Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betting on the ITFC FB forum 12:37 - Aug 14 with 3926 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Saw a couple of posters showing bets they had made on Ipswich last night with stakes of £30 and upto £100.

Some people have a problem!

Fair enough, stick a fiver on to make the match more interesting, but £100 on Ipswich to beat Luton in the Carabao Cup?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:09 - Aug 14 with 3821 viewsCOYBitfc

Lots of people have betting problems, some to truly harrowing levels.

The way it has been marketed over the last 5 or so years has basically targeted a section of the sports supporting public to make them believe it is 'normal' to place a bet and that it is just part of their day. As with habit this then grows to levels that become out of control.

Quite scary how bad some people are sucked in.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:11 - Aug 14 with 3806 viewsJ2BLUE

Town were a terrible bet. I will never understand people betting on their own team for the sake of it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 3798 viewsDyland

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:11 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

Town were a terrible bet. I will never understand people betting on their own team for the sake of it.

It's because they aren't professional gamblers, yer mook x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:15 - Aug 14 with 3789 viewsSitfcB

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:11 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

I don’t like betting on us but if I feel we are decent value then I’ll have a little bet, I never bet massive, like against Burton we were 11/5 so I had a tenner on.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:16 - Aug 14 with 3762 viewsJ2BLUE

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:15 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

I don’t like betting on us but if I feel we are decent value then I’ll have a little bet, I never bet massive, like against Burton we were 11/5 so I had a tenner on.

That's different from betting on us for the hell of it.

I looked at the odds on us against Burton but we were something like 2.6 so I didn't bother. I missed the higher prices sadly.

Truly impaired.

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:25 - Aug 14 with 3718 viewsWeekender

But it’s all relative. £100 to somebody maybe equivalent of 5 pounds to you.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 3678 viewsMeadowlark

I have never placed a bet on anything. Ever.

I guess that makes me very strange.....

Oh. Hang on. I have bought a lottery ticket.

I have never placed a bet on a sporting outcome.
Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:13 - Aug 14 with 3631 viewsDecageBruce

There's an interesting, and frightening documentary on Iplayer at the moment called 'Can you Beat the Bookies'.

Shows how weighted towards the uneducated ( I class myself as one) gambler the system is with the marketing and advertising. Also the lengths that some go to when they are 'pro' gamblers to stay ahead of the bookies who close down accounts as soon as they get a sniff of someone who is/may be successful in beating them.

I personally bet £10 a week on a few accumulators with moderate success. I reviewed my account about 3 months ago and over 5.5 years I am £300 down. However, again personally, I place bets as a bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon and only bet what I can afford to lose/write off. I know many will disagree and I am sure I could spend that £10 per week one something far more worthwhile but i find it an entertainment experience.

Saying that, I hate the amount of adverts and selling of betting around sporting events and football. In my mid/late 30s I still play Saturday football and regularly, after the game back in the pub, some of our younger players (late teens/early 20's) state that they can't afford a drink unless their bet comes in! Scary stuff
Login to get fewer ads

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:27 - Aug 14 with 3572 viewsJ2BLUE

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:13 - Aug 14 by DecageBruce

There's an interesting, and frightening documentary on Iplayer at the moment called 'Can you Beat the Bookies'.

Shows how weighted towards the uneducated ( I class myself as one) gambler the system is with the marketing and advertising. Also the lengths that some go to when they are 'pro' gamblers to stay ahead of the bookies who close down accounts as soon as they get a sniff of someone who is/may be successful in beating them.

I personally bet £10 a week on a few accumulators with moderate success. I reviewed my account about 3 months ago and over 5.5 years I am £300 down. However, again personally, I place bets as a bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon and only bet what I can afford to lose/write off. I know many will disagree and I am sure I could spend that £10 per week one something far more worthwhile but i find it an entertainment experience.

