Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HRMC expenses claims 19:15 - Aug 16 with 1145 viewsPippin1970

Its like getting a blood out of stone with these guys. Got their eventually but pain in the arse. Every year like it. Anyone have same issues?
HRMC expenses claims on 19:17 - Aug 16 with 1127 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yep, try getting a rebate out of them!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

HRMC expenses claims on 19:28 - Aug 16 with 1099 viewsjeera

Had a few run-ins with them.

Scum of the Earth.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

HRMC expenses claims on 19:40 - Aug 16 with 1081 viewsbefxblue

Yes.

If they think you owe them, you will be expected to settle immediately or have HMRC agents visit you, or show proof that you dont owe them.

I have had several instances where my electronic submission of taxes have not made it to HMRC, even though I have e-reciepts, prompting HMRC to demand 5 figure sums.

This wouldn't bother me as everything is documented and eventually resolved, but I am currently owed a massive amount in overpaid taxes, which apparently takes 12 weeks to process, which I will have to live with.

I wonder what HMRC would say to me if I told them they had to wait 12 weeks for their money if I owed them.

Edit: sorry, not strictly on topic RE expenses, but indicative of their poor practices.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 19:42]
HRMC expenses claims on 20:32 - Aug 16 with 1002 viewsdirtyboy

HRMC expenses claims on 19:40 - Aug 16 by befxblue

Yes.

If they think you owe them, you will be expected to settle immediately or have HMRC agents visit you, or show proof that you dont owe them.

I have had several instances where my electronic submission of taxes have not made it to HMRC, even though I have e-reciepts, prompting HMRC to demand 5 figure sums.

This wouldn't bother me as everything is documented and eventually resolved, but I am currently owed a massive amount in overpaid taxes, which apparently takes 12 weeks to process, which I will have to live with.

I wonder what HMRC would say to me if I told them they had to wait 12 weeks for their money if I owed them.

Edit: sorry, not strictly on topic RE expenses, but indicative of their poor practices.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 19:42]

Try dealing with them daily.

Then have clients (who pay me good money to get refunds etc) on your back because HMRC take 12 weeks (sometimes longer) to deal with anything.

They make my life so difficult, but ultimately keep me busy. Remember kids, tax doesn’t have to be taxing and HMRC have the Office for Tax Simplification doing a cracking job year on year lol
HRMC expenses claims on 21:17 - Aug 16 with 954 viewsjeera

HRMC expenses claims on 20:32 - Aug 16 by dirtyboy

Try dealing with them daily.

Then have clients (who pay me good money to get refunds etc) on your back because HMRC take 12 weeks (sometimes longer) to deal with anything.

They make my life so difficult, but ultimately keep me busy. Remember kids, tax doesn’t have to be taxing and HMRC have the Office for Tax Simplification doing a cracking job year on year lol

They incorrectly said I owed them money when I knew I didn't and told me it was my problem to prove otherwise.

I set about doing so but they still chased me relentlessly the entire time; 2 different collection agencies on my back constantly.

Each time I called HMRC nobody there was interested in anything I had to say, regardless of evidence I offered.

It eventually took an individual senior staff member to take an interest and listen and she backed me up after doing her own research.

Months of misery and I'd done nothing wrong.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

HRMC expenses claims on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 896 viewsPippin1970

HRMC expenses claims on 21:17 - Aug 16 by jeera

They incorrectly said I owed them money when I knew I didn't and told me it was my problem to prove otherwise.

I set about doing so but they still chased me relentlessly the entire time; 2 different collection agencies on my back constantly.

Each time I called HMRC nobody there was interested in anything I had to say, regardless of evidence I offered.

It eventually took an individual senior staff member to take an interest and listen and she backed me up after doing her own research.

Months of misery and I'd done nothing wrong.

Feel for you m8 not good. Mileage is the worst. My company pays 25p a mile contribution so claim up to 45p here . So calculating the rest on 12000 miles business is hard work.
HRMC expenses claims on 21:59 - Aug 16 with 885 viewsRyorry

Oh lord, I've got my first one to do as I've recently crept over the threshold :(

I voluntarily got in touch with them last year, they said don't worry, we'll send you paperwork - they didn't.

Got in touch again this year, woman interrupted me after I'd spoken a couple of sentences, saying "no, you're alright, you don't need to pay as you're a pensioner" & put the phone down on me!

I rang back as I knew I did (owing to the new rental income) & that was confirmed by another officer. I imagine if I'd taken the first one at her word but it was later discovered that I hadn't paid, they'd be pursuing me relentlessly, maybe even prosecuting me ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024