Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What could possibly go wroñg 15:18 - Aug 15 with 1736 viewsPinewoodblue

A government of national unity, with no involvement of any Brexit supporter, lead by Jeremy Corbin as interim prime minister. What could possibly go wroñg?

With one intention of holding a referendum, but ño indication of what the referendum choices could be.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:26 - Aug 15 with 1713 viewsStokieBlue

Well that's not going to happen anyway. There might be a unity government but JC won't be in charge.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:32 - Aug 15 with 1680 viewsHerbivore

None of that is actually going to happen. However, we are living in extreme times where drastic action may be needed to avert disaster.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:35 - Aug 15 with 1671 viewsCoachRob

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:26 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

Well that's not going to happen anyway. There might be a unity government but JC won't be in charge.

SB

Who will be in charge? Blackford?
What could possibly go wroñg on 15:53 - Aug 15 with 1638 viewsitfcjoe

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:26 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

SB

I wouldn't be surprised - now is not the time for remainers to bicker - JC would only be in charge for weeks to necessitate blocking No Deal and getting a GE organised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:57 - Aug 15 with 1612 views26_Paz

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:32 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

None of that is actually going to happen. However, we are living in extreme times where drastic action may be needed to avert disaster.

I think the sky will fall in, a great plague of locusts will descend upon us and a great flood will occur.

The Paz Man

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:59 - Aug 15 with 1602 viewsStokieBlue

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:53 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't be surprised - now is not the time for remainers to bicker - JC would only be in charge for weeks to necessitate blocking No Deal and getting a GE organised

Lib Dems have said they won't support JC and it can't happen without them so he won't be PM.

They are pushing for Ken Clarke or Harmen as temporary PM.

Why should JC be in charge - he's not a remainer in any way.

SB
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:00]

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 1588 viewsitfcjoe

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:59 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

Lib Dems have said they won't support JC and it can't happen without them so he won't be PM.

They are pushing for Ken Clarke or Harmen as temporary PM.

Why should JC be in charge - he's not a remainer in any way.

SB
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:00]

Because he is the leader of the biggest party - and if all they are trying to do initially is block No Deal then he is the best bet to do so.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:05 - Aug 15 with 1569 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:22 - Aug 15 with 1534 viewsStokieBlue

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:02 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

Because he is the leader of the biggest party - and if all they are trying to do initially is block No Deal then he is the best bet to do so.

I understand that viewpoint, however it still remains the case that you're asking someone who has really not tried to stop Brexit or even bothered to have much of a policy to stop Brexit.

What if there is a crisis during the time he's temporary PM? What we then have is no different to what Boris is - an unelected PM without a majority making major decisions for all of us.

It's need to be thought through more than it has been. If Labour want to stop Brexit why does it matter who is in temporary charge? Why must it be JC? I honestly don't think he has the support of enough of the house.

SB
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:28]

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:27 - Aug 15 with 1520 viewsGlasgowBlue

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:02 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

He doesn’t have the confidence of his own MPs let alone the confidence of the house.

And are the people who were only bleating last month about our PM not being elected, going to do the same if JC gets the gig?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:39 - Aug 15 with 1471 viewsHerbivore

What could possibly go wroñg on 15:57 - Aug 15 by 26_Paz

I think the sky will fall in, a great plague of locusts will descend upon us and a great flood will occur.

Yeah but you also think Boris is a good PM so nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What could possibly go wroñg on 18:06 - Aug 15 with 1397 viewsGuthrum

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:22 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

I understand that viewpoint, however it still remains the case that you're asking someone who has really not tried to stop Brexit or even bothered to have much of a policy to stop Brexit.

What if there is a crisis during the time he's temporary PM? What we then have is no different to what Boris is - an unelected PM without a majority making major decisions for all of us.

It's need to be thought through more than it has been. If Labour want to stop Brexit why does it matter who is in temporary charge? Why must it be JC? I honestly don't think he has the support of enough of the house.

SB

It's getting JC into No. 10 by any means possible, in the hope that he will be able to remain there going forward. Might also prevent an bad Labour collapse in any upcoming General Election.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What could possibly go wroñg on 18:08 - Aug 15 with 1386 viewsm14_blue

It’s a no from me.

Would go down horribly with the public and ensure a good election result for Boris.
What could possibly go wroñg on 18:23 - Aug 15 with 1351 viewsBlueBadger

The words 'no involvement of any Brexit supporter' and 'Jeremy Corbyn' are mutually exclusive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What could possibly go wroñg on 21:13 - Aug 15 with 1241 viewsElderGrizzly

What could possibly go wroñg on 16:22 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Exactly. Whoever it is needs to carry a majority and about 50 of his own MPs are against him.

I thought Jo Swinson put it very well. It shouldn’t matter who is a “2 week PM”, just that no-deal is stopped. And Corbyn simply doesn’t have the votes

What could possibly go wroñg on 22:15 - Aug 15 with 1187 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What could possibly go wroñg on 21:13 - Aug 15 by ElderGrizzly

Exactly. Whoever it is needs to carry a majority and about 50 of his own MPs are against him.

I thought Jo Swinson put it very well. It shouldn’t matter who is a “2 week PM”, just that no-deal is stopped. And Corbyn simply doesn’t have the votes

The problem is no one carries sufficient support. I fear that if they don't accept the leader of the opposition they won't accept anyone.

Lucas's idea of an all-female cabinet seemed pretty ridiculous. There sound like so many different ideas it is a real danger that nothing is acceptable rather like what has got us where we are.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What could possibly go wroñg on 22:49 - Aug 15 with 1153 viewsElderGrizzly

What could possibly go wroñg on 22:15 - Aug 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

The problem is no one carries sufficient support. I fear that if they don't accept the leader of the opposition they won't accept anyone.

Lucas's idea of an all-female cabinet seemed pretty ridiculous. There sound like so many different ideas it is a real danger that nothing is acceptable rather like what has got us where we are.

If you’re trying to stop a no deal Brexit, would you ask someone who has been anti-EU most of his political life to do it?

That is the crux of the issue for me, even before you get to the point he can’t carry his own party
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024