Saying that, I hate the amount of adverts and selling of betting around sporting events and football. In my mid/late 30s I still play Saturday football and regularly, after the game back in the pub, some of our younger players (late teens/early 20's) state that they can't afford a drink unless their bet comes in! Scary stuff

The bookies have the greatest business model in the world. They can pretty much make the rules up as they go. I saw one gambler on Twitter post a live chat screenshot where they were arguing his bet lost as the market was '90 minutes only' and his bet won in injury time.

I've had winning bets voided after they've won because the market was 'priced incorrectly'.

They can choose who they ban from their promotions. They can restrict winning gamblers to pennies. I have several accounts where i'm limited to £1 or under.

They have every advantage.

Truly impaired.

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 3577 viewsitfcjoe

Betting is the UKs blindspot like guns are to the Yanks.

It is a massive, massive issue and is only getting worse - it is way too normalised and way too accessible.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:29 - Aug 14 with 3567 viewsGavTWTD

I have no problem betting on or against us. I had £20 on Town to beat Burton, and £10 on Luton to score 3rd goal. We know our team better than the bookies but I have no loyalty when betting.

I tend to prefer in-play betting when the score goes against the favourite to win. I get my most wins that way. Never bet more than you can afford to lose.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:37 - Aug 14 with 3549 viewsFPL_Tractor

Gambling adverts should only be allowed on tv after 9pm. Gambling is only allowed for adults so only adults should see adverts for gambling.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:40 - Aug 14 with 3540 viewsDecageBruce

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:27 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

The bookies have the greatest business model in the world. They can pretty much make the rules up as they go. I saw one gambler on Twitter post a live chat screenshot where they were arguing his bet lost as the market was '90 minutes only' and his bet won in injury time.

I've had winning bets voided after they've won because the market was 'priced incorrectly'.

They can choose who they ban from their promotions. They can restrict winning gamblers to pennies. I have several accounts where i'm limited to £1 or under.

An acquaintance of mine has a big problem and last year (I have seen his account) he had over £30k go through his account. During Newmarket he had a hell of a streak and ended up making £42k so was £12k in profit.

Literally between races he account was cut to max bets of £9 (compared to hundreds that he had been putting on) and the next day he received an email saying his account was suspended and being reviewed for Money Laundering. After 3 months they agreed to release his winnings but he is no longer ale to hold accounts with them
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:41]
Thanks Dad (n/t) on 14:48 - Aug 14 with 3499 viewsBloots

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:29 - Aug 14 by GavTWTD

I have no problem betting on or against us. I had £20 on Town to beat Burton, and £10 on Luton to score 3rd goal. We know our team better than the bookies but I have no loyalty when betting.

I tend to prefer in-play betting when the score goes against the favourite to win. I get my most wins that way. Never bet more than you can afford to lose.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 15:54 - Aug 14 with 3407 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yeah had us in a 4 fold, all away teams to win, all good prices.
Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 16:53 - Aug 14 with 3324 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:27 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

It is disgusting and as others say, is the UKs blindspot and too easily accesible, especially within football which is why i won't buy a replica shirt anymore.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 17:54 - Aug 14 with 3256 viewsSpruceMoose

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 14:37 - Aug 14 by FPL_Tractor

Gambling adverts should only be allowed on tv after 9pm. Gambling is only allowed for adults so only adults should see adverts for gambling.

Exactly! Can't say t1ts on here for fear of offending the children, but they can have their tiny little brains pummeled by gambling promotion multiple times a day on the very same forum!

World has gone mad buh.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Betting on the ITFC FB forum on 18:36 - Aug 14 with 3141 viewsnoggin

I know a guy who often sits in my local and plays the fruit machines on his phone. He doesn’t even press the button to spin, he has it on automatic. There is hardly time for the brain to register what’s on the reels before it spins again. How can that even be exciting? It must be hundreds of spins in an evening.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 18:51]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:06 - Aug 25 with 2797 viewsWeekender

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024