Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... 10:09 - Aug 16 with 3625 viewsSomethingBlue

... is it just one League One-hardened striker and then we're done? I think so; a winger would be nice but with Edwards coming back and Dobra looking as if he might be a good bench option the need isn't as urgent. Could always strike a deal with Grant Ward down the line if we're really stuck. Seems to me that KVY + striker = squad that really should go up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:12 - Aug 16 with 3239 viewsSteve_M

Definitely a striker, if Norwood gets injured we're in trouble. I think we can probably cope otherwise although I would hope Evans would add to the squad in Janaury if we are where we should be then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:12 - Aug 16 with 3223 viewskizaitfc

Yes I imagine it will end up being Elliot once he has been in training for a week or so and it can be proved he is fit and not an injury risk.

PL did say 3 players tho so maybe he will still look for another defensive option, or maybe a winger

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:13 - Aug 16 with 3213 viewshomer_123

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:12 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Definitely a striker, if Norwood gets injured we're in trouble. I think we can probably cope otherwise although I would hope Evans would add to the squad in Janaury if we are where we should be then.

Like he did when Mick has us up top.....here's hoping he's learnt from that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:14 - Aug 16 with 3212 viewsSomethingBlue

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:12 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Yep, without Norwood up there the risk of looking pretty but essentially power-puff jumps massively — as does the prospect of some massive frustration. One fairly physical guy as an alternative option — Elliott would still do if fit — and for me we're getting close to "no excuses" territory.

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:16 - Aug 16 with 3176 viewschicoazul

I know that dude was lying about Leon Clarke but that is exactly the type of player we need.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:17 - Aug 16 with 3162 viewsBluefish

Correct but that also depends on Sears coming back or we would still look light up top with just 1 addition. Jackson cannot play as a 1 and struggles even in a 2 at the moment. Judge and Roberts really aren't options up front. An injury to Norwood and we are mid table

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:19 - Aug 16 with 3136 viewsMrTown

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:12 - Aug 16 by kizaitfc

Yes I imagine it will end up being Elliot once he has been in training for a week or so and it can be proved he is fit and not an injury risk.

PL did say 3 players tho so maybe he will still look for another defensive option, or maybe a winger

Recon he has settled on Wilson.

Wilson
KVY
Striker

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:20 - Aug 16 with 3128 viewsWestcountryblue

I think a big nasty target man is what’s currently missing. Norwood is currently doing the dirty work upfront and coming deep to collect the ball, but in an ideal world you’d rather someone else was doing this, so he can be the fox in the box as his movement and ability to read the game is exceptional. Murphy would be the ideal signing on a 1 year deal with an extension. Never underestimate the influence experienced players like him have both on and off the field in a young squad.

In an ideal world, we probably need a bit of cover at LB, but KVY frees up Donacien who can be used as versatile cover across the back 4. With Lankester probably out until February a right sided inside forward/winger might be a good addition, but Sears will probably be used on the left competing alongside Garbutt when he returns with Rowe and Edwards battling it out for the right hand side.

Hopefully the following will be back soon

Nsiala - 2 weeks
Bishop - 5 weeks
Sears 5/6 weeks

Good players to welcome back into the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:22 - Aug 16 with 3097 viewschicoazul

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:20 - Aug 16 by Westcountryblue

I think a big nasty target man is what’s currently missing. Norwood is currently doing the dirty work upfront and coming deep to collect the ball, but in an ideal world you’d rather someone else was doing this, so he can be the fox in the box as his movement and ability to read the game is exceptional. Murphy would be the ideal signing on a 1 year deal with an extension. Never underestimate the influence experienced players like him have both on and off the field in a young squad.

In an ideal world, we probably need a bit of cover at LB, but KVY frees up Donacien who can be used as versatile cover across the back 4. With Lankester probably out until February a right sided inside forward/winger might be a good addition, but Sears will probably be used on the left competing alongside Garbutt when he returns with Rowe and Edwards battling it out for the right hand side.

Hopefully the following will be back soon

Nsiala - 2 weeks
Bishop - 5 weeks
Sears 5/6 weeks

Good players to welcome back into the squad.

lol at anyone putting definite timelines on players returning, have you learned nothing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:26 - Aug 16 with 3053 viewsWestcountryblue

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:22 - Aug 16 by chicoazul

lol at anyone putting definite timelines on players returning, have you learned nothing.

Didn’t say they were ‘definite’, but we can expect these players to return to training around that time...
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:27 - Aug 16 with 3028 viewsSomethingBlue

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:16 - Aug 16 by chicoazul

I know that dude was lying about Leon Clarke but that is exactly the type of player we need.

Completely.

