Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more musings on Marcus 16:13 - Aug 14 with 5489 viewsitfc_bucks

The bloke has put money into the club every year since he took over, and seen little in the way of meaningful return. The argument that its a tax dodge is just stupid.

He's made it clear that he now wants the club to, wherever possible, operate within its means. We don't like have to like it, I don't like it, but it's his decision to make.

The argument that he should sell up keeps coming up, but who should he sell to? Who is going to want to buy a League One club? If such a person comes forward (huge if), why would they be more willing to commit funds than Marcus Evans?

We are where we are, and continuous sniping at him is simply not going to achieve much. Focus on the team on the pitch, where there's evidence that we should do alright this season. Yesterday was a non-event, the weekend will come soon enough and we need to exercise the ghost of August 2011 at London Road.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:26 - Aug 14 with 3911 viewsIllinoisblue

continuous sniping? What is it so far, one feeble "we're bored" banner in the North Stand a couple years ago? You could make the case he's got off very very lightly considering how far we've fallen under his ownership.

Equally, you could make the case he's a very good owner; stays out of the limelight, lets his managers manage, keeps the club afloat.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle but until we start winning regularly, the arguments won't stop.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:27 - Aug 14 with 3908 viewsJ2BLUE

His level of investment has seen us fall from a top 10 Championship club to a league one club. It’s not all his fault as the money in the game has moved on but that’s the reality. According to Joe he isn’t even prepared to listen to offers for the club. He should own his failed investment and move on if he gets an appropriate offer. To not even listen to offers is not good enough. Under his ‘leadership’ we are going nowhere but further down the pyramid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:34 - Aug 14 with 3868 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:27 - Aug 14 by J2BLUE

His level of investment has seen us fall from a top 10 Championship club to a league one club. It’s not all his fault as the money in the game has moved on but that’s the reality. According to Joe he isn’t even prepared to listen to offers for the club. He should own his failed investment and move on if he gets an appropriate offer. To not even listen to offers is not good enough. Under his ‘leadership’ we are going nowhere but further down the pyramid.

Which 'Joe' is this?

Does he really know the full story?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:39 - Aug 14 with 3830 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Marcus has come out and said that while the club isn't for sale, if someone came in who he thought would be able to invest in the club better than he could and was a sensible owner, he would listen to the offer.

He has no reason to lie about that - the club is costing him millions every year.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:55 - Aug 14 with 3777 viewshaynes_toe1

I don't know another owner in football who's overseen such a decline and got less stick for it personally.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:01 - Aug 14 with 3754 viewsCoastalblue

I dispute the fact he won't listen to offers, I am almost certain there was a serious discussion last summer.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:03 - Aug 14 with 3745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:55 - Aug 14 by haynes_toe1

I don't know another owner in football who's overseen such a decline and got less stick for it personally.

There's plenty!!

Portsmouth
Sunderland
Bolton
Coventry
Blackpool

And all of the following have suffered a similar decline, but come through the other side;

Leeds (to an extent)
Forest
Southampton
Norwich
Wigan
Sheff Wed
Charlton
Blackburn

We are not alone in dropping down a league (or more).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:04 - Aug 14 with 3742 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:01 - Aug 14 by Coastalblue

I dispute the fact he won't listen to offers, I am almost certain there was a serious discussion last summer.

The idea that he wont listen to offers is pure conjecture.

Login to get fewer ads

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:05 - Aug 14 with 3737 viewshaynes_toe1

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:03 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

There's plenty!!

Portsmouth
Sunderland
Bolton
Coventry
Blackpool

And all of the following have suffered a similar decline, but come through the other side;

Leeds (to an extent)
Forest
Southampton
Norwich
Wigan
Sheff Wed
Charlton
Blackburn

We are not alone in dropping down a league (or more).

No there's many that have suffered a similar decline, agreed, but without protests etc from fans?
Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:08 - Aug 14 with 3733 viewsFunge

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:04 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

The idea that he wont listen to offers is pure conjecture.

Except it's not, being as it's been repeated by a few knowledgeable local posters, with a pretty good track record of getting the larger decisions within the club right.

