Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how were the trains in the end today? 20:24 - Aug 17 with 2561 viewsITFC_Forever

I drove, was home by 7pm.

Wish all away games were that straightforward.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So how were the trains in the end today? on 20:54 - Aug 17 with 2495 viewsEastTownBlue

I drove as well as I didn't think the rail service was up to the amount of people travelling today.

No doubt we will hear more about the 19:50 from Peterborough being cancelled due to "passengers causing a disturbance on this train".
So how were the trains in the end today? on 21:11 - Aug 17 with 2449 viewsITFC_Forever

So how were the trains in the end today? on 20:54 - Aug 17 by EastTownBlue

I drove as well as I didn't think the rail service was up to the amount of people travelling today.

No doubt we will hear more about the 19:50 from Peterborough being cancelled due to "passengers causing a disturbance on this train".

Just read something about that on Twitter.

Apparently a train from Norwich full of budgies and Newcastle fans arrived at the adjacent platform to where some of our finest were waiting to board / boarding their train.

Police had to use batons / gas etc to break it up. Twitter saying it was Ipswich and Norwich, but then the Newcastle fans joined in to add to the fun.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So how were the trains in the end today? on 21:47 - Aug 17 with 2289 viewsLRB84UK

So how were the trains in the end today? on 21:11 - Aug 17 by ITFC_Forever

Apparently a train from Norwich full of budgies and Newcastle fans arrived at the adjacent platform to where some of our finest were waiting to board / boarding their train.

Police had to use batons / gas etc to break it up. Twitter saying it was Ipswich and Norwich, but then the Newcastle fans joined in to add to the fun.

Getting home is a nightmare!! A few town fans tried to get off the train to get to 1 or 2 Norwich fans. Managed to break the train so we all got off the train. Now on the 9.45 which is packed! Right balls up!
So how were the trains in the end today? on 21:55 - Aug 17 with 2228 viewsstrikalite

Whose side were Newcastle fans on I wonder.....
So how were the trains in the end today? on 22:16 - Aug 17 with 2090 viewstextbackup

So how were the trains in the end today? on 21:55 - Aug 17 by strikalite

Whose side were Newcastle fans on I wonder.....

Top directions in btw mate 👍

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So how were the trains in the end today? on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 2048 viewsPJH

After one of our F.A. Cup games at Shrewsbury (the 0-0 in 1980 I think) our special train pulled in at Peterborough at the same time as the scum train was coming back from them getting thumped at Man C.
A lot of police appeared on the platform in between us all of a sudden.
So how were the trains in the end today? on 22:44 - Aug 17 with 1978 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hilarious

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So how were the trains in the end today? on 22:59 - Aug 17 with 1921 viewsBasuco

We got to Peterborough station at 5.25 and the 5.34 "football extra train" and the 5.40 were both cancelled, so the 5.50 was absolutely rammed full. Then we get an announcement over train PA that busses were outside the station going to Ipswich. So yes a cockup all round by the wonderful fragmented UK railways and a wise move to travel by car.
Login to get fewer ads

So how were the trains in the end today? on 12:17 - Aug 18 with 1353 viewsGeoffSentence

Not enough capacity on the 09:58 train so they put on a couple of buses which took well over two hours to get there, including 3 stops for a p1ss one of which was at P'bro services just a few minutes from the ground.

A wee bit of bother at PBO station for the 19:50 which was cancelled as a result. Something of a party atmosphere on the follow up train. Though, by George, I am sick of that Toto Nsiala chant now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So how were the trains in the end today? on 12:55 - Aug 18 with 1275 viewspimballwizard

Trains were GOOD on Saturday. VERY VERY GOOD.

Being LON ( Staines) based travelled out of Kings Cross on the 1103 and return from posh on the 1810. Both services were operated by the new Azuma LNER trains which have apparently been in operation since May but obviously no need for me to use them during the "close" season.

Comfortable clean and plenty of legroom . Japanese technology (Hitachi ) and a real joy !!

cf Greater (lesser) Angrier bellendio 30 year old rolling stock from Liverpool Street which has to be endured every other week for a home game. (believe this is ex Virgin no ? ) Dreadful.

Was fortunate to avoid all the nonsense @ posh with the Magpies and the Canaries also so + + !!

Have deliberately not mentioned the foot (hoof) ball as with meeting up with old mates at the Drapers Arms and the rather nice Queens Head overshadowed what we have sadly have had to endure in recent times. still a few green shoots visible next to the glass half full that need watering/nurturing.

Ho hum .
So how were the trains in the end today? on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 1263 viewsMeadowlark

Got the 07.45 from Oulton Broad. East Midlands strike meant there was no direct connection between Norwich and Peterborough, so changed at Ely onto a packed two-coacher and stood all the way to Posh.
Early enough for a few pints around the city.
17.19 out of Peterborough to Ely. Standing room only again, but connected to the Norwich train OK and was in the pub by quarter to eight. Few too many budgies celebrating there for my liking, but to be expected.
22.40 back to Lowestoft. "Night bus" atmosphere on this one, which is normal for the last one back to the coast....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024