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:32 - Aug 16 with 2967 viewsxrayspecs

Dobra was a real bright spark on Tuesday, so you could be right and PL drops his plan to add another wide player into the mix.

A target man is a definite.

Not sure we should be expecting much if anything from the long term injured this season - Sears, Lankester, Folami, Nydam, Morris - they are going to take quite a while to get back up to full speed.

I would like to see a couple of Championship level additions in January to get us over the line and start to strengthen for next season.
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:33 - Aug 16 with 2966 viewsWestcountryblue

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:27 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

Completely.

His goalscoring record at this level is exceptional, however big questions have been raised about his attitude and professionalism in the past hence why he has had such a nomadic career.
As long as he was putting the ball in the back of the net and winning games for us, I’d be happy with that, but I’d prefer Murphy given that he already knows key members of our squad and would be a real handful against tiring defences.
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:43 - Aug 16 with 2864 viewsMullet

I'm guessing Elliott is linked to the Bart deal in that we're going to get favourable terms for him. He doesn't excite much, the bloke blagging Leon Clarke had the right idea.

However, I wonder if we'll end up with someone like Kazaiah Sterling or Tyrese Campbell if their clubs want to get them out there. That sort of loan for six months seems common at Div 3 and we then have players coming back.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:44 - Aug 16 with 2859 viewschicoazul

Sounds like Lambert wants another LB too from that press conference.

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:47 - Aug 16 with 2832 viewsSomethingBlue

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:44 - Aug 16 by chicoazul

Sounds like Lambert wants another LB too from that press conference.

Maybe doesn't rate Kenlock as highly as he says then, given we could probably get by with KVY or Garbutt covering that position if needed.

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:48 - Aug 16 with 2813 viewschicoazul

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:47 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

Maybe doesn't rate Kenlock as highly as he says then, given we could probably get by with KVY or Garbutt covering that position if needed.

He said he knows KVY could play there but Lambert was clear he has been brough in as an RB, Garbutt and Nydam are injured so strong implication that he wants another one in.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 10:48]

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:49 - Aug 16 with 2798 viewsBiGDonnie

I'm disappointed we didn't bring Keane back. I think him and Norwood together (if fit) would all but guarantee top two.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:59 - Aug 16 with 2713 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:47 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

I think he does rate him - it's more that he is basically our only left back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:02 - Aug 16 with 2697 viewsBlueBadger

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:13 - Aug 16 by homer_123

Like he did when Mick has us up top.....here's hoping he's learnt from that.

Don't worry, he won't have.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:03 - Aug 16 with 2690 viewsGerkensBeard

I think Lambert would be silly not to use the loan market. There will be a fair few 3rd/4th choice championship strikers who I’m sure would happily be part of a promotion push. Plus we’re likely looking for an experienced target man so any fee wouldn’t make a lot of sense if they’ve only got a couple years left of playing.

Leon Clarke or Daryl Murphy. That’ll do me
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:07 - Aug 16 with 2660 viewsJakeITFC

I think we are still short of quality at centre-back, left-back, out wide and up top.

Quite whether we need to fill those holes to go up is another question. I’d be worried if Kenlock as our left back for the remainder of the season the most of of all of those positions I think.
Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:10 - Aug 16 with 2640 viewsSomethingBlue

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:07 - Aug 16 by JakeITFC

I think we are still short of quality at centre-back, left-back, out wide and up top.

Quite whether we need to fill those holes to go up is another question. I’d be worried if Kenlock as our left back for the remainder of the season the most of of all of those positions I think.

I think we can get through at centre-back as long as Nsiala recovers pretty soon. Two from three of him, Chambers, Woolfenden should usually be enough. Wilson is alright for dire emergencies as he showed at Burton. Also suspect we have the stop-gaps to deal with the wing and left-back situations although I wouldn't be averse to a loanee winger. It's up front that's the massive priority for me; anything else is just a bonus at this point.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 11:17]

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:44 - Aug 16 with 2399 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:10 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

I think we can get through at centre-back as long as Nsiala recovers pretty soon. Two from three of him, Chambers, Woolfenden should usually be enough. Wilson is alright for dire emergencies as he showed at Burton. Also suspect we have the stop-gaps to deal with the wing and left-back situations although I wouldn't be averse to a loanee winger. It's up front that's the massive priority for me; anything else is just a bonus at this point.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 11:17]

Also have Donacien for CB, and Skuse if an emergency.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 2367 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Assuming Vincent-Young signs ... on 10:49 - Aug 16 by BiGDonnie

I'm disappointed we didn't bring Keane back. I think him and Norwood together (if fit) would all but guarantee top two.

Assuming Keane can stay fit goes against all the evidence.

He's played 20 league games in one season, after that his highest tally is 13.

Relying on Keane being fit for the campaign isn't realtistic.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024