Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... 14:43 - Aug 16 with 8508 viewsmidastouch

It's sometimes felt like a Game of Loans at Ipswich. Feels almost like we've had more loans than Wonga dished out (at a hefty cost!) during Boy George's (real name - or at least born as - Gideon Osborne) years of harsh austerity!

So anybody want to chip in with some random loans we've had down the years? I expect most will be memorable for all the wrong reasons! We've been blessed with a few good ones (Fraser, Bullard and Lawrence spring to mind immediately) but seems we've had more than our fair share of cast offs!

I'll start with Samassi Abou and Paolo Vernazza!

Sorry if we've been here before but if so I'm afraid I missed out on any prior ITFC Games of Loans / Top Trumps.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:44 - Aug 16 with 5030 viewsIllinoisblue

Adam Proudlock

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:44 - Aug 16 with 5026 viewsmidastouch

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:44 - Aug 16 by Illinoisblue

Adam Proudlock

Ouch! :-)

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:48 - Aug 16 with 4993 viewsTractor_Buck

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:44 - Aug 16 by Illinoisblue

Adam Proudlock

Recently resigned as manager of Wellington Amateurs in the West Midlands Regional League. He didn't actually lead them in a competitive game - his appointment and resignation all happened in pre-season.

As for his time at AFC Telford......
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:48 - Aug 16 with 4989 viewsportmantales

Tony Dinning
Daniel Karbassiyoon
Was Ricardo Fuller a loan?

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:49 - Aug 16 with 4981 viewsMattinLondon

Adam Proudlock

I see your Adam Proudlock and raise you Marlon Harewood - missed from inside of the net.
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:50 - Aug 16 with 4976 viewsMattinLondon

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:48 - Aug 16 by portmantales

Tony Dinning
Daniel Karbassiyoon
Was Ricardo Fuller a loan?

Fuller was a loan and I thought that he was a good player.
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:52 - Aug 16 with 4970 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Stephen Gleeson ....... what an inspirational one this was
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:53 - Aug 16 with 4963 viewsKieran_Knows

Zeki Fryers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:53 - Aug 16 with 4961 viewsRonFearonsHair

Bobby Howe
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:54 - Aug 16 with 4959 viewskizaitfc

Jeffers was an odd one, but was such an exciting end of the season with him in the squad

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:56 - Aug 16 with 4956 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Frazer Richardson ..... played as a ... right winger against Burnley, in the game where we were still having play-off hopes.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 14:56]
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:57 - Aug 16 with 4943 viewsjudespiveyg

Jordan Graham (twice)
Richie Wellens
Rory Fallon
Gianni Zuiverloon
Danny Higginbotham
Zeki Fryers
Stephen Bywater

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 14:57 - Aug 16 with 4939 viewsEJP

Marc Burchilll
Mark Fish
Daniel Karbassiyooni
Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 14:59 - Aug 16 with 4922 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mark Fish (n/t) on 15:05 - Aug 16 with 4897 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:09 - Aug 16 with 4888 viewsportmantales

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 14:59 - Aug 16 by Bloots

Stern John!

The most left field unreal loan ever though is Gio Dos Santos on 15:10 - Aug 16 with 4881 viewshomer_123

isn't it.

I mean.....how the heck did that ever happen?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 15:10 - Aug 16 with 4883 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Moritz Volz. Was he a loan?
The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 15:13 - Aug 16 with 4877 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Jonathan Macken
Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:13 - Aug 16 with 4879 viewsmidastouch

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:09 - Aug 16 by portmantales

Stern John!

Oh yeah Stern John, that was just crazy! We had Wickham and Rhodes then I think (or certainly Wickham, Rhodes might of been sold by then)! And it gets even crazier, I think Stern John had only scored about 1 goal in 40 odd games just before we got him (something daft like that!) and that might of been a penalty! My numbers might be a bit out but whatever it was, it wasn't a recent goal scoring record you'd go down the pub and brag about! He wasn't so bad a few years prior to when we got him but by the time Keane got him here he was all washed up!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 15:14]

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 15:16 - Aug 16 with 4860 viewsfactual_blue

Michael Clegg

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 16 with 4850 viewsportmantales

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:13 - Aug 16 by midastouch

Oh yeah Stern John, that was just crazy! We had Wickham and Rhodes then I think (or certainly Wickham, Rhodes might of been sold by then)! And it gets even crazier, I think Stern John had only scored about 1 goal in 40 odd games just before we got him (something daft like that!) and that might of been a penalty! My numbers might be a bit out but whatever it was, it wasn't a recent goal scoring record you'd go down the pub and brag about! He wasn't so bad a few years prior to when we got him but by the time Keane got him here he was all washed up!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 15:14]

Scored in the famous 3-2 Coventry game with Pablo's last minute winner. It somewhat overshadowed Stern's contribution

The Game of Loans! Random loans from down the years... on 15:25 - Aug 16 with 4819 viewsTractorCam

Toumani Diagouraga
Patrick Kisnorbo
Conor Sammon

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The most left field unreal loan ever though is Gio Dos Santos on 15:26 - Aug 16 with 4809 viewsTractorCam

The most left field unreal loan ever though is Gio Dos Santos on 15:10 - Aug 16 by homer_123

isn't it.

I mean.....how the heck did that ever happen?

To think a year or 2 before he was getting games for Barca!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:31 - Aug 16 with 4796 viewsmidastouch

Rory Fallon. End. (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 16 by portmantales

Scored in the famous 3-2 Coventry game with Pablo's last minute winner. It somewhat overshadowed Stern's contribution

oh yeah forgot that, Pablo scored in about the 96 or 97 min (straight from kick off virtually I think after Coventry had just levelled) with some nifty footwork, which was nice as down the years it's always felt like a lot more of those have gone against us rather than for us!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024