Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen 16:53 - Aug 17 with 5366 viewsBluefish

Seemed to be an intense competition between kenlock, donacien, edwards and jackson to be the worst player

Skuse was out motm by a mile with a notable mention for Rowe

Another example that 25% of a crowd is better than an away sell out. Nearly a fight in the stands because some bloke decided to spend the whole game abusing chambers
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 16:57]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 4221 viewspointofblue

I guess Kenlock won the worst player battle as you named him twice?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 16:55 - Aug 17 with 4175 viewsnoggin

If there is on thing we can't criticise it's the Town fans. They were brilliant.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 16:58 - Aug 17 with 4091 viewsBluefish

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 16:54 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

I guess Kenlock won the worst player battle as you named him twice?

He did win but the other was Edwards.

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 16:59 - Aug 17 with 4075 viewsclive_baker

Kenlock, Donacien, Jackson have been the known weak links for a while yet continue to play. It looks like JD at least will make way for KVY and Lambert is trying to bring in a striker who will replace Jackson. Maybe we’re stuck with Kenlock at LB? Question marks too around Chambers for me, the sooner we have Nsiala back the better.

On balance a decent point away but a poor performance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 4021 viewssparks

I think you have done Judge a favour by not including him there.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 4013 viewsjudespiveyg

Well Posh aren't bad so a draw isn't too bad a result.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 3998 viewspointofblue

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 16:59 - Aug 17 by clive_baker

Kenlock, Donacien, Jackson have been the known weak links for a while yet continue to play. It looks like JD at least will make way for KVY and Lambert is trying to bring in a striker who will replace Jackson. Maybe we’re stuck with Kenlock at LB? Question marks too around Chambers for me, the sooner we have Nsiala back the better.

On balance a decent point away but a poor performance.

Can't help but wonder if the third player Lambert is after will be a left back.

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:04 - Aug 17 with 3946 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock needs to offer an awful lot more than that if he wants to secure a place.

I think that's incredibly harsh on Jackson and you've not based on today's performance. He chased lost causes and won many times, won a penalty and generally was more effective than Norwood on the whole except the goal.

Would be interested to see your justification for putting Jackson in there.

SB
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 17:05]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:08 - Aug 17 with 3886 viewsBluefish

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:04 - Aug 17 by StokieBlue

Kenlock needs to offer an awful lot more than that if he wants to secure a place.

I think that's incredibly harsh on Jackson and you've not based on today's performance. He chased lost causes and won many times, won a penalty and generally was more effective than Norwood on the whole except the goal.

SB

Some truth in the Jackson comments that it isn't just based on today but he offers so little to the team. Might as well stick a dog on the pitch to run after a crisp packet.

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:08 - Aug 17 with 3886 viewsitfcjoe

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:02 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

I think it has to be, with Nydam getting injured there just isn't anyone capable of playing there now - if we assume Garbutt is here as a winger

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:09 - Aug 17 with 3847 viewsReuser_is_God

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:02 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

He basically said so in his press conference Friday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:10 - Aug 17 with 3830 viewsKieran_Knows

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:08 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

I think it has to be, with Nydam getting injured there just isn't anyone capable of playing there now - if we assume Garbutt is here as a winger

Might be why the number 3 was kept free as well...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 3773 viewspointofblue

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:09 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

I didn't read all his comments from yesterday - it makes sense.

Ben Coker or Stephen Hendrie for me on a free; both let their contracts run down at Southend and the former especially is pretty highly rated. The problem with bringing in frees now, of course, is they'll take time to get up to match fitness.

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 18:36 - Aug 17 with 3532 viewsTractorWood

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 17:09 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

Kenlock was dreadful today. He's got worse in the last 3 years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 19:02 - Aug 17 with 3445 viewsstrikalite

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 18:36 - Aug 17 by TractorWood

Kenlock was dreadful today. He's got worse in the last 3 years.

