Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) 17:31 - Aug 17 with 1718 viewsPecker

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:41 - Aug 17 with 1705 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Yes I wasn’t happy that for the second week running an awful mistake looked to have cost us anything from the game and it can’t continue.
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:47 - Aug 17 with 1678 viewscambblue

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:41 - Aug 17 by ColchesterBlue1985

Yes I wasn’t happy that for the second week running an awful mistake looked to have cost us anything from the game and it can’t continue.

I don't understand the level of criticism coming Chambers way.

He is our captain. The fans should be exercising some intelligence and looking at the bigger picture; his general leadership qualities, his positive impact and presence throughout the club, his role with the younger players coming on-board and his impact in the team, which is good enough for L1 and the Championship.

What do you think the club would be like without him? Do you think it would still be as together and have the same connection with the fans? He is integral to that and integral to guiding us back.

Do you think Liverpool players went in to meltdown when StevieG slipped against Chelsea? No..because they understand and value what he did for the club and it's not destroyed by something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I couldn't care less about Chambers mistake last week. It is two points and we must look at the bigger picture this year.

Anyone who doesn't think he is good enough for this league, is just wrong.

Sorry, I've played football at a high level and he absolutely good enough. If you don't see that, you lack a football IQ and that's just a fact.
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 17 with 1647 viewspointofblue

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:47 - Aug 17 by cambblue

He is our captain. The fans should be exercising some intelligence and looking at the bigger picture; his general leadership qualities, his positive impact and presence throughout the club, his role with the younger players coming on-board and his impact in the team, which is good enough for L1 and the Championship.

What do you think the club would be like without him? Do you think it would still be as together and have the same connection with the fans? He is integral to that and integral to guiding us back.

Do you think Liverpool players went in to meltdown when StevieG slipped against Chelsea? No..because they understand and value what he did for the club and it's not destroyed by something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I couldn't care less about Chambers mistake last week. It is two points and we must look at the bigger picture this year.

Sorry, I've played football at a high level and he absolutely good enough. If you don't see that, you lack a football IQ and that's just a fact.

Firstly on the positive impact and presence throughout, it was pretty clear he was one of those who was fired up against Hurst, alongside the other experienced players of the time; maybe understandably so but still it caused a negative impact rather than positive at the time. Defensively, albeit against the weakest of the three opponents we've faced, we probably looked more secure without him in the team than with him in it.

If he was not around then someone else would step up as is the way with football. Whilst praising him he was club captain over the most disastrous campaign seen at Portman Road in over 50 years. The togetherness and connection with the fanbase has been built by Lambert - it certainly wasn't there under McCarthy and Hurst when Chambers' role as captain was, understandably, unchallenged.

There is a huge difference between a slip and giving away goals by not learning from mistakes, especially as an experienced professional. Last week wasn't the first time that Chambers failed to fulfil a basic requirement and won't be the last.

Is he good enough for this league? Yes. Do I think he's as pivotal as you think he is? No. But then Nsiala might be the new Hyam in that the longer he's out of the side the better he gets.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 1597 viewscambblue

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Firstly on the positive impact and presence throughout, it was pretty clear he was one of those who was fired up against Hurst, alongside the other experienced players of the time; maybe understandably so but still it caused a negative impact rather than positive at the time. Defensively, albeit against the weakest of the three opponents we've faced, we probably looked more secure without him in the team than with him in it.

If he was not around then someone else would step up as is the way with football. Whilst praising him he was club captain over the most disastrous campaign seen at Portman Road in over 50 years. The togetherness and connection with the fanbase has been built by Lambert - it certainly wasn't there under McCarthy and Hurst when Chambers' role as captain was, understandably, unchallenged.

There is a huge difference between a slip and giving away goals by not learning from mistakes, especially as an experienced professional. Last week wasn't the first time that Chambers failed to fulfil a basic requirement and won't be the last.

Is he good enough for this league? Yes. Do I think he's as pivotal as you think he is? No. But then Nsiala might be the new Hyam in that the longer he's out of the side the better he gets.

Fair enough, but I have to respectfully disagree with some of what you have said.

...particularly around the point you have made about Hurst and the connection with the club/fans.

I do understand the difference between a slip and a defensive error, it was more just trying to urge people to think about the bigger picture and players overall contribution.

If you remove Chambers from the club altogether, I would give you good odds that Ipswich would not go up this year as a direct result.

I cannot emphasize how important a captain is in a team. Most players are not natural born leaders. We only see a fraction of what goes on at ITFC and how important that leadership and associated qualities are behind the scenes.

A team does not achieve without a strong captain. I've seen that throughout watching and playing football.

You can start to blur those lines when you deal with unbelievable football budgets, but at this level, his role is so, so important.

I do believe Chambers will prove all of the negative posters wrong.
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 1594 viewspennblue

Fair play to him for getting the goal today - hopefully he can kick on from this point.

I don't think anyone wants him to fail, you can see he is a decent bloke. But maybe less talking and more action / leading by example is what is needed right now.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 19:15 - Aug 17 with 1513 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 19:19 - Aug 17 with 1499 viewsblueconscience

He actually played really well in general, but it is frustrating knowing he can undo all his hard work with a silly error.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 20:31 - Aug 17 with 1409 viewsbraveblue

Just a fact!! He is a mediocre player. Makes many mistakes. Scoring a goal has nothing to do with it.
Login to get fewer ads

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 20:36 - Aug 17 with 1389 viewsEireannach_gorm

Absolutely hilarious following the match on the chat room. After the Chambers interception felt a Peterborough player, he was a liability who shout not get near the team. He was dreadful last year and should have been offloaded in the summer. Dreadful, dreadful player who cannot defend. Basically a sh1t player.

Fast forward to injury time when he scores a pretty good goal ( any goal is good ). He is incredible, amazing, he's actually the messiah.

What an amazing transformation over the course of a football match.

Fans are great
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 21:25 - Aug 17 with 1329 viewseddiespearitt03

Chambers is an average League One player. Ipswich will have to battle a lot harder than what was produced today @ Peterborough. Is it a lack of ability, a lack of confidence or do we still have a lack of ideas.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 22:17]
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 21:29 - Aug 17 with 1315 viewshaynes_toe1

Chambers should be and will likely prove to be one of the best defenders in this division by the end of it.
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 21:33 - Aug 17 with 1304 viewsjas0999

So, just because he scores a rare goal, everyone should ignore his constant poor defending. He is after all a defender?
So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 07:47 - Aug 18 with 1161 viewsitfcbam

So all those slagging off Chambers????????? (n/t) on 17:41 - Aug 17 by ColchesterBlue1985

Awful mistake? he did well to cut ball out, many wouldn't have got there, also unlucky where ball fell. sorry don't see that as being totally his fault. Then again there are some "supporters" whose life doesnt seem complete unless they have someone to permanently dig at! thing is with Chambo he actually cares, probably more than some of us!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024