Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) 16:54 - Aug 17 with 3296 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 3281 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 17 with 3281 viewsMullet

Watch Norwood's reaction here too. You can tell he meant every word of that interview.

Don't think he's done that since Sheffield Wednesday away has he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 17 with 3269 viewsgroovyASH

A mistake in him a game

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:56 - Aug 17 with 3230 viewsitfcbam

Bang on! people don't deserve the level he got. especially not when they clearly love the club the way he does.
Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:56 - Aug 17 with 3222 viewsAlanG296

Cost 2 points last week, saves 1 this, so half made up for it today.
Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 17:26 - Aug 17 with 3047 viewsSteve_M

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 17 by Mullet

Watch Norwood's reaction here too. You can tell he meant every word of that interview.

Don't think he's done that since Sheffield Wednesday away has he?

Norwich.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 17:52 - Aug 17 with 2959 viewsKeaneish

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 17 by groovyASH

A mistake in him a game

You been listening to Dave Dymond on the blue Monday podcast or is that your own opinion?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 17 with 2949 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree, mass overreaction to that last week.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 23:15 - Aug 18 with 2755 viewscoolcat

Agree with this. The amount of criticism was disproportionate to the result and current situation.

Yesterday was down near the front when Chambers scored. Showed great character on his part. He was completely unmarked. When I've seen him score goals In the past always known it to be late in the game.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 23:19]
Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 19 with 2638 viewsBluefish

There was a bloke in the crowd shouting abuse everytime Chambers touched the ball. Yelling kick it out when he got the ball, I genuinely assumed a player had a serious injury at first and then realised the bloke was just being a prick. He was too far away from me to tell him but it seems as though another fan did and they had a 20 minute row in the stands

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 09:45 - Aug 19 with 2505 viewsLankHenners

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 19 by Bluefish

There was a bloke in the crowd shouting abuse everytime Chambers touched the ball. Yelling kick it out when he got the ball, I genuinely assumed a player had a serious injury at first and then realised the bloke was just being a prick. He was too far away from me to tell him but it seems as though another fan did and they had a 20 minute row in the stands

As I was walking down the steps at the end of the game I heard some woman complaining to someone next to her that Chambers had scored the equaliser as she 'fcking hates Chambers'. One occasion where Woolfenden overhit a pass and sent it way beyond anyone out of play was met with 'fck sake Chambers you're so fcking sh!t you cnt' from some guy a few rows in front, and at half time the bloke next to me turned round and started explaining how Chambers is the sole cause of all our problems because he's always giving away goals apparently. I said that was unfair but he insisted that Chambers will single-handedly cost us promotion this season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 09:55 - Aug 19 with 2483 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 09:45 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

As I was walking down the steps at the end of the game I heard some woman complaining to someone next to her that Chambers had scored the equaliser as she 'fcking hates Chambers'. One occasion where Woolfenden overhit a pass and sent it way beyond anyone out of play was met with 'fck sake Chambers you're so fcking sh!t you cnt' from some guy a few rows in front, and at half time the bloke next to me turned round and started explaining how Chambers is the sole cause of all our problems because he's always giving away goals apparently. I said that was unfair but he insisted that Chambers will single-handedly cost us promotion this season.

Heard a few kids singing I hate Chambers walking down to the ground.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 09:58 - Aug 19 with 2473 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't understand how these people exist, I really don't — many clubs would kill for somebody who puts in what Chambers has for Town.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 10:06 - Aug 19 with 2445 viewsMrTown

Didn't see read too much, knew the reaction there would be. Was a poor error, he'll know that.

Delighted for him at the weekend though, he's at his best when he plays a simple game and does the basics well. Sometimes he does things that are beyond his capbilties and does't need to do.

He's a very good defender, the perfect partner for Woolfenden, just has to do the basics properly.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 10:36 - Aug 19 with 2415 viewsBlueBlood90

I'm glad he scored and like him for how much he cares, but it was still his poor defending that led to their second goal.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 11:20 - Aug 19 with 2381 viewsSteve_M

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 09:45 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

Wow. That is quite incredible. These people really think that McCarthy's players are the problem, are they the same ones who thought he was holding us back from the top six of the Championship?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:15]

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 11:22 - Aug 19 with 2367 viewsitfcjoe

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 09:55 - Aug 19 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Heard a few kids singing I hate Chambers walking down to the ground.

