occasionally inconvenienced by the Orwell Bridge closing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 6497 viewsFixed_It

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:26 - Aug 14 by GeoffSentence

I have signed it.

Brace yourself for strong counter-arguments from people who are occasionally inconvenienced by the Orwell Bridge closing.

From a selfish point of view ir'll make my trips home a lot easier.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 6496 views26_Paz

Ipswich is desperate for a Northern bypass and has been for some time. Traffic in the town is dreadful. This NIMBY attitude is standing in the way of progress for our town and county.

The Paz Man

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 6495 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:26 - Aug 14 by GeoffSentence

I have signed it.

Yes, there are clearly going to be groups and individuals that would be for the devastation of our wonderful landscape just to save a few minutes on transport for when the Orwell Bridge is closed. Though I am hoping the good minds of TWTD will see how these new roads are more than just a bad idea, and that we can try and do something about it.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 6491 viewsFtnfwest

Signed, stayed near Henley last year for a few days holiday. I thought at that time they had already started the middle route, although what they'd done on the basis of that map would allow them to do either 'middle route option'.
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:31 - Aug 14 with 6466 views26_Paz

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 by mos

Yes, there are clearly going to be groups and individuals that would be for the devastation of our wonderful landscape just to save a few minutes on transport for when the Orwell Bridge is closed. Though I am hoping the good minds of TWTD will see how these new roads are more than just a bad idea, and that we can try and do something about it.

'NEW ROAD' ... straight out of the League of Gentlemen!

The Paz Man

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:32 - Aug 14 with 6453 viewsCOYBitfc

Build it, it's long overdue. The economical benefits will outweigh the inconvenience to some, sorry but that's the truth.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:34 - Aug 14 with 6446 viewsGeoffSentence

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 by 26_Paz

Ipswich is desperate for a Northern bypass and has been for some time. Traffic in the town is dreadful. This NIMBY attitude is standing in the way of progress for our town and county.

Aren't you aware that there is a climate emergency? Building roads is only going to make it worse.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:35 - Aug 14 with 6429 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Fixed_It

From a selfish point of view ir'll make my trips home a lot easier.

Indeed, and as an IP3 resident who regularly travels Stowmarket way, this could also provide a quicker route depending on the exact layout

It’s a yes from this selfish twot

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:38 - Aug 14 with 6405 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:31 - Aug 14 by 26_Paz

'NEW ROAD' ... straight out of the League of Gentlemen!

I think the concern raised here isn’t just by those who will be disturbed by the noise created by these big blundering roads and from the locals, like you think. But infact from anyone who can visualise the daftness and destruction of the proposed plans, from those that care for our environment and from those that are happy to spend extra time in traffic if it means that we don’t have to blast holes through our countryside.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:38 - Aug 14 with 6408 viewsStokieBlue

Out of interest, if the proposal was to put a number of wind turbines in the locations proposed (say 30+) what would your views be? Would you also be protesting against that?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:39 - Aug 14 with 6392 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:32 - Aug 14 by COYBitfc

Build it, it's long overdue. The economical benefits will outweigh the inconvenience to some, sorry but that's the truth.

Will the economic benefits outweigh the inconvenience of a blatant contribution to global warming and consequently climate change?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:42 - Aug 14 with 6356 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:38 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

Out of interest, if the proposal was to put a number of wind turbines in the locations proposed (say 30+) what would your views be? Would you also be protesting against that?

SB

All for renewable energy, which of course is where this country needs to be heading (and is already heading).

Though ripping into cherished countryside, regardless of how many bells and whistles they stick onto the land, cannot be stood for.

That’s my opinion, yours may differ.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:44 - Aug 14 with 6344 viewsCOYBitfc

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:39 - Aug 14 by mos

Will the economic benefits outweigh the inconvenience of a blatant contribution to global warming and consequently climate change?

It would be like pissing in the ocean in comparison to the real climate challenges of this world.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:45 - Aug 14 with 6328 viewschicoazul

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:32 - Aug 14 by COYBitfc

What economical benefits?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:48 - Aug 14 with 6306 viewsStokieBlue

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:42 - Aug 14 by mos

All for renewable energy, which of course is where this country needs to be heading (and is already heading).

Though ripping into cherished countryside, regardless of how many bells and whistles they stick onto the land, cannot be stood for.

That’s my opinion, yours may differ.

So without wanting to cause a huge argument your views seem to be based on nimbism?

You are happy to have renewable energy if it doesn't affect your countryside. You are also happy to shift traffic issues onto others as long as it doesn't affect your countryside.

