Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season 18:56 - Aug 17 with 2101 viewsFixed_It

And look how a run of results saw their confidence rocket. We still look like a team with fragile self-belief, which is understandable. IF we can get 6 points from the next two, we might start to develop a more positive mindset, and then we might start to see more cohesive performances.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 18:58 - Aug 17 with 2083 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure it was so much about confidence but more about their team gelling. We'll be fine when we really get going. We'll have a new RB, new main striker, Judge is still getting back to full fitness, we have players returning from injury including someone who will probably be a starting CB.

Plenty to be optimistic about but pessimism is easier for many.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 19:23 - Aug 17 with 1993 viewsAYACCA

Agreed, and even if we don't at least we have each other
Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 19:57 - Aug 17 with 1898 viewshaynes_toe1

But they have a very, very specific style of play. Relentless pressing in groups with short one touch passes overloading one area of the pitch.

I wish people would stop trying to make comparisons with us and them. They are a million miles away from anything we are and I'd rather concentrate on just getting out of this league.
Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:16 - Aug 17 with 1842 viewspointofblue

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 19:57 - Aug 17 by haynes_toe1

But they have a very, very specific style of play. Relentless pressing in groups with short one touch passes overloading one area of the pitch.

I wish people would stop trying to make comparisons with us and them. They are a million miles away from anything we are and I'd rather concentrate on just getting out of this league.

That was in place after the third game? Because it certainly wasn't evident during the match at Portman Road!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:17 - Aug 17 with 1832 viewshaynes_toe1

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:16 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

That was in place after the third game? Because it certainly wasn't evident during the match at Portman Road!

Agreed, but derby games notoriously dont lend themselves to fantastic football. At the time Nodge fans said it was there worst performance in a year and they still drew with us. At the time we laughed that off but with hindsight, appears they were right.
Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:25 - Aug 17 with 1796 viewspointofblue

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:17 - Aug 17 by haynes_toe1

Agreed, but derby games notoriously dont lend themselves to fantastic football. At the time Nodge fans said it was there worst performance in a year and they still drew with us. At the time we laughed that off but with hindsight, appears they were right.

You say they claimed it was their worst performance of the year but Norwich fans were so disillusioned at that point that Farke's future at the club was hardly secure. In the run up to that game they had won one, drawn one and lost three and were only two points ahead of us.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 20:30]

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:32 - Aug 17 with 1769 viewshaynes_toe1

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:25 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

You say they claimed it was their worst performance of the year but Norwich fans were so disillusioned at that point that Farke's future at the club was hardly secure. In the run up to that game they had won one, drawn one and lost three and were only two points ahead of us.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 20:30]

Yes although at the time it was only a minority disillusioned with Farke, and it was only our match where we could hear the Farke sort it out chants, because as I say, that was there worst performance. Which adds up, they drew against us and we finished rock bottom.
Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:38 - Aug 17 with 1736 viewspointofblue

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:32 - Aug 17 by haynes_toe1

Yes although at the time it was only a minority disillusioned with Farke, and it was only our match where we could hear the Farke sort it out chants, because as I say, that was there worst performance. Which adds up, they drew against us and we finished rock bottom.

The disillusion crept over from the previous season - they were hardly great admirers of him from them. After us then won their next ten out of twelve and things somehow became fine and dandy. But what I'm saying is things didn't click for them straight away last year; it took time to.

Login to get fewer ads

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:44 - Aug 17 with 1717 viewsMVBlue

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:38 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

The disillusion crept over from the previous season - they were hardly great admirers of him from them. After us then won their next ten out of twelve and things somehow became fine and dandy. But what I'm saying is things didn't click for them straight away last year; it took time to.

They are close to a one man team with Pukey

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:45 - Aug 17 with 1714 viewspointofblue

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:44 - Aug 17 by MVBlue

They are close to a one man team with Pukey

I do wonder when either their opponents work out how to take him out of the game or he picks up an injury.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 22:48]

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 21:25 - Aug 17 with 1594 viewshaynes_toe1

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:45 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

I do wonder when either their opponents work out how to take him out of the game or he picks up an injury.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 22:48]

Just watched prem highlights on sky and Pukki is clinical but as per liverpool match they created alot of clear chances that any striker would love to be playing in. They got another striker on a free with good pedigree but cant remember his name
Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 21:27 - Aug 17 with 1585 viewsFixed_It

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 20:32 - Aug 17 by haynes_toe1

If we (ie Ipswich) had won that game Farke would probably have been sacked. They had been poor prior to the derby game. I am sure you know that really...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 22:06 - Aug 17 with 1432 viewshaynes_toe1

Look at how average Scum looked at the start of last season on 21:27 - Aug 17 by Fixed_It

If we (ie Ipswich) had won that game Farke would probably have been sacked. They had been poor prior to the derby game. I am sure you know that really...

Well, there was no real pressure to sack him and I believe Webber said Farke had the season to get them playing right.

Anyway, it's all irrelevant. We are miles apart let's just concentrate on getting back into the championship. We might even be playing them next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024