Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... 13:24 - Aug 16 with 4885 viewsKieran_Knows

.. Steve Dale, having a pop at each other live on TalkSport this morning. Incredible.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 4314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Quite unprofessional from Talksport.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:02 - Aug 16 with 4173 viewsnsblu1

wow
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:04 - Aug 16 with 4159 viewsGirthyguy

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 13:31 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Makes good listening though. Be interested to know who's the bullsh1tter. Im going for the chairman. Feel so sorry for the fans I hope they do get saved.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:08 - Aug 16 with 4119 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 13:31 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, Getting a man about to lose everything and his employer go head to head on radio for 'entertainment' is about as shoite as it gets.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:42 - Aug 16 with 3991 viewsIllinoisblue

not really, no. I'd rather hear direct from the people involved than have their pundits blab on about it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:47 - Aug 16 with 3951 viewssparks

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:42 - Aug 16 by Illinoisblue

not really, no. I'd rather hear direct from the people involved than have their pundits blab on about it.

There does not seem to be an actual argument here. The chairman is hiding behind semantics.

He objects to people saying that they have not been paid- when the reality is they have been partially paid, late, by a third party.

Difficult to see that makes his position any better. All about deflection.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 15:09 - Aug 16 with 3826 viewsGlebeTractor

It's where he says that they have been paid 50% of their wages for 4 months, Dawson says, so only 2 months wages, in 6 months yeah....

Owner can't do the math, no wonder they're in trouble.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 16:10 - Aug 16 with 3659 viewsIllinoisblue

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 14:47 - Aug 16 by sparks

There does not seem to be an actual argument here. The chairman is hiding behind semantics.

He objects to people saying that they have not been paid- when the reality is they have been partially paid, late, by a third party.

Difficult to see that makes his position any better. All about deflection.

indeed. the owner seems to be living in fantasy land. hard to see any way in which Bury survive this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 16:29 - Aug 16 with 3591 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 16:48 - Aug 16 with 3520 viewssparks

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 16:29 - Aug 16 by BryanPlug

Whats unprofessional? Their business (and I cant call it a profession) is making radio shows and entertainment. That's exactly what they did. And neither had to take part.

Jim White is an irritating prat to whom I refuse to listen, but thats another story.

The likelihood of an average Bury Town player being on £5,000 a week is nil.

Even if it were not, someone not getting paid for 4 months in 6 is going to wreak havoc- not least with the mortgage...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 16:58 - Aug 16 with 3479 viewsActionMan

Can we look forward to a Lambert/Evans showdown in future then?
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 17:05 - Aug 16 with 3458 viewsBryanPlug

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 16:48 - Aug 16 by sparks

Whats unprofessional? Their business (and I cant call it a profession) is making radio shows and entertainment. That's exactly what they did. And neither had to take part.

Jim White is an irritating prat to whom I refuse to listen, but thats another story.

The likelihood of an average Bury Town player being on £5,000 a week is nil.

Even if it were not, someone not getting paid for 4 months in 6 is going to wreak havoc- not least with the mortgage...

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:33 - Aug 16 with 3231 viewstractorboy1978

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 17:05 - Aug 16 by BryanPlug

Why should he have to sell his house?

People live to their means. If you are earning £25k a year, your outgoings reflect that. If you are earning £100k a year, you have a larger house with a higher mortgage and higher running costs etc. If suddenly you only received two months wages within a six month period you would probably be struggling.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:35 - Aug 16 with 3226 viewsbefxblue

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 17:05 - Aug 16 by BryanPlug

Downsizing to suit his means would not be an overnight process though, and his means/mortgage would have been based on the current contract he is on. It's not his fault his employer cannot honour the contract, and if he ever had to downsize due to a wage change when his contract ended, it could have been done on his terms, he shouldn't be forced into that position before that.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:41 - Aug 16 with 3204 viewspointofblue

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:35 - Aug 16 by befxblue

Downsizing to suit his means would not be an overnight process though, and his means/mortgage would have been based on the current contract he is on. It's not his fault his employer cannot honour the contract, and if he ever had to downsize due to a wage change when his contract ended, it could have been done on his terms, he shouldn't be forced into that position before that.

I appreciate what you are saying but those on much lower wages than footballers would have gone through just that - losing their job security or businesses going into administration without warning. It shouldn't happen, it's horrible for all those who are suffering from it, but I remember when we went into administration and the football creditors were evntually paid in full. The local businesses, some of whom relied on the club's business to survive, got a mere percentage.

