Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) 22:42 - Aug 16 with 4350 viewsITFC_Forever

Bonkers.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 22:43]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 22:56 - Aug 16 with 4278 viewsportmanking

Totally and utterly out of his depth though. Looked like a lost lamb on the touchline tonight.
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 22:57 - Aug 16 with 4275 viewsmidastouch

Virtually nothing surprises me in football now. Something must of been badly wrong behind the scenes and the players just weren't buying into him or perhaps he upset the wrong person, who knows!
What I do know is this, the last person that quits or gets fired will be held responsible for everything that goes wrong for quite a while as yet! If the next manager is clever he can tap into this and buy himself a free extended honeymoon period!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 22:59]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 4138 views66notout

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 22:57 - Aug 16 by midastouch

Virtually nothing surprises me in football now. Something must of been badly wrong behind the scenes and the players just weren't buying into him or perhaps he upset the wrong person, who knows!
What I do know is this, the last person that quits or gets fired will be held responsible for everything that goes wrong for quite a while as yet! If the next manager is clever he can tap into this and buy himself a free extended honeymoon period!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 22:59]

Like Lambert, you mean.
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 23:31 - Aug 16 with 4072 viewsITFCBlues

Not really, he was utterly hopeless

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 23:35 - Aug 16 with 4057 viewsJ2BLUE

Bit unlucky. Played probably the two best sides in the division at home. Fulham have signed some top class Championship players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 23:57 - Aug 16 with 3976 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 23:35 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Bit unlucky. Played probably the two best sides in the division at home. Fulham have signed some top class Championship players.

Leeds and West Brom are better than derby imo

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 00:34 - Aug 17 with 3906 viewsJ2BLUE

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 23:57 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Leeds and West Brom are better than derby imo

For some reason I had it in my head they had played Leeds. Forgot it was actually Derby!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 02:12 - Aug 17 with 3837 viewsfelixstowefella

As agreed with all above. Had it coming unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 03:15 - Aug 17 with 3813 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 02:12 - Aug 17 by felixstowefella

As agreed with all above. Had it coming unfortunately.

Bit daft to have him starting the season (and presumably buying players)? Doesn't give whoever the new chap is much time!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 06:52 - Aug 17 with 3652 viewsBluefish

Perhaps he said a naughty word or something. Pretty sure we are not allowed to have an opinion on other clubs sacking their manager. I assume the huddersfield fans will get all angry like ours did

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 17 with 3543 viewsITFC_Forever

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 06:52 - Aug 17 by Bluefish

Perhaps he said a naughty word or something. Pretty sure we are not allowed to have an opinion on other clubs sacking their manager. I assume the huddersfield fans will get all angry like ours did

Quite possibly, if Siewert had clearly been destined for the sack and it was inevitable, they’ll be pretty annoyed if the rest of the football world start chiming in with their opinions where they’re not wanted.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 08:03 - Aug 17 with 3450 viewsKieran_Knows

No surprise. I thought it was a rather strange appointment in the first place to be honest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 08:08 - Aug 17 with 3432 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 17 by ITFC_Forever

Quite possibly, if Siewert had clearly been destined for the sack and it was inevitable, they’ll be pretty annoyed if the rest of the football world start chiming in with their opinions where they’re not wanted.

Football fans in having opinions on football shock

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 08:51 - Aug 17 with 3303 viewsMisterBlue

Perhaps they could do with a Yorkshire man that can grind out results. 😉
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 08:54 - Aug 17 with 3298 viewsSuperblue95

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 03:15 - Aug 17 by BrixtonBlue

Bit daft to have him starting the season (and presumably buying players)? Doesn't give whoever the new chap is much time!

It would be a bit like letting a new manager sell some of the top players in a stable squad, buy a load of younger players from the lower divisions, try to instil his own training methods and style of football but do nothing when signs of discontent among the players appear early doors, only to then sack him 2 months into the season.

Oh...

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 10:37 - Aug 17 with 3134 viewsBerlinBlue

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 08:03 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

No surprise. I thought it was a rather strange appointment in the first place to be honest.

No "stranger" than appointing Wagner before him or Farke at Norwich. Both of those turned out well.
Siewert was thrown in at the deep end with a relatively feeble squad for PL standards, then after relegation was expected to rebuild and get results quickly in what we all know is an extremely tough division.
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 10:45 - Aug 17 with 3111 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 08:54 - Aug 17 by Superblue95

It would be a bit like letting a new manager sell some of the top players in a stable squad, buy a load of younger players from the lower divisions, try to instil his own training methods and style of football but do nothing when signs of discontent among the players appear early doors, only to then sack him 2 months into the season.

Oh...

Except at the moment we're not even two weeks into the season.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 17 with 3102 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 06:52 - Aug 17 by Bluefish

I don't think anyone was angry about other fan's opinions when Roy Keane was sacked. I assume that's who you mean? Or was it Jim Magilton?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 11:26 - Aug 17 with 3033 viewsitfcjoe

Was inevitable, but stupid timing - he looked well out of his depth last year and a new Sporting Director who was always going to want his own man

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 11:32 - Aug 17 with 3009 viewsPecker

Not really. Wrong man for the job.
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 11:45 - Aug 17 with 2984 viewsJohnny_Boy

Tuesday 26th February 2019.

That was their last win (1-0 versus Wolves)

So not really bonkers at all.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 11:46]
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 2943 viewsBluefish

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 17 by BrixtonBlue

I don't think anyone was angry about other fan's opinions when Roy Keane was sacked. I assume that's who you mean? Or was it Jim Magilton?

I expect that was better in your head

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 2943 viewsTrumptonBlue

Wonder if they'll be back in for Martin from Wakefield now.
Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 12:08 - Aug 17 with 2931 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 12:05 - Aug 17 by Bluefish

I expect that was better in your head

It's factually correct so not sure how it could be better. Maybe if I did it as interpretive dance.

Jan Siewert sacked from Hudds. (n/t) on 12:12 - Aug 17 with 2924 viewsBloomBlue

The curse of Trevoh, came to Town and within weeks the manager was sacked, went back to Chelsea and within weeks the manager was sacked, moved to Huddersfield and within weeks the manager is sacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024