These things are mad, as well as Henners post above.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 11:24 - Aug 19 with 2352 viewschicoazul

lol wut

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:08 - Aug 19 with 2277 viewsLankHenners

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 11:20 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

Wow. That is quite incredible. These people really think that McCarthy's players are the problem, are they the same ones who thought he was holding us back from the top six of the Championship?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:15]

Really is ridiculous how people react. No surprise that non-McCarthy signed players tend to get much more leeway in people's criticisms, whether they be young players (though there is an issue with terrace criticism already there of course) or someone signed by someone else.

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 19 with 2244 viewsSteve_M

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:08 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

Really is ridiculous how people react. No surprise that non-McCarthy signed players tend to get much more leeway in people's criticisms, whether they be young players (though there is an issue with terrace criticism already there of course) or someone signed by someone else.

There wasn't a great deal of patience with El Mizouni's free kick which he hit over in the closing minutes nor with Clements on Tuesday night but Wolfenden will escape criticism for any mistakes this year from certain fans (like Pennington did last year)

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:33 - Aug 19 with 2210 viewsLankHenners

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

There wasn't a great deal of patience with El Mizouni's free kick which he hit over in the closing minutes nor with Clements on Tuesday night but Wolfenden will escape criticism for any mistakes this year from certain fans (like Pennington did last year)

Pennington was immune from criticism as he was in defence with Luke Chambers, Jordan Spence and Jonas Knudsen so plenty of blame and ire to be shared out among those three.

On El Mizouni, that free kick was probably the wrong choice but I liked the confidence to push senior players out of the way to attempt that, then not be deterred so to go over and take the corner which got the point. Very keen to do quick pass and move plays around the edge of the box which if his teammates had been a bit braver might have turned into something.

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:44 - Aug 19 with 2169 viewsSteve_M

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:33 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

Pennington was immune from criticism as he was in defence with Luke Chambers, Jordan Spence and Jonas Knudsen so plenty of blame and ire to be shared out among those three.

On El Mizouni, that free kick was probably the wrong choice but I liked the confidence to push senior players out of the way to attempt that, then not be deterred so to go over and take the corner which got the point. Very keen to do quick pass and move plays around the edge of the box which if his teammates had been a bit braver might have turned into something.

Indeed. I thought he looked raw and fairly weak last season, amazing what a difference being part of the first team squad, to say nothing of a full international debut can have on a player.

Edit: El Mizouni in case not clear.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 14:16]

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:51 - Aug 19 with 2147 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

Thought the frustration with El Miz’s free kick was more at a rare promising situation being completely wasted in what was at that point an awful half for Town, rather than anyone really paying particular attention to who was taking it

But reaction may have been different elsewhere in the ground, and I know what you mean anyway

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 14:15 - Aug 19 with 2121 viewsbadadski

Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 13:51 - Aug 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought the frustration with El Miz’s free kick was more at a rare promising situation being completely wasted in what was at that point an awful half for Town, rather than anyone really paying particular attention to who was taking it

But reaction may have been different elsewhere in the ground, and I know what you mean anyway

I’ll be honest i am Chambers biggest critic, I don’t really think he is good enough due to his constant mistakes although don’t think he made a mistake on Saturday.
Without having go go gadget toes you can’t put not being able to reach a pass down to a mistake. If he would have fallen over, or been outfoxed then yes but it was just a good pass that he managed to get a toe too.
No mistake in my eyes. I am only going by the highlights but will back him on this one. Good goal also which we missed so much last season with him missing loads of opportunities.
Pleased for Chambers after all the sh*t he has had to suffer this week (n/t) on 14:33 - Aug 19 with 2091 viewsjaykay

what sh*t would that be, a few posters on here. i dont think chambers read to much whats written on here. if there had been 1000s marching to playford rd or all the squad and management shunning him then i would agree. but a few " i know all about football" posters on here didnt make him suffer all week. maybe we had to suffer reading those posts

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024