Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if already mentioned 23:10 - Aug 14 with 1413 viewsbournemouthblue

Wilfried Bony is training with Newport

That's a fairly random one
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324968?ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=spo
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 23:10]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Apologies if already mentioned on 00:15 - Aug 15 with 1353 viewsmidastouch

Cheer up Bony, the worst is yet to come!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Apologies if already mentioned on 00:18 - Aug 15 with 1350 viewsmidastouch

All joking aside, somebody did mention that on here or in the comments section the other day, seems bizarre doesn't it. Maybe his agent doesn't know the dialling code for China!

Apologies if already mentioned on 06:48 - Aug 15 with 1266 viewsKieran_Knows

Not really. He’s played for Swansea for god knows how long? You would presume he has a house in that area and Newport is only an hour away for him to get too. He’s clearly only training with them to keep up fitness etc. Players do that all the time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Apologies if already mentioned on 08:05 - Aug 15 with 1191 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Apologies if already mentioned on 06:48 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Not really. He’s played for Swansea for god knows how long? You would presume he has a house in that area and Newport is only an hour away for him to get too. He’s clearly only training with them to keep up fitness etc. Players do that all the time.

He did an interview for The BBC earlier in the week where he said exactly that. House in Swansea, training with Newport for fitness.

Agent on the phone to Italy and Spain apparently.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Apologies if already mentioned on 09:34 - Aug 15 with 1118 viewsmidastouch

Was forgetting how relatively close Newport is to Swansea. I thought it was a bit further away than an hour. Not been to Wales in some time mind you. Last time I went to Wales was when I was a kid to go up Snowdon with my mum and dad so don't know the distances that well. Yeah sounds like he's keeping himself tuned ready for a bigger move somewhere. He's only about 30ish so didn't really think he was ready to drop that far down the league structure as yet. And the amount of money the top level players are earning now, several of them don't even bother to drop down the leagues later on in their careers now as they don't need to worry so much about keeping their money topped up for as long as possible. That is if they haven't gone silly and squandered most of it living a very high-maintenance lifestyle.

Apologies if already mentioned on 19:57 - Aug 15 with 1035 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't disagree, I'm surprised he isn't training with Swansea really unless they consider their squad to strong to tit about with a player like that

He must be a bit of a club legend though you would think

He'd be perfect for Celtic or Rangers but could be holding out for the US or China perhaps?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Apologies if already mentioned on 10:55 - Aug 16 with 835 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Apologies if already mentioned on 19:57 - Aug 15 by bournemouthblue

I don't disagree, I'm surprised he isn't training with Swansea really unless they consider their squad to strong to tit about with a player like that

He must be a bit of a club legend though you would think

He'd be perfect for Celtic or Rangers but could be holding out for the US or China perhaps?

'He made four appearances for the Ivory Coast as they reached the quarter-finals, and it is thanks to a Welshman on the Elephants' staff, Ryland Morgans, that he ended up at Newport.

"He asked how I was feeling after coming back from the African Cup," added Bony, a £28m Manchester City signing in 2014.

"He asked me if I was training with Swansea. I said no, I asked them but the boss there said it was not the appropriate time for that for different reasons. I respect his decision.

"I continued to follow my programme. We were speaking and Ryland told me I can go to Newport - he knows the manager.

"I said why not - let me go there. It's one hour from Swansea so I started training with them."

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024