Joe (who posts on here as itfcjoe) called it correctly regarding the rift between PH and the senior first team last year, and, indeed, ME's subsequent displeasure with PH thereafter.

If he's saying ME is turning down offers/ failing to listen to them/ however you want to dress it up, I'd be inclined to take his comments with rather more weight than the usual 'def info' brigade.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:10 - Aug 14 with 3727 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:08 - Aug 14 by Funge

Except it's not, being as it's been repeated by a few knowledgeable local posters, with a pretty good track record of getting the larger decisions within the club right.

Joe (who posts on here as itfcjoe) called it correctly regarding the rift between PH and the senior first team last year, and, indeed, ME's subsequent displeasure with PH thereafter.

If he's saying ME is turning down offers/ failing to listen to them/ however you want to dress it up, I'd be inclined to take his comments with rather more weight than the usual 'def info' brigade.

I accept that Joe is a good source on rumours going around the training ground etc.

I have very grave doubts that he is 'in the know' about boardroom (or above) level goings on!!

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:11 - Aug 14 with 3721 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:05 - Aug 14 by haynes_toe1

No there's many that have suffered a similar decline, agreed, but without protests etc from fans?

The protests have happened where the decline is worse, and they have achieved nothing.

Protests are rare.

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:18 - Aug 14 with 3697 viewsitfc_bucks

Yet more musings on Marcus on 16:26 - Aug 14 by Illinoisblue

continuous sniping? What is it so far, one feeble "we're bored" banner in the North Stand a couple years ago? You could make the case he's got off very very lightly considering how far we've fallen under his ownership.

Equally, you could make the case he's a very good owner; stays out of the limelight, lets his managers manage, keeps the club afloat.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle but until we start winning regularly, the arguments won't stop.

I was there last night, it was clearly audible then. Not as a chant perhaps, but plentiful b1tching about our lot and current standing.

It was clearly audible in the back end of last season. Bottom line is there are far worse out there and if he cut the pursestrings as much as some seem to think he has, we're utterly fooked.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:20 - Aug 14 with 3691 viewsFtnfwest

There's still too much concentration on how much he puts into the club rather than the decisions he's made both managerial and executive over the years. They have been largely poor and no amount of money (within reason) would necessarily have solved things.
Indeed rather than employ the right people off the pitch he seems to think having a more 'hands on' role will improve things. I still think that's the exact opposite of what's required.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:21 - Aug 14 with 3684 viewsfactual_blue

'Exorcise' the ghost of 2011

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:22 - Aug 14 with 3682 viewsFunge

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:10 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

I accept that Joe is a good source on rumours going around the training ground etc.

I have very grave doubts that he is 'in the know' about boardroom (or above) level goings on!!

Conversely, I don't doubt it at all (although I cannot speak for Joe, of course).

We're a small provincial club in a small provincial town; everyone talks to everyone else.

There was a lot of chat during and after the Brentford home game last year (they battered us first half, we somehow drew 1-1 with a pretty nice Jackson header, as I recall) about how ME had lost all patience that day with PH's coaching methods/ general attitude, and was actively looking to replace him. This was subsequently confirmed to be legitimate from a few different sources on here thereafter...

This isn't a Premier League club, where you might think that dealings are carried out in relative secrecy - the conduit between ME and Joe Public during all of this was Ian fcking MIlne...

* Edited for spelling/ crappy scanning *
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 17:26]
Yet more musings on Marcus on 18:55 - Aug 14 with 3374 viewsIllinoisblue

two things: 1) Suffolk people are slow to rise up and brandish pitchforks. 2) deep down, it's hard to protest against the man who keeps us alive. You can argue all you like about what it means to be alive (in Division 3) but alive we are because of him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yet more musings on Marcus on 18:58 - Aug 14 with 3368 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more musings on Marcus on 17:22 - Aug 14 by Funge

Conversely, I don't doubt it at all (although I cannot speak for Joe, of course).

We're a small provincial club in a small provincial town; everyone talks to everyone else.