Attitudes like this aren't going to help with regards to climate change, housing of our population or anything really.

The countryside is lovely but one can't outsource all the problems to parts that don't affect them. As for the specific project you have highlighted, I can see the arguments from both sides - it's a tricky one.

SB

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:50 - Aug 14 with 6296 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:44 - Aug 14 by COYBitfc

It would be like pissing in the ocean in comparison to the real climate challenges of this world.

If we took this same attitude to all the similar road developments across the country and indeed the world we’d have missed out on a large opportunity to reduce our own impact on the environment.

It’s this lazy attitude of “ah let’s not worry about it, we’re only a small region, it won’t make a difference” that gets us nowhere.

Not even mentioning the local scale environmental impacts of this road, such as a loss of habitats, disruption of ecosystems and the increased risk of flooding...

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:50 - Aug 14 with 6298 viewsStokieBlue

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:45 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

What economical benefits?

Isn't it the only realistic way Felixstowe can compete with Thames Gateway? They need a route to get the goods up to the midlands and beyond as the southern market is disappearing.

Happy to be corrected on the above, commercial transport is by no means my expertise.

SB

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:50 - Aug 14 with 6285 views26_Paz

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:38 - Aug 14 by mos

I think the concern raised here isn’t just by those who will be disturbed by the noise created by these big blundering roads and from the locals, like you think. But infact from anyone who can visualise the daftness and destruction of the proposed plans, from those that care for our environment and from those that are happy to spend extra time in traffic if it means that we don’t have to blast holes through our countryside.

This is a decent town and a local shop, there's nothing for you here

The Paz Man

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:54 - Aug 14 with 6256 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:48 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

So without wanting to cause a huge argument your views seem to be based on nimbism?

You are happy to have renewable energy if it doesn't affect your countryside. You are also happy to shift traffic issues onto others as long as it doesn't affect your countryside.

Attitudes like this aren't going to help with regards to climate change, housing of our population or anything really.

The countryside is lovely but one can't outsource all the problems to parts that don't affect them. As for the specific project you have highlighted, I can see the arguments from both sides - it's a tricky one.

SB

My point was that regardless of how many wind turbines are included in the road development, you still have the road development itself, so I cannot stand for it.

It does not justify or make it alright to build the road just because we attempt to ‘even’ the scores out by building renewable energy systems.

I don’t mind having wind turbines in our countryside, though having such a road in it, I disagree with.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:56 - Aug 14 with 6238 viewsStokieBlue

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:54 - Aug 14 by mos

My point was that regardless of how many wind turbines are included in the road development, you still have the road development itself, so I cannot stand for it.

It does not justify or make it alright to build the road just because we attempt to ‘even’ the scores out by building renewable energy systems.

I don’t mind having wind turbines in our countryside, though having such a road in it, I disagree with.

OK so I think we are at cross-purposes here. I meant if they built a wind farm but no road, just a different project on the countryside.

If you have no objections to such a thing (I know one isn't proposed) then it's not really nimbism in my view and actual concerns about the countryside from yourself.

SB

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:58 - Aug 14 with 6215 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry, it's a yes from me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:59 - Aug 14 with 6202 viewsnoggin

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:34 - Aug 14 by GeoffSentence

Aren't you aware that there is a climate emergency? Building roads is only going to make it worse.

Even if it removes some traffic from a highly congested area?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:59 - Aug 14 with 6209 viewsGuthrum

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:44 - Aug 14 by COYBitfc

Edit: reply to different post. Wrong place by accident.

On that point, is it more polluting to have traffic flowing freely around a bypass, or fume belching vehicles stuck in jams or crawling through towns?

In terms of the environmental impact of constructing this road, that can be offset by grassy embankments/cuttings and tree planting. Some of the best wildlife habitats in the country are along our railway lines.

Not advocating this particular road, just making a couple of points for discussion.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 12:01]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 12:00 - Aug 14 with 6189 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 11:56 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

OK so I think we are at cross-purposes here. I meant if they built a wind farm but no road, just a different project on the countryside.

If you have no objections to such a thing (I know one isn't proposed) then it's not really nimbism in my view and actual concerns about the countryside from yourself.

SB

Bit of a misunderstanding, I thought you meant building the road with renewable infrastructure alongside it, as if it would make the initial project ‘alright’.

I’d be fine with the construction of wind turbines, as long as the plans for them were done well, of course.

The road on the other hand, I do not agree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024