Edited to add: Going by the interview itself Bury will continue to be poisoned whilst Dale is in charge. At best he is completely out of his depth.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 18:51]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:12 - Aug 16 with 3112 viewsPippin1970

I feel sorry more for the ones behind the scenes like the groundsman, cleaners etc etc.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:15 - Aug 16 with 3098 viewsFreddies_Ears

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:33 - Aug 16 by tractorboy1978

People live to their means. If you are earning £25k a year, your outgoings reflect that. If you are earning £100k a year, you have a larger house with a higher mortgage and higher running costs etc. If suddenly you only received two months wages within a six month period you would probably be struggling.

Until I heard that interview, I had given the chairman the benefit of any doubt. No more. He kept contradicting himself and even lied. Bury players are likely to be on around 2k a week - halve that for 6 months and it hurts massively. If the chairman has money, why not pay the staff, and not just the players?

Now, I suspect he doesn't have the money, but expects to gain from owning the site when the club folds (an allegation he utterly failed to counter).
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:18 - Aug 16 with 3093 viewsbefxblue

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:41 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

I appreciate what you are saying but those on much lower wages than footballers would have gone through just that - losing their job security or businesses going into administration without warning. It shouldn't happen, it's horrible for all those who are suffering from it, but I remember when we went into administration and the football creditors were evntually paid in full. The local businesses, some of whom relied on the club's business to survive, got a mere percentage.

Edited to add: Going by the interview itself Bury will continue to be poisoned whilst Dale is in charge. At best he is completely out of his depth.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 18:51]

Fair point, I didn't really consider the others within the club that may have been equally affected in the same way, but dont have a chance of reimbursement. The PFA will cover some of Dawsons wages but not the staff. As you said though, not a good or fair situation for any staff member of the club.

I wonder if Dawson will suffer any repercussions from the club for his comments?
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:24 - Aug 16 with 3069 viewstractorboy7777

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 18:33 - Aug 16 by tractorboy1978

Realistically, a footballer should realise that buying a more expensive house because they can afford it now is daft. I’d say the player is probably on £1.5k to £2k a week which is £78k a year minimum. Someone on that type of salary could pay off a 90% mortgage on a £350k house in their playing career... If you earn that sort of money and want to spend a lot of it on a house, when without a doubt could afford comfortably a tidy family house that a large portion of the country couldn’t afford, then more fool you.

He doesn’t live within his means if he can only go without 2 months pay before losing his house.

However, what’s going on up in Bury is a sign of what football could well become in the near future.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:36 - Aug 16 with 3025 viewssparks

This would be a station which gives regular air time to Simon Jordan.

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:40 - Aug 16 with 3012 viewssparks

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:24 - Aug 16 by tractorboy7777

Realistically, a footballer should realise that buying a more expensive house because they can afford it now is daft. I’d say the player is probably on £1.5k to £2k a week which is £78k a year minimum. Someone on that type of salary could pay off a 90% mortgage on a £350k house in their playing career... If you earn that sort of money and want to spend a lot of it on a house, when without a doubt could afford comfortably a tidy family house that a large portion of the country couldn’t afford, then more fool you.

He doesn’t live within his means if he can only go without 2 months pay before losing his house.

However, what’s going on up in Bury is a sign of what football could well become in the near future.

Its 2 months pay out of 6, and getting 50% going forward by the sounds of it. Not unreasonable to complain about the impact of that. Its likely to be a good wage, but we are not in premier league wodnerland here. Take several thousand a month out of a budget for people on that sort of salary is clearly significant.

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 20:03 - Aug 16 with 2953 viewsSonOfSpock

Pretty poor form as far as I'm concerned.
Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 21:01 - Aug 16 with 2843 viewsN2_Blue

Sorry but you haven't got a clue about lower league salaries if you believe that.
Probably 50% of players in L2 would be absolutely screwed with mortgage and bills in they go unpaid for 4 months.
Remember players may have all sorts of commitments that you have no clue about. Best to not make assumptions about peoples finances where you have no clue!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 21:04 - Aug 16 with 2831 viewsN2_Blue

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:24 - Aug 16 by tractorboy7777

you really have no idea about his personal circumstances so best not to comment really and pass judgement.

He could have been paying medical fees, investing money elsewhere which is tied up or anything.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 22:59 - Aug 16 with 2678 viewsitfc_bucks

Bury player (Stephen Dawson) and Bury Chairman... ... on 19:18 - Aug 16 by befxblue

Fair point, I didn't really consider the others within the club that may have been equally affected in the same way, but dont have a chance of reimbursement. The PFA will cover some of Dawsons wages but not the staff. As you said though, not a good or fair situation for any staff member of the club.

I wonder if Dawson will suffer any repercussions from the club for his comments?

Maybe the club could suspend him from this weekends game?

Withhold a weeks wages perhaps?

Oh...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024