There was a lot of chat during and after the Brentford home game last year (they battered us first half, we somehow drew 1-1 with a pretty nice Jackson header, as I recall) about how ME had lost all patience that day with PH's coaching methods/ general attitude, and was actively looking to replace him. This was subsequently confirmed to be legitimate from a few different sources on here thereafter...

This isn't a Premier League club, where you might think that dealings are carried out in relative secrecy - the conduit between ME and Joe Public during all of this was Ian fcking MIlne...

* Edited for spelling/ crappy scanning *
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 17:26]

So tell me, who was in for us?

Yet more musings on Marcus on 19:28 - Aug 14 with 3326 viewsgazzer1999

Goodness knows what the people on this forum would have made of life under the Cobbolds, especially the lefties over having Old Eatonians running the club who considered a real crisis was running out of wine in the boardroom. We move with the times no internet forums for people 'in the know' to stir up rubbish about how we should run the club in those days. What ever you lot think of M.E. he is the owner and does things as he see's fit, just as the Cobbold's in their day. I really dread to think where we may be without his stewardship of the club. He does invest money every season and still its not enough for you lot, at least if it goes on the balance sheet it is all owed to him not some bank who could foreclose.
I am lucky to have witnessed the great days under Sir Bobby but it was not all plain sailing all the time, we will get there with P.L. he connects with the fans and would probably like money to spend. But when there is none that is when good coaches come through, just like Sir Bobby did.
Just remember the last time we tried to think we were like the big boys under Sheepy. And that is where you can probably trace back to when it really went wrong big time, and why we are where we are.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 19:38 - Aug 14 with 3292 viewsFunge

Yet more musings on Marcus on 18:58 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

So tell me, who was in for us?

Jilly Goolden.
Yet more musings on Marcus on 19:57 - Aug 14 with 3240 viewsitfc_bucks

Yet more musings on Marcus on 19:28 - Aug 14 by gazzer1999

Goodness knows what the people on this forum would have made of life under the Cobbolds, especially the lefties over having Old Eatonians running the club who considered a real crisis was running out of wine in the boardroom. We move with the times no internet forums for people 'in the know' to stir up rubbish about how we should run the club in those days. What ever you lot think of M.E. he is the owner and does things as he see's fit, just as the Cobbold's in their day. I really dread to think where we may be without his stewardship of the club. He does invest money every season and still its not enough for you lot, at least if it goes on the balance sheet it is all owed to him not some bank who could foreclose.
I am lucky to have witnessed the great days under Sir Bobby but it was not all plain sailing all the time, we will get there with P.L. he connects with the fans and would probably like money to spend. But when there is none that is when good coaches come through, just like Sir Bobby did.
Just remember the last time we tried to think we were like the big boys under Sheepy. And that is where you can probably trace back to when it really went wrong big time, and why we are where we are.

This
Yet more musings on Marcus on 21:20 - Aug 14 with 3136 viewsbraveblue

So just lay down and accept his shambolic leadership of our club. Really!!!!
Yet more musings on Marcus on 21:37 - Aug 14 with 3106 viewsFixed_It

Yet more musings on Marcus on 19:57 - Aug 14 by itfc_bucks

This

And that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Yet more musings on Marcus on 21:38 - Aug 14 with 3103 viewsCoastalblue

Yet more musings on Marcus on 21:20 - Aug 14 by braveblue

So just lay down and accept his shambolic leadership of our club. Really!!!!

His biggest problem has not been the money he's put in, that is considerable by anybody's standards. His issue is the lack of footballing nous we have displayed as a club since he arrived.

If we're going to get on his back about something that's what it should be, not demanding another £5M a season which in reality he may not have.

All we ever hear on hear is that he doesn't spend enough money.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Yet more musings on Marcus on 21:59 - Aug 14 with 3074 viewsjaykay

Yet more musings on Marcus on 19:28 - Aug 14 by gazzer1999

so it was all the lefties who were calling mick a c@nt and a peado. the ones i saw doing that chanting weren't bearded corduroy jacket wearing but your top gear gang.
your gist of your post about running out of wine in the boardroom etc is well known .
could please tell me how you know its only lefties moaning about evans

just put in stereotypes in for effect

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024