He was poor, a few of them were, no composure at all on the ball jeez, to think that Posh signed their tall blonde left wing back from Kings Lynn for peanuts..
2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 19:07 - Aug 17 with 3413 viewsThe_Last_Baron

SB

Neither of our full-backs are up to scratch and without good full-backs we aren'g going to get promoted.

The right back slot is now solved with the lad from Colchester coming.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 19:19 - Aug 17 with 3346 viewsTractorWood

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 19:07 - Aug 17 by The_Last_Baron

Neither of our full-backs are up to scratch and without good full-backs we aren'g going to get promoted.

The right back slot is now solved with the lad from Colchester coming.

Agree. Although Donacien seemed to understand the fundamentals of defensive positioning, unlike Kenlock. At times, Kenlock pushed Knudsen for left back but seems to have got worse.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 19:32]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 19:27 - Aug 17 with 3314 viewspointofblue

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 19:19 - Aug 17 by TractorWood

Agree. Although Donacien seemed to understand the fundamentals of defensive positioning, unlike Kenlock. At times, Kenlock pushed Knudsen for left back but seems to have got worse.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 19:32]

Maybe he's someone who needs to be challenged to be at his best? Left back is his for the moment; he has no one fighting him for the position.

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 20:07 - Aug 17 with 3198 viewsITFC_Forever

Agree with you re; Skuse - he was superb today.

Both full-backs were poor - Kenlock never seems to know where the ball is.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:00 - Aug 17 with 3060 viewsPJH

SB

I agree with your point about Jackson purely based on today.
I think what you say is exactly right, he did chase and win lost causes including the penalty and the injury time freekick that led to the corner and then the equalizer.
I also thought that he was generally more effective that Norwood today.
2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:04 - Aug 17 with 3035 viewsOldTimer2

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 20:07 - Aug 17 by ITFC_Forever

Agree with you re; Skuse - he was superb today.

Both full-backs were poor - Kenlock never seems to know where the ball is.

Apart from the cross that led to our first goal

Bobby Robson - thank you

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:08 - Aug 17 with 3007 viewsITFC_Forever

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:04 - Aug 17 by OldTimer2

Run of the mill dropped by the GK.

Think that was more to do with poor goalkeeping than anything our full-back done.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 3006 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:00 - Aug 17 by PJH

I agree with your point about Jackson purely based on today.
I think what you say is exactly right, he did chase and win lost causes including the penalty and the injury time freekick that led to the corner and then the equalizer.
I also thought that he was generally more effective that Norwood today.

Jackson has electric pace, and the energy to keep going for 90+ minutes, so that is good. But his confidence is so low, he always seems to prefer to go down under a light challenge than stay on his feet and try to score. And it was laughable that he mistimed jumps for headers, so the only ball that seems to work for him is a ball played along the deck that he can run on to.

Poll: would you rather

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:12 - Aug 17 with 2976 viewslongtimefan

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:04 - Aug 17 by OldTimer2

Although that wasn’t really a good cross. The keeper would have had no problem with it had he not been “fouled” by his own player! I think the lack of quality delivery into the box is really letting us down at the moment, and that’s not restricted to Kenlock (though I did feel he had a poor game).
2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:19 - Aug 17 with 2935 viewsOldTimer2

2nd half was a clueless as anything we've seen on 21:12 - Aug 17 by longtimefan

Although that wasn’t really a good cross. The keeper would have had no problem with it had he not been “fouled” by his own player! I think the lack of quality delivery into the box is really letting us down at the moment, and that’s not restricted to Kenlock (though I did feel he had a poor game).

Always think Kenlock does better than everyone else seems to. Thought he did okay today, certainly a lot better than Donacien did. Won a few 50/50 and at least tries to get forward and create. Think he finds it difficult when Judge is out wide left as he probably knows that at any point he is going to find himself on his own as Judge has gone wandering.

Bobby Robson - thank you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024