Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? 15:22 - Aug 14 with 5854 viewsJ2BLUE

In theory I would quite like to boycott it in protest at U21 teams being included but I also quite like games like that where you can see a mixture of Town reserves and youngsters in a game which isn’t that important.

Are you going? Boycotting? Not going for other reasons?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 15:44 - Aug 14 with 4630 viewsGlebeTractor

Why'd you boycott an Ipswich first team fixture? I think it will be quite good, get to see some future stars, hopefully we take it seriously, as it's our only genuine chance, other than the playoffs, at making wembley, bet you'd go then?

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 15:53 - Aug 14 with 4599 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, assuming I go to Bolton, it will be number 1000.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:19 - Aug 14 with 4542 viewsSomethingBlue

Boycott it. Don't go - unless you fancy prostrating yourself in front of powers that care not one bit for the health of this sport or anything bar increasing their own power & wealth. Think of attending this game as the football equivalent of voting for Boris Johnson.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:22 - Aug 14 with 4507 viewsIP33

Yeah i'll go it's Ipswich and I love watching football.
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:24 - Aug 14 with 4502 viewsJ2BLUE

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:19 - Aug 14 by SomethingBlue

Boycott it. Don't go - unless you fancy prostrating yourself in front of powers that care not one bit for the health of this sport or anything bar increasing their own power & wealth. Think of attending this game as the football equivalent of voting for Boris Johnson.

Yea this is my concern really. B team in the football league would kill the game for me. I hope football league fans would unite to kill that off so I guess this is the first battle.

As someone else said though I’d go to Wembley so a bit conflicted.

Truly impaired.

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 4496 viewstrncbluearmy

No chance
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 4494 viewsJ2BLUE

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:22 - Aug 14 by IP33

Yeah i'll go it's Ipswich and I love watching football.

I knew I’d get a few super fan replies but consider it in the wider context and it’s not that simple.

Truly impaired.

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:27 - Aug 14 with 4481 viewsSitfcB

It’s a first team game at home, I have to go.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:29 - Aug 14 with 4472 viewsITFC_Forever

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:19 - Aug 14 by SomethingBlue

Can’t bring myself not to go to a game I can make.

It’s probably the closest (for now) to having an inkling as to what it would feel like if we ever got to the stage where the fans were actively boycotting games a la Blackpool.

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:41 - Aug 14 with 4418 viewsSomethingBlue

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:29 - Aug 14 by ITFC_Forever

Can’t bring myself not to go to a game I can make.

It’s probably the closest (for now) to having an inkling as to what it would feel like if we ever got to the stage where the fans were actively boycotting games a la Blackpool.

Seriously, 1000th game deserves something far more fitting!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:45 - Aug 14 with 4403 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Will see how much it is but i will go if it's relatively cheap. It's football and i'd like to think we want to progress in this trophy.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:46 - Aug 14 with 4397 viewsITFC_Forever

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:41 - Aug 14 by SomethingBlue

Seriously, 1000th game deserves something far more fitting!

That is very true!

Had I made it to just a couple more games over the years, it could have been a mass away following at Peterborough.

(With the inevitable 0-2 defeat).

Edit; Donny at home isn’t much more attractive...
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 16:47]

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:50 - Aug 14 with 4362 viewsPJH

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:27 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

It’s a first team game at home, I have to go.

It is a first team game in name only.
I would think and hope that our team will be considerably weaker than the one from last night and that we use the minimum number of first team players that we can get away with.
Spurs side will presumably be the equivalent of their 4th team.

The chances of me going are approximately nil.
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:02 - Aug 14 with 4317 viewsNazemariner

I won't be going.

In my view, if the club can't be arsed with these fixtures, then why should i?
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:20 - Aug 14 with 4281 viewsSarge

I’m not going but I live 120 miles away and my season ticket doesn’t cover it. If I lived in Ipswich however, I’d still probably not go. I’d want to, but I’m not watching an U21 team, it’s a mockery of football.
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:26 - Aug 14 with 4264 viewsSitfcB

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:50 - Aug 14 by PJH

It is a first team game in name only.
I would think and hope that our team will be considerably weaker than the one from last night and that we use the minimum number of first team players that we can get away with.
Spurs side will presumably be the equivalent of their 4th team.

The chances of me going are approximately nil.

We have to play 6 that started the previous league game don’t we? Otherwise Evans will have to pay a fine!

COYB

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:27 - Aug 14 with 4251 viewsSarge

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:26 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

We have to play 6 that started the previous league game don’t we? Otherwise Evans will have to pay a fine!

What a silly rule. If they wanted teams to take this competition seriously, maybe they should stop with all the gimmicks. Pointless trophy which I wish as a team we could boycott, as I’m sure does most of the football league.
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:29 - Aug 14 with 4241 viewsSitfcB

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 16:45 - Aug 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Will see how much it is but i will go if it's relatively cheap. It's football and i'd like to think we want to progress in this trophy.

It’s £10 a ticket.

COYB

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:41 - Aug 14 with 4169 viewsSitfcB

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 15:53 - Aug 14 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, assuming I go to Bolton, it will be number 1000.

There’s a lady going to Peterborough on Saturday and it’ll be her 1000th.... in a row!

COYB

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:42 - Aug 14 with 4161 viewsTractorCam

No, it's a big example of the efl bending over backwards for the Premier League. They wanted to change the JPT as it was pointless enough anyway, and for some reason they thought introducing youth teams was a good idea.

This game is totally demoralising, across the country the crowds have been impressively low for these specific under 21 games, a lot of records broken. Imagine we got to the final and had to play Man City under 23s, what a daft experience that would be.

I'll be at Colchester but it's hard to get excited by it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:43 - Aug 14 with 4157 viewsITFC_Forever

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:41 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

There’s a lady going to Peterborough on Saturday and it’ll be her 1000th.... in a row!

Fair play.

I know Phil Taylor did it a year or two ago as well.... my brother knew him a few years ago.

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 18:02 - Aug 14 with 4093 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Boycotting. Totally opposed to B teams in the league pyramid and cup competitions. If you tolerate this your children will be next.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 3917 viewsPJH

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:26 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

Four outfield players that started the previous game I think.
Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 19:40 - Aug 14 with 3830 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure anyone will notice whether there is a boycott. There will be 100 or so present mainly for the reasons you suggest but that will be a good crowd for the competition.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 21:36 - Aug 14 with 3660 viewsFreddies_Ears

Who is planning on going to the Spurs U21 game? on 17:43 - Aug 14 by ITFC_Forever

Fair play.

I know Phil Taylor did it a year or two ago as well.... my brother knew him a few years ago.

Phil's record hasn't stopped yet - he still hasn't missed